Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 31, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #44,131 of 62,477
Mar 31, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #44,132 of 62,477
They’re vacuums are a godsend with a toddler!
Do I have to call the authorities?? There are child labor laws you know.
1648742482729.png

I guess it is never too early to learn the value of a days work. :)

Mar 31, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #44,133 of 62,477
Do I have to call the authorities?? There are child labor laws you know.
1648742482729.png
I guess it is never too early to learn the value of a days work. :)
Start ‘em young!

Mar 31, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #44,134 of 62,477
Got a basic case size comparison...
1648743948263.jpeg

TW-E5b case is about 2" tall and 2.5" wide.

Tip rolling is a hoot. The buds fit a certain way and lock in so they keep near the same depth so some tips just like the stock medium might not seal as well as they can since you can't push them in more. Most tips really sound good but different. Haven't gone through many but not as easy here to discard.

Didn't take very long for them to clean up on the sound. I think the bass may take more time but not much run in proved to up the detail and show more clarity.

So far excellent and another level toward wired sounding. These will be well regarded.

Mar 31, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #44,135 of 62,477
Mar 31, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #44,138 of 62,477
Got a basic case size comparison...
1648743948263.jpeg
TW-E5b case is about 2" tall and 2.5" wide.

Tip rolling is a hoot. The buds fit a certain way and lock in so they keep near the same depth so some tips just like the stock medium might not seal as well as they can since you can't push them in more. Most tips really sound good but different. Haven't gone through many but not as easy here to discard.

Didn't take very long for them to clean up on the sound. I think the bass may take more time but not much run in proved to up the detail and show more clarity.

So far excellent and another level toward wired sounding. These will be well regarded.
How do you compare the yamaha to the cks50 and the az60 in sq, anc and mic quality?

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #44,139 of 62,477
How do you compare the yamaha to the cks50 and the az60 in sq, anc and mic quality?
I bought the AT instead of the AZ60 since I have some devices that don't do LDAC but only aptX codecs. So, I can't tell you about Technics. The Yamaha can have quite good passive isolation but they are just about the SQ and only do ambient and make calls. They are not an ANC model which is fine as that keeps the AT with a job to do. :) I'm assuming, like the first "A" series the E7B would be the ANC model. Doesn't exist yet though.

The Yammy edges slightly in ambient and calls over the AT. SQ goes to the Yamaha as does ease of use. Controls are easier to use. I can connect the AT to my Cowon, for instance, and then the Yamaha connects right after. If I try to connect the AT after the Yamaha I have to bring up the device list and choose the CKS50 to connect the AT again. Unless you shut the voice prompts off the Yamaha is less chatty with no play/pause announcement, only "battery high" instead of battery level high" and "link lost" instead of "disconnected". Both are 5 series and about the same price. The AT is coming out right now in the US as well. Both are good but the Yamaha are for the SQ and the low level listening feature plus ease of fit and use while the AT would be better for ANC and battery life.

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #44,140 of 62,477
Think I'm going to return the Liberty Pro 3 and get the Fiio UTWS5 and just use my existing IEM's. I think the behind the ear fit may suit me better.

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #44,141 of 62,477
Saw this video which compare the Yamaha to the ZE3000 a bit...

Call quality sounds to me like a win for the Yamaha. You can hear the treble thing as being more extended but it kinda sounds like it might when I use the medium stock tips and don't have a good seal. They didn't seem to do it right as they do have balance but are not thin like that. Just using them outside and in the store and very fun and sounds good with enough bass. I would say they would be closer to neutral than the ZE3000 but even with no EQ I find they have bass presence and and some feel. I can hear that they would do the same thing to the ZE3000 as far as treble reach thing and the Final would be stunted and not reach as high.

Think the stock tips need to be ditched depending on your desired sound.
1648760325626.jpeg

1648760444272.jpeg

There is a channel in the tube that leads to a vent in the actual tube. Same principal as the James444 front bass mod where here cuts a piece of tip and lays it on the tube and the tip goes on making holes to lessen bass amount. Testing this out, the stock tips, while being narrower at the front which lessen the seal and bass they seem to be front bore venting pressure away for more bass control.

Investigating even further reveals...
1648760987119.jpeg

...a concave rim instead of a flat one so pushing the tip on all the way still tries to to keep that channel free.

So, if you like neutral you can use the stock tips, get the right amount(for me) with better tips for slight warmth, or stuff or tape that front tube hole for more bass. I have not tested that out to see just how much. Stock tips are still better than that video makes them seem. Same thing happened with the KEF MU3 in a video that made those seem lacking bass more than the real story.

Anyhow testing and figuring them out so I can talk about them with the correct knowledge. :)

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #44,142 of 62,477
Think I'm going to return the Liberty Pro 3 and get the Fiio UTWS5 and just use my existing IEM's. I think the behind the ear fit may suit me better.
I finally caved and bought a good IEM Fiio FH5 and the UTWS5 and now rarely use my actual TWS anymore. The over ear design is pretty comfy and if you have comfy IEMs they become really hard to beat as a combo. If you have a favorite IEM already it also save you having to find its TWS comparable...

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #44,143 of 62,477
I finally caved and bought a good IEM Fiio FH5 and the UTWS5 and now rarely use my actual TWS anymore. The over ear design is pretty comfy and if you have comfy IEMs they become really hard to beat as a combo. If you have a favorite IEM already it also save you having to find its TWS comparable...
Anyone use these with glasses?

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #44,144 of 62,477
I wear glasses all the time. No issues for me.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #44,145 of 62,477

Users who are viewing this thread

Back