Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #42,211 of 62,419
Did anyone try both AZ60 and Nuratrue? I would be curious how the 2 compare. Not that I'm at the point of buying (yet), but I recall Nuratrue getting lots of traction here a few months ago, but it's kind of been quiet since. I feel AZ60 is getting the most talk here last couple month.
I had them both. For pure SQ the Nuratrue are the clear winners... For me. For everything else the AZ60 are just better, better built, better features. Not that Nuratrue lack... They have pretty much all features but just not implemented as well. I actually enjoyed them both. Two very nice sets. The Nura's sound pretty awesome man, but are odd looking and can fit a bit funny, however once you have them seated well... The sound is truly great for a tws. The AZ60 sound good but have all the features and are done well. I realize that doesn't help you... At all. I should add that I am not entirely sure that I didn't have a defective AZ60 as I had very limited area of sub-bass to mid-bass. It was odd, very odd. Certain areas of the low end would hit pretty good but others was absolutely non-existent... Also I had quite alot of sibilance that couldn't be gotten rid of. Not with tips, not with EQ and trust me I tried for days with every trick in the book. Others in this group have reported none of what I heard so I am thinking maybe.... Maybe.... I just had a bad unit... Idk. I would like to give the AZ60 another try one of these days. All that said... The Nuratrue are beasts SQ wise. Very full sound, as full as you want it. Every area of the spectrum is represented very well. They just tick every box in the Audio Dept. The anc wasn't very good, the Hear thru (or whatever they call it) was not that great either. The app is okay but I'd prefer the AZ60's for everything else.

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #42,212 of 62,419
I had them both. For pure SQ the Nuratrue are the clear winners... For me. For everything else the AZ60 are just better, better built, better features. Not that Nuratrue lack... They have pretty much all features but just not implemented as well. I actually enjoyed them both. Two very nice sets. The Nura's sound pretty awesome man, but are odd looking and can fit a bit funny, however once you have them seated well... The sound is truly great for a tws. The AZ60 sound good but have all the features and are done well. I realize that doesn't help you... At all. I should add that I am not entirely sure that I didn't have a defective AZ60 as I had very limited area of sub-bass to mid-bass. It was odd, very odd. Certain areas of the low end would hit pretty good but others was absolutely non-existent... Also I had quite alot of sibilance that couldn't be gotten rid of. Not with tips, not with EQ and trust me I tried for days with every trick in the book. Others in this group have reported none of what I heard so I am thinking maybe.... Maybe.... I just had a bad unit... Idk. I would like to give the AZ60 another try one of these days. All that said... The Nuratrue are beasts SQ wise. Very full sound, as full as you want it. Every area of the spectrum is represented very well. They just tick every box in the Audio Dept. The anc wasn't very good, the Hear thru (or whatever they call it) was not that great either. The app is okay but I'd prefer the AZ60's for everything else.

Agree with you that the Nuratrue's ANC isn't that good, so I just keep it off.

Besides the great SQ, the connection is the most stable and reliable of those in my collection, and the touch interface is the most responsive too.

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #42,213 of 62,419
Agree with you that the Nuratrue's ANC isn't that good, so I just keep it off.

Besides the great SQ, the connection is the most stable and reliable of those in my collection, and the touch interface is the most responsive too.
Agreed. Ya I kept the ANC off as well, no point in keeping it on. The app isnt bad though and I really like the immersive mode... Such a full sound from the lows to the highs.

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #42,214 of 62,419
Update to my update - I’ve got quite the box going back. Spent the night with the FH9s. Don’t quite understand how such fantastic basses, mids and trebles can be so boring… is this what is meant by good technicals? They just aren’t fun and the price is too steep to not have fun! The Mele, the OH10s, the Blessing2 are all fun listens. And that, for me, is what makes them great values

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #42,215 of 62,419
Update to my update - I’ve got quite the box going back. Spent the night with the FH9s. Don’t quite understand how such fantastic basses, mids and trebles can be so boring… is this what is meant by good technicals? They just aren’t fun and the price is too steep to not have fun! The Mele, the OH10s, the Blessing2 are all fun listens. And that, for me, is what makes them great values
Totally agree with that statement. Granted I have not tried the FH9 but.... I have had similar issues with "Amazing" iems that cost way too much. Ya know, it's amazing that you can buy a set for $50 that impresses you more than a $400 set. I find this all the time. The budget segment of iems is littered with great sound and it makes you pause a bit before buying the $500 iem. You are spot on man. I challenge the people in this group to get their hands on some budget killers. They may not always carry perfect details etc etc but tonality, dynamics can be found for much less. That being said the actual "Amazing" sets with a higher price tag are out there for sure. This also takes into account the fact that not everyone has the same taste and to many the Fiio FH9 is fantastic.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #42,216 of 62,419
Yep, I wanted to like those FH9 but sadly, they just didn't do it for me too.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #42,217 of 62,419
Did anyone try both AZ60 and Nuratrue? I would be curious how the 2 compare. Not that I'm at the point of buying (yet), but I recall Nuratrue getting lots of traction here a few months ago, but it's kind of been quiet since. I feel AZ60 is getting the most talk here last couple month.
Sound on the Nuratrue is wonderful. Really good. In my experience here at home, the ANC was great. Neither the AZ60 or Nuratrue ANC is spectacular. Not really why I'd buy them. I did return the NT and felt that the build quality was cheap. Also, they hurt my ears. They have a weird design on the inside and they don't insert like most TWS. Works for some, just not me. All the controls on them worked flawlessly. Case is cheap and no wireless charging. The AZ60 are a very well built TWS. Solid and small case. Buds fit me great, taps worked and the ANC was decent. But they're not as great in the sound department. They're no slouch by any means. For me, I didn't like this sibilance my ears heard in the mids. Some say they've fixed that, but who knows. If you're looking for an all-around bud, I'd say go for the AZ60. If you want that sound and the Nura proprietary stuff, give them a shot. I had them both and returned them both. Just found that other options were better for my world here. They're not buds that I'd revisit any time soon unless they were a sick deal.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #42,218 of 62,419
I agree with this 100% The type of sound I like doesn't need to be 100% clinical and technical. But it needs to be fun and make me emotionally involved. To me, that's just a feeling that it instills when you listen to some of your favourite tracks. To be clear, that's more than just graphs and technicals. If the sound lacks any type of musicality and 'emotion' that's just a dead end. Even now listening to the Timeless. Some tracks are amazing on it like the Inception soundtrack gives me goose bumps because of how low the sub-bass hits in it's score and then on other tracks, I'm kinda like... meh. I'm hoping the OH10's will fill that void all-around!

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #42,219 of 62,419
Honestly when I am using the Qudelix, Btr5, or the IFi Go Blu I don't see much of a difference at all from wired sound. Those devices are so nice man. As far as what do I prefer... If I am just sitting down I like to listen to my phone with the Fiio KA3 dongle dac, Shanling Ua2 dongle dac, or the Fiio M11 DAP or just throw on the IFi Go Blu or qudelix... I really switch it up alot. I will from time to time throw on some tws or the adapters but if I really want to hear my music then I'd go with those mentioned above. Like I said I switch it up alot. The adapters get you alot closer than tws and are a good way to take in music between tws and something like the IFi. I tell you what though, the adapters are really nice. You really get nice replay from any of the adapters mentioned in this group. They are no slouches at all. If I did not have the IFi and qudelix and btr5 I would be as happy as can be with an adapter and an iem attached. As far as the Qudelix or something like it if there is the same issues as tws.... No.... No those things raise the bar. They will drive pretty much any iem very well.
Just tried BT for the first time with the btr5, I notice a diff with the timeless. It's more technical wired with wider soundstage. With BT it's more chill and reminds me of going from CD to FM. Not huge, and actually would prefer BT sometimes to not get as fatigued. I feel like the full planar sparkling technicalities come out wired with the btr5 versus BT. That being said, I still feel like the music doesn't totally mesh together as well, but it might be because the tonality and planar aren't my cup of tea. The arias are great on the other hand.

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #42,220 of 62,419
I agree with this 100% The type of sound I like doesn't need to be 100% clinical and technical. But it needs to be fun and make me emotionally involved. To me, that's just a feeling that it instills when you listen to some of your favourite tracks. To be clear, that's more than just graphs and technicals. If the sound lacks any type of musicality and 'emotion' that's just a dead end. Even now listening to the Timeless. Some tracks are amazing on it like the Inception soundtrack gives me goose bumps because of how low the sub-bass hits in it's score and then on other tracks, I'm kinda like... meh. I'm hoping the OH10's will fill that void all-around!
+100. I need to add that’s why I stay on this thread. We regularly hear from people who are looking for a fun sound. TWS is not the vehicle for technicalities or a sterile tuning. In TWS, I am looking for the coloration that sounds best to me. The Fokus Pro comes closest (so far) to bridging the gap between IEM and TWS. Here in this thread people share the equipment that brings them fun and excitement. That’s why the conversation on IEM and TW adapters belongs here. To segregate this conversation to a different thread would make things a lot less fun.

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #42,222 of 62,419
I am very happy with Sony WF-1000XM4 + Spinfit CP360.

As you said above about the TWS: it won't be an extremely technical sound, but really very engaging and fun.
I also tried WF-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2, both of which returned to Amazon.

With Sennheiser MTW2 I had problems with bluetooth. Difficult and never immediate connection, not very stable, with frequent falls. Maybe a faulty copy? Either way I wasn't thrilled with SQ.

WF-1000XM3 a very good sound with ANC activated, more bright than WF-1000XM4, with more lively treble.

Overall though the WF-1000XM4 sounds more organic and refined to my ears and it wins out for everything else too - shape, comfort, ANC, IPX4, battery life

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #42,223 of 62,419
Just tried BT for the first time with the btr5, I notice a diff with the timeless. It's more technical wired with wider soundstage. With BT it's more chill and reminds me of going from CD to FM. Not huge, and actually would prefer BT sometimes to not get as fatigued. I feel like the full planar sparkling technicalities come out wired with the btr5 versus BT. That being said, I still feel like the music doesn't totally mesh together as well, but it might be because the tonality and planar aren't my cup of tea. The arias are great on the other hand.
Unfortunately it is prob the planar 7hz tonality. It isn't for everyone

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #42,224 of 62,419
+100. I need to add that’s why I stay on this thread. We regularly hear from people who are looking for a fun sound. TWS is not the vehicle for technicalities or a sterile tuning. In TWS, I am looking for the coloration that sounds best to me. The Fokus Pro comes closest (so far) to bridging the gap between IEM and TWS. Here in this thread people share the equipment that brings them fun and excitement. That’s why the conversation on IEM and TW adapters belongs here. To segregate this conversation to a different thread would make things a lot less fun.
Well said man. You convinced me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back