Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #42,226 of 62,385
I also tried WF-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2, both of which returned to Amazon.

With Sennheiser MTW2 I had problems with bluetooth. Difficult and never immediate connection, not very stable, with frequent falls. Maybe a faulty copy? Either way I wasn't thrilled with SQ.

WF-1000XM3 a very good sound with ANC activated, more bright than WF-1000XM4, with more lively treble.

Overall though the WF-1000XM4 sounds more organic and refined to my ears and it wins out for everything else too - shape, comfort, ANC, IPX4, battery life

Have you tried the new update? Supposed to be a bit more treble.

I haven't yet.

Jan 24, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #42,227 of 62,385
Discussions here tend to focus on the newer models. The AZ60 is newer than the Nuratrue so naturally we see more discussions of the former here.

I have the Nuratrue and out of my five TWS in rotation (Sony XM3, UE Fits, Marshall Mode II and Beo E8), I'll probably recommend the Nuratrue to be the best all-rounder TWS.

Just bought the Marshall Montif but the ETA is more than a month away, so in the meantime, I might do a quick reviews of them using the Sony XM3 as the baseline comparison model.

I had them both. For pure SQ the Nuratrue are the clear winners... For me. For everything else the AZ60 are just better, better built, better features. Not that Nuratrue lack... They have pretty much all features but just not implemented as well. I actually enjoyed them both. Two very nice sets. The Nura's sound pretty awesome man, but are odd looking and can fit a bit funny, however once you have them seated well... The sound is truly great for a tws. The AZ60 sound good but have all the features and are done well. I realize that doesn't help you... At all. I should add that I am not entirely sure that I didn't have a defective AZ60 as I had very limited area of sub-bass to mid-bass. It was odd, very odd. Certain areas of the low end would hit pretty good but others was absolutely non-existent... Also I had quite alot of sibilance that couldn't be gotten rid of. Not with tips, not with EQ and trust me I tried for days with every trick in the book. Others in this group have reported none of what I heard so I am thinking maybe.... Maybe.... I just had a bad unit... Idk. I would like to give the AZ60 another try one of these days. All that said... The Nuratrue are beasts SQ wise. Very full sound, as full as you want it. Every area of the spectrum is represented very well. They just tick every box in the Audio Dept. The anc wasn't very good, the Hear thru (or whatever they call it) was not that great either. The app is okay but I'd prefer the AZ60's for everything else.

Sound on the Nuratrue is wonderful. Really good. In my experience here at home, the ANC was great. Neither the AZ60 or Nuratrue ANC is spectacular. Not really why I'd buy them. I did return the NT and felt that the build quality was cheap. Also, they hurt my ears. They have a weird design on the inside and they don't insert like most TWS. Works for some, just not me. All the controls on them worked flawlessly. Case is cheap and no wireless charging. The AZ60 are a very well built TWS. Solid and small case. Buds fit me great, taps worked and the ANC was decent. But they're not as great in the sound department. They're no slouch by any means. For me, I didn't like this sibilance my ears heard in the mids. Some say they've fixed that, but who knows. If you're looking for an all-around bud, I'd say go for the AZ60. If you want that sound and the Nura proprietary stuff, give them a shot. I had them both and returned them both. Just found that other options were better for my world here. They're not buds that I'd revisit any time soon unless they were a sick deal.

Alright, I guess both could be worth trying when the time comes. Build quality might push the Nuratrue out of consideration. It depends on how much it costs at the time and whether there is an updated version in couple of months. I will put both on my watchlist until then.

Thanks to all 3!

Jan 24, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #42,228 of 62,385
Have you tried the new update? Supposed to be a bit more treble.

I haven't yet.
Yes, I have firmware 1.3.3 and to me it sounds great without the need for EQ. I don't want to treble anymore.

WF-1000XM3 still had a brighter signature and with a hint of extra energy, from what I remember.

WF-1000XM4 sounds warmer and more relaxed even with the new firmware, but I like it the way it is.

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #42,231 of 62,385
FYI... On Amazon US the Whizzer HE01 is on sale down to $56. A great deal on a great set. I think they'd be nice for an adapter. I think they are like $25 bucks off. One of the best Single DD sets under $100 without a doubt
Just ordered one. I’ve still got lots of drawers to fill with sub-$100 buds

Jan 25, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #42,233 of 62,385
Crin just came out with a first impressions vid where he gave the lea 5/5 stars. Said they're great for under 100, since he doesn't know the actual price. His mind is gonna be blown when he finds out their real price. Now I don't feel as crazy liking them over the timeless sometimes. The lea take eq extremely well, and dialed in they're great! I also just ordered the t3+. These sub 100 iem's are for real!

FYI... On Amazon US the Whizzer HE01 is on sale down to $56. A great deal on a great set. I think they'd be nice for an adapter. I think they are like $25 bucks off. One of the best Single DD sets under $100 without a doubt
Ugh, ur killing me. Tempted to order, lol! [edit] ugh, ordered

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #42,234 of 62,385
Crin just came out with a first impressions vid where he gave the lea 5/5 stars. Said they're great for under 100, since he doesn't know the actual price. His mind is gonna be blown when he finds out their real price. Now I don't feel as crazy liking them over the timeless sometimes. The lea take eq extremely well, and dialed in they're great! I also just ordered the t3+. These sub 100 iem's are for real!

Ugh, ur killing me. Tempted to order, lol! [edit] ugh, ordered
You are on a role with some of my favorites... I won't add any more options man... Trust me though... There's more. The t3+ is imo (which in my own mind is debatable) a better Moondrop Aria with a bit more energy up top but not alot at all, and a bit more low end. The Lea speaks for itself, I love tripowin sets. The Tc01 for $49 is a very nicely tuned set as well. I think you'll like the HE01. I freaking lost mine on vacation this year so I'll purchase another but the tuning is great.

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #42,235 of 62,385
Jan 25, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #42,236 of 62,385
I have been spending some extended time with the Shure TW2 paired with the UE900 which are a dinosaur pretty much at this point and while the 4 BA drivers sound great they are missing something. Back in the day the UE900 (wired obviously) were my favourite IEMs, however the Shure TW2 paired with the SE215 Special Edition that came as a combo sound nicer to my ears and more fun for daily use and comfort is also much better, so while not the most detailed or technical they are still very nice sounding IEMs and do most things right and still beat other TWS in this price bracket.

Due to some changes in life and personal situation I won’t be purchasing many IEMs and TWS in the near future so I’m really quite happy with my current rotation until something new and revolutionary pops up! :D

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #42,237 of 62,385
I have been spending some extended time with the Shure TW2 paired with the UE900 which are a dinosaur pretty much at this point and while the 4 BA drivers sound great they are missing something. Back in the day the UE900 (wired obviously) were my favourite IEMs, however the Shure TW2 paired with the SE215 Special Edition that came as a combo sound nicer to my ears and more fun for daily use and comfort is also much better, so while not the most detailed or technical they are still very nice sounding IEMs and do most things right and still beat other TWS in this price bracket.

Due to some changes in life and personal situation I won’t be purchasing many IEMs and TWS in the near future so I’m really quite happy with my current rotation until something new and revolutionary pops up! :D
Nothing wrong with the 215 se. As long as you can find some enjoyment man, all that matters.

Jan 25, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #42,238 of 62,385
If anyone is aware of a QDC (IEM side) to classic 2 pin (cable side) adapter, can you kindly post a link (or PM me)? I'm loathe to cut the sheath around the A09 Pro within the return period. I've searched but best I could find are 2 pin / MMCX (and vice versa). TIA!

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #42,239 of 62,385
If anyone is aware of a QDC (IEM side) to classic 2 pin (cable side) adapter, can you kindly post a link (or PM me)? I'm loathe to cut the sheath around the A09 Pro within the return period. I've searched but best I could find are 2 pin / MMCX (and vice versa). TIA!

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vZeoPo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back