Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 23, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #42,197 of 62,139
I think you mentioned the JH3 a couple of days ago. I read that JadeAudio is intended to be Fiios consumer market IEMs. If that’s true, consumers are getting a solid IEM, with a lively signature and great separation. Not much sub to the bass, but it has that bass pop that makes me grin. Fiio throws a good cable in the box and there is no sense that this is a lesser offering. This is an amazing value.
That's right, Jade Audio has been Fiio's "budget" offering sister company. Of course, the so called budget offering is already very well made and tuned and are very nice for the money spent. When Fiio made the Fd1 then JA made the Ea1, when Fiio made the Fh1s then JA made the Ea3, and so on and so on. Honestly the JH3 has a fun tuning, wider soundstage and is just... Pleasent, and yes they always add good cables, never cheap, but good feeling pure copper cables. Anyways you have some nice gear to get you by for sure man.

Jan 23, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #42,198 of 62,139
I don't suppose anyone has tried the CCA CA16 PRO with any of the adapters? Just curious if they would fit well.

I have the Mele just mentioned, but have them up for sale in the classifieds now because they weren't really my cup of tea.
I haven't tried the ca16 pro but I own the kz ZAS which is basically the ca16 pro.... Freaking awesome. I love that set man. The ZAS fit well so I assume the ca16 pro will be fine

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #42,200 of 62,139
That's right, Jade Audio has been Fiio's "budget" offering sister company. Of course, the so called budget offering is already very well made and tuned and are very nice for the money spent. When Fiio made the Fd1 then JA made the Ea1, when Fiio made the Fh1s then JA made the Ea3, and so on and so on. Honestly the JH3 has a fun tuning, wider soundstage and is just... Pleasent, and yes they always add good cables, never cheap, but good feeling pure copper cables. Anyways you have some nice gear to get you by for sure man.
Listening to Vulfpeck’s 1612 on the JH3 and I have to say I hate the tangle of all cables but I love the sound. Do you prefer losing the cable using the TW adapters or using a DAC/Amp?
If it’s a Bluetooth DAC/Amp like Qudelix, is there the same Bluetooth issues that a TWS gives us?

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #42,201 of 62,139
I will say after buying apparently 1,000 dollar headphones, I don’t know of any other hobby with lower diminishing returns. So I’m not sure a $400 to 500 dollar TWS would give a great bang for buck…
It is what it is…

These are very rough estimates but a 400 dollar TWS (audio only) might sound closer to a 250-300 dollar IEM depending on manufacturer. If you add in ANC and all the bells and whistles, it’ll probably sound closer to a 150-250 dollar IEM depending on manufacturer and ANC quality. The other issue with TWS is that it essentially is a wear item meaning that they are designed to be used up then thrown out once the battery is worn. I’m not sure how many manufacturers offer battery replacement programs (at cost) with their TWS IEMs, and how long such a program would go for.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #42,202 of 62,139
I had those FH9 and preferred the Variations until I received my Thieaudio Clairvoyance on Friday. Man, they are incredible. Loving every minute of them.
They must be awesome to pull ahead of the Variations and the FH9! Where’d you get them? Audio46 is only taking preorders and Amazon US doesn’t have them.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #42,203 of 62,139
They must be awesome to pull ahead of the Variations and the FH9! Where’d you get them? Audio46 is only taking preorders and Amazon US doesn’t have them.
Headphones.com and they shipped 2-day FedEx from your state to Los Angeles. They have a ton of cool stuff in stock. I do shop at Audio46 too :)

I thought the FH9 had a nice soundstage but they lacked the little bit of sub-bass I love. I also prefer the IEMs that feel like fitted IEM and most of the ones I have like that fit me like a glove.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #42,204 of 62,139
Headphones.com and they shipped 2-day FedEx from your state to Los Angeles. They have a ton of cool stuff in stock. I do shop at Audio46 too :)

I thought the FH9 had a nice soundstage but they lacked the little bit of sub-bass I love. I also prefer the IEMs that feel like fitted IEM and most of the ones I have like that fit me like a glove.
I just looked up Headphones.com at Better Business Bureau and they’ve only got 6 consumer complaints. I think all 6 of them were from people saying that it wasn’t clear on the website that open-box sales are final! The return policy on open-box items is put in bold print on the product page for the item. I don’t know of any company that has a different policy. Or of any other company doing a 365 day return like they offer. I guess they have to yell “Read the bold print people!”

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #42,205 of 62,139
I just looked up Headphones.com at Better Business Bureau and they’ve only got 6 consumer complaints. I think all 6 of them were from people saying that it wasn’t clear on the website that open-box sales are final! The return policy on open-box items is put in bold print on the product page for the item. I don’t know of any company that has a different policy. Or of any other company doing a 365 day return like they offer. I guess they have to yell “Read the bold print people!”
Yeah, it says right on their site that open box sales are final. I never really buy open Box stuff. So it really doesn’t affect me. I will say their customer service was spot on, even after several questions via chat with their representative. It was shipped the same day and I got it really fast. I’m pretty happy customer.

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #42,207 of 62,139
Listening to Vulfpeck’s 1612 on the JH3 and I have to say I hate the tangle of all cables but I love the sound. Do you prefer losing the cable using the TW adapters or using a DAC/Amp?
If it’s a Bluetooth DAC/Amp like Qudelix, is there the same Bluetooth issues that a TWS gives us?
Honestly when I am using the Qudelix, Btr5, or the IFi Go Blu I don't see much of a difference at all from wired sound. Those devices are so nice man. As far as what do I prefer... If I am just sitting down I like to listen to my phone with the Fiio KA3 dongle dac, Shanling Ua2 dongle dac, or the Fiio M11 DAP or just throw on the IFi Go Blu or qudelix... I really switch it up alot. I will from time to time throw on some tws or the adapters but if I really want to hear my music then I'd go with those mentioned above. Like I said I switch it up alot. The adapters get you alot closer than tws and are a good way to take in music between tws and something like the IFi. I tell you what though, the adapters are really nice. You really get nice replay from any of the adapters mentioned in this group. They are no slouches at all. If I did not have the IFi and qudelix and btr5 I would be as happy as can be with an adapter and an iem attached. As far as the Qudelix or something like it if there is the same issues as tws.... No.... No those things raise the bar. They will drive pretty much any iem very well.

Jan 23, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #42,209 of 62,139
Did anyone try both AZ60 and Nuratrue? I would be curious how the 2 compare. Not that I'm at the point of buying (yet), but I recall Nuratrue getting lots of traction here a few months ago, but it's kind of been quiet since. I feel AZ60 is getting the most talk here last couple month.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #42,210 of 62,139
Discussions here tend to focus on the newer models. The AZ60 is newer than the Nuratrue so naturally we see more discussions of the former here.

I have the Nuratrue and out of my five TWS in rotation (Sony XM3, UE Fits, Marshall Mode II and Beo E8), I'll probably recommend the Nuratrue to be the best all-rounder TWS.

Just bought the Marshall Montif but the ETA is more than a month away, so in the meantime, I might do a quick reviews of them using the Sony XM3 as the baseline comparison model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back