Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #44,071 of 62,141
Anyone suspect the coming Sennheiser Momentum TWS 3 will be any good?

Recently got the XM4, but unsure about the fit (hurts cartilage in my ears during extended wear, which can be somewhat alleviated by twisting forward slightly, but then they really stick out).

I just picked up the Buds Pro for $140 (great deal), but haven't opened package yet. Reading mixed things about comfort, and battery life doesn't appear to be the best.

Wondering if I should try waiting for the Sennheiser.

Try an extra short tip?

I use decored app foam tips on my xm4. I also slightly rotate forward of what I originally thought was the correct position.

Brings them in and are way more comfortable for me. I do have smaller and short ear canals.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #44,072 of 62,141
For what it's worth... I bought my first pair of wireless earbuds (Senn. M2) this year. I found that turning off EQs clears up the sound by taking out extra processing. However, this market is saturated with bass-centric buds. Although the M2 has a high-range treble extension, it's obviously trying to make up for the lack of mid-range clarity that's kind of muddied by the bass. They're great for bass-heavy tracks, but Sennheiser didn't achieve anything groundbreaking here. It's a very "mainstream" market still, IMO.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #44,073 of 62,141
There's some new TWS from B&O coming called the Beoplay EX. Some speculate a sport version. No pics out there yet.
I mentioned it a few dozen pages back :wink: Finger on the pulse over here :beerchug:

Mar 27, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #44,074 of 62,141
I just update my xm4 today, and if my ears have not falling yet, it sound better. Have not test the mic quality yet though.
The bass response is different, now it's more punchy and less bloated. Overall something else might be changed, there is a bit more air and clarity. Not sure about that but good quality recordings are sounding slightly better to my ears. I'm using LDAC as before the update.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #44,075 of 62,141
The bass response is different, now it's more punchy and less bloated. Overall something else might be changed, there is a bit more air and clarity. Not sure about that but good quality recordings are sounding slightly better to my ears. I'm using LDAC as before the update.
Same here, I feel like the xm4 have become the mix of warmness of the mw08 and the open space of the t5II anc which I am appreciate.

Mar 28, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #44,076 of 62,141
1MORE Comfobuds Mini are TINY! Thankfully, Sound ID is incorporated in the 1More app. Not like the Grell. Works well. ANC is not the greatest but impressive considering the price. I'll be testing them out for a few days. If ANC works this well, they might be a good sleeping pair. Case has Qi charging. Volume controls, play/pause on the buds. You can't toggle between ANC and Transparency by a touch and hole on the buds.
Have you made up your mind yet on the sound quality on those guys? It is difficult to judge the (shill?) reviews on youtube, which suspiciously keep talking about SQ to all the way to the end ... then saying things like 'after going through sound ID there the best bass ever' or vague like 'my kind of sound sig' ...

I just hate how AliExpress' gamification keeps drawing me in ... instead of 99$, now with sale and coupons and codes I get it to just below 59$ ... and I am very triggered by that small form factor ... I wish there were some reviews like Kenneth Tanaka on the Fiil T1 Lite "just get them, best SQ evah!" :)

Screenshot_2022_03_28_17_03.jpg

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #44,077 of 62,141
Since you have been on this thread for a while, you should know how picky I can be about IEMs/TWS, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good they are at what they are targeted to be. It is a niche market for these, because everyone (except me) wants ANC or at the very least passive noise isolation. And battery life is less than the average of TWS nowadays, but from completely dead it only took about 30-40 minutes (didn't time it exactly) to charge to full in the case. Now, the case does take a long time to charge, so if you use these daily, you might have to throw the case on the charger nightly, but I do this with my phone anyhow.

With the proper fit and adjustment (these COMPLETELY rely on proper adjustment, or they sound like crap hence the mixed reviews on the sound) they are plenty loud to drown out all but the loudest sounds IMHO. And tapping pretty much anywhere on your jaw (it works best to tap your cheek where it is fleshy, the tighter the skin the less it will vibrate and the harder you have to tap) controls them, which is probably one of my favorite features aside from the sound quality.

This coming from someone who has NEVER liked any Sony IEMs or TWS to this point. Granted, I use the built-in EQ (Bright setting for more airy treble), the stock setting isn't as dark as their normal house sound IMO. Bass is plenty of quantity, but sub bass is severely lacking, so if you like EDM, or R&B, or Rap, these might not do it for you, though it isn't horrible on those either. But, with Jazz, Rock, etc... it has plenty; it relies on a boosted mid + upper bass to make up the lack of sub-bass.
Agree with all that. I've never been a fan of Sony until the Linkbuds either. Very frustrating seeing reviews from people like 'Max Tech' who doesn't even have them sat in his ears properly.

Sony are pretty clear in the documentation that you need to try different wings to get the right sound. Otherwise they'd have done what Samsung did and included no wings!

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #44,078 of 62,141
Have you made up your mind yet on the sound quality on those guys? It is difficult to judge the (shill?) reviews on youtube, which suspiciously keep talking about SQ to all the way to the end ... then saying things like 'after going through sound ID there the best bass ever' or vague like 'my kind of sound sig' ...

I just hate how AliExpress' gamification keeps drawing me in ... instead of 99$, now with sale and coupons and codes I get it to just below 59$ ... and I am very triggered by that small form factor ... I wish there were some reviews like Kenneth Tanaka on the Fiil T1 Lite "just get them, best SQ evah!" :)

Screenshot_2022_03_28_17_03.jpg
The cheaper you can get them the better the value IMO. They sound find for the size, but we all have so many better options in our collections. That said, they do jam pack them with features a lot of other buds do not have for a higher price. The one problem I have with them is the fit. I don't like the tips and didn't find anything in my collection that works well with them and also fit in the case. I've heard the great ones, these are definitely not the best sound, but for the size and price they do a very good job. I wish I paid $59 and not $85 plus tax here in the US!

Mar 28, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #44,079 of 62,141
The cheaper you can get them the better the value IMO. They sound find for the size, but we all have so many better options in our collections. That said, they do jam pack them with features a lot of other buds do not have for a higher price. The one problem I have with them is the fit. I don't like the tips and didn't find anything in my collection that works well with them and also fit in the case. I've heard the great ones, these are definitely not the best sound, but for the size and price they do a very good job. I wish I paid $59 and not $85 plus tax here in the US!

Since in EU the lowest price I can get from Aliexpress is 77€, that at present rate change corresponds to almost 85$ I think I will at least wait and see. I was interested in them mainly for side sleeping use in a noisy environment, but maybe I could instead give a chance to a cheap Bluetooth headband...

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #44,081 of 62,141
HAD. Devialet for sound, the Technics Az60 for everything else IMO. Although the ANC on the Gemini is pretty dang good.
I love everything about the Devialet except for the fit… they don’t stay very securely in my ears and I get a popping sound if I chew food or hit the treadmill

but the sound… oh my… only my B&O EQ sound that good

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #44,082 of 62,141
Noble Fokus Pro for the best sounding TWS in my house. Love them. Then we amp it up to the IEMs, Thieaudio Monarch MK2 and Legacy 4s on adapters. I have a few other TWS but small ones not geared for best sound. Here's my current lineup. No wild hairs this week for anything new... YET!
I wonder if the new Noble Falcon ANC will sound as good as the Fokus Pro?

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #44,083 of 62,141
Z7 is flat out one of the best tws iems for sound quality. For the price it is ridiculous how capable the drivers are in this set. I've had these for over 6 months maybe more. I think if you want better sound in the tws world you'd have to look at the Fokus model by Noble and maybe the EQ (please note that this is my opinion). I have gotten rid of most of the big hitters out there (Gemini, Sony wf1000xm4, AZ60, Grado Gt220, Liberty 3 Pro, etc etc) in favor of the Z7. Although there are a few I have yet to try but the Z7 does compete well. So please take into consideration that I haven't heard everything out there and I'm sure some sets can do well against this set for SQ. I care about sound quality over everything else. I don't care about anc or a good ambient mode... However, that being said the Z7 also lacks anc and have an ambient mode that leaves alot to be desired. It has a nice app which gives you pretty good control as well. The Z7 react very well to an equalizer as these drivers just seem to take whatever you throw at them without distortion and the Z7 just have awesome control over the whole spectrum and extend really low. Just like the Tevi/Z3 the Z7 have more sub bass than mid bass (which I like) and have good extension up top. I think they get 11 hrs battery on the Buds. Another few things to note; the case is rather large, granted you get 70 hrs with the thing and also the Z7 are quite large themselves and stick out of the ear a bit. Also they are push button rather than touch. I can't say anything bad about the Z7. The tuning is almost a slightly airier Final Audio tuning but with EQ the these can change significantly. One last thing, I really believe the Titanium Driver in this set needs a good 50 hrs (at the very least) burn-in or listen-in and they may require different tips.
I wish the Z7 had ANC. Noisy baby in the house so that’s kind of a deal breaker for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back