Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #44,101 of 61,349
Gotcha. If anc is important to you than I could see why. I will say that any anc out thier in the tws world may not attenuate the sound of a baby crying... Lol. I hear you though. Z7 has some of the best passive noise isolation I've ever encountered, however that is for me and maybe not the next guy. I hope you find what you are looking for man
Ha yeah. It’s amazing how such a small human can generate so much noise!!

Mar 29, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #44,102 of 61,349
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....1.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

So far so good. Sounds good for the things that I thought they looked good for. Fit seems interesting...
1648586638686.png

...but guess I will see how it works for me Thursday.

Mar 29, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #44,105 of 61,349
hi. I don't expect high resolution from any wireless buds but i want to ask, is there any model close to the neutral frequency curve?
Other than the Sony Linkbuds, I haven't bought any TWS this year, but the Nuarl N6 Pro are VERY neutral, and I would also add that they don't really sound limited by the lack of high-resolution codec at all (it uses regular AptX). I would argue that if you like neutral, these might be the best ones I have heard to date. Not like there are a ton of them out there though. Most concentrate on boosted bass at the very least, or the Harmon curve. I would assume that the N6 Pro 2 and other newer models probably improve on this???

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #44,106 of 61,349
No wonder really. We know that they won't. Just in general from price. $169 vs. $349 and they will sound as good plus have ANC? Also hopefully Noble can give us something with three drivers that couldn't have just been done with a single dynamic. That is more what KZ does. :) As has been said from the name we know. Falcon line is the lesser line so why make it a Falcon model if it is better than the Falcon range.

Isn't KZ's style more to stuff 3 drivers inside, but only 1 is actually hooked up and in use while the other two are for looks? Lol

Mar 29, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #44,107 of 61,349
quick comparison between sony wf-c500 and technics az60.
i had the former for about a month before switching to the latter.
i personally dont eq my stuff with the exception of TWS.
i dont use anc

c500 is warmer (still neautral-ish with the right eq), more holographic and more engaging. i can easily be in the music with this. it didn't fit me well
az60 (early impressions; 2days use) is a bit more detailed, brighter, less holographic and less engaging. but not to the point where id prefer c500 over it (with the exception of c500 holographic capability). i needed to (-2) 100hz from these. they fit me better. touch controls are heaven sent.

mic is lousy on c500 but i rarely use calls and can be easily solved by taking out 1 bud and putting the mic closer to your mouth.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #44,108 of 61,349
I wonder if the new Noble Falcon ANC will sound as good as the Fokus Pro?

I don’t think so. The Falcons have a lesser driver set up than the Fokus.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #44,110 of 61,349
Since in EU the lowest price I can get from Aliexpress is 77€, that at present rate change corresponds to almost 85$ I think I will at least wait and see. I was interested in them mainly for side sleeping use in a noisy environment, but maybe I could instead give a chance to a cheap Bluetooth headband...
Yeah I'm gonna pass on these too. 1More have gone away from that signature sound they had with their earlier releases recently (even though when you listen back, it's pretty trash, at least they had good intentions given the limitations!) and become just another vendor, certainly not befitting of their MSRP prices.

The shill reviews are tiresome too. I had one vendor cross the line, again, a while ago trying to put words in my mouth. The number of vendors prepared to send me stuff which I review on my terms is rapidly shrinking to a donut shaped number so everything is out my own pocket, and you can go swivel if you think I'm gonna spend £70 on earbuds that will be £50 in a month or two.

Buying through AliExpress is getting increasingly tough too. I just had a set of kbear ks1 arrive yesterday, I ordered them maybe last year?! Taken five months (and pointless videos of faults they never even watched) to get $75 refund approved for FIIL CC PRO, was approved two weeks ago still no sign of the funds.... The search is becoming a bit boring now

Mar 30, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #44,112 of 61,349
Hi everyone, just wanted to share information here from the Sony WF-1000XM4 impressions thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wf-1000xm4-impressions-thread.958184/page-154#post-16889575

Other than that problem which Sony are working on fixing with firmware update I'm very impressed with them, and releived I don't have to return them.

I didn't hear their sound signature before the last update but after the first day using EQ to brighten the sound I left EQ off last night, brain burn in set in fast and they don't sound too dark at all and have enough detail. Last week I was using my LG Tone Free FP9 (stock tips) and there was MORE bass than the Sony's (stock foams). I had to use the bass reduction EQ in wavelet because I was getting headaches.. This coming from someone who owns the Skullcandy Crusher Evo. Although maybe it was a combination of their bass and pressure from the ANC causing the headaches. Anyone here with the FP9 try different tips?

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #44,113 of 61,349
Hi everyone, just wanted to share information here from the Sony WF-1000XM4 impressions thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wf-1000xm4-impressions-thread.958184/page-154#post-16889575

Other than that problem which Sony are working on fixing with firmware update I'm very impressed with them, and releived I don't have to return them.

I didn't hear their sound signature before the last update but after the first day using EQ to brighten the sound I left EQ off last night, brain burn in set in fast and they don't sound too dark at all and have enough detail. Last week I was using my LG Tone Free FP9 (stock tips) and there was MORE bass than the Sony's (stock foams). I had to use the bass reduction EQ in wavelet because I was getting headaches.. This coming from someone who owns the Skullcandy Crusher Evo. Although maybe it was a combination of their bass and pressure from the ANC causing the headaches. Anyone here with the FP9 try different tips?
Call quality still not the best and continue to wait for it to hopefully perform at a higher level, people on phone calls and Zoom/Teams have shown that Linkbuds quality for calls is improved over the XM4 at least in office settings

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #44,114 of 61,349
Call quality still not the best and continue to wait for it to hopefully perform at a higher level, people on phone calls and Zoom/Teams have shown that Linkbuds quality for calls is improved over the XM4 at least in office settings
Everyone is a step below in terms of call quality from Apple. If call quality is a priority just get the AirPods Pro.

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #44,115 of 61,349
Everyone is a step below in terms of call quality from Apple. If call quality is a priority just get the AirPods Pro.
I think so too. The APP are tough to beat on calls. I did come across some Soundcore frames the other day and they work really good for calls if you don't want something stuffed in the ears. Not sure I would pay their asking price and definitely won't be listening to music on them, but they are great for calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back