Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #42,166 of 62,439
And yes yes, FLAC is the best, but it would be insane trying to get all FLAC files. I don't know if Youtube lets you host FLAC, and it would take me ages to upload it anyways. I'm making do with 200kbps+. Basically, the bare minimum I'm okay with is 128kbps, but that's mainly for old songs from 60s/70s/80s that are lacking in recording technology quality already. I prefer 200+ to balance out size/quality.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #42,167 of 62,439
And yes yes, FLAC is the best, but it would be insane trying to get all FLAC files. I don't know if Youtube lets you host FLAC, and it would take me ages to upload it anyways. I'm making do with 200kbps+. Basically, the bare minimum I'm okay with is 128kbps, but that's mainly for old songs from 60s/70s/80s that are lacking in recording technology quality already. I prefer 200+ to balance out size/quality.
Nothing wrong with tht at all. So long as you enjoy it man. From here on out just try to upgrade to flac if you can or burn some cd's. That's mostly how I got my music.

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #42,168 of 62,439
Nothing wrong with tht at all. So long as you enjoy it man. From here on out just try to upgrade to flac if you can or burn some cd's. That's mostly how I got my music.
Truth be told, I have been focusing on hardware side all these years. Not much on the music files themselves. I have been too lazy lol. It's very time-consuming with 1,200 songs when only a third are 320kbps. Trying to get 800 songs up to 320kbps is a nightmare and costly. Might be a process of couple years to do it.

That actually makes me wonder if the difference between say 160kbps and 320kbps would even be noticeable on tws. It's not quite the same as on the sennheiser HD600, which should be easy to notice. No tws out there are on the same universe as the HD600 or even the beyerdyamic DT880.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #42,169 of 62,439
Hi. I am looking to purchase aptx compatible TWS from aliexpress.

Brief requirements are:

Feature: aptx compatible (must)
Budget: 50$ slightly flexible
Sound Signature: Flat (must)
Shape: Small/earbud (Sony XM3 shape.)
Use: Movies, Music (FLAC)

I have currently locked onto Edifier X3S. Is there anything better?

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #42,170 of 62,439
Truth be told, I have been focusing on hardware side all these years. Not much on the music files themselves. I have been too lazy lol. It's very time-consuming with 1,200 songs when only a third are 320kbps. Trying to get 800 songs up to 320kbps is a nightmare and costly. Might be a process of couple years to do it.

That actually makes me wonder if the difference between say 160kbps and 320kbps would even be noticeable on tws. It's not quite the same as on the sennheiser HD600, which should be easy to notice. No tws out there are on the same universe as the HD600 or even the beyerdyamic DT880.
I don't think that is as noticeable as 320 kb to 1000. For out and about listening... Not really. For concentrated listening... Yes there is a difference however it doesn't take away the overall presence of a track. 99% of my music is flac that I slowly acquired.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #42,171 of 62,439
Ya I trust BGGAR as the sound he goes for is very similar to mine. Damn near every set he has rec'd I have felt close to the same about. Mk2 I have not heard, don't have the budget for it at the moment but would love to get my hands on them.
Interesting, I'll have to watch him more. I listened to the mele's for just a bit, interesting sound sig. I like the leas with my eq more, but it's more of an apples to oranges comparison. The meles for 50 are a great buy still, and it's so cool to hear how some of these yt reviewers would tune stuff. I also need to use them more as I haven't even used them for 20 min yet.
It's absolute insanity trying to replace low-quality mp3 files with higher-quality mp3s of 200+ kbps. I noticed a lot of my music has been under 128kbps for ages since I was in school 15yrs ago that I think it's finally time to upgrade it all up a notch. I have to go through 150 songs just to say "Yeah, all my songs are over 128kbps".. It's tiring going song-by-song, 1 at a time. Especially when you have your desktop mp3s, and youtube hosting the mp3s. Have to do it twice.

Been doing it for a while now, I don't know how many songs I have gone through on this Friday night. My hands hurt. The hell you have to go through just to have good quality music is aggravating, and I'm too cheap for spotify.

:deadhorse:
I used to love having a hard copy of my music, but streaming is just too good now. Especially apple music. Then I use yt music for the more obscure stuff. Uploading to yt seems to defeat the purpose because then you can just use yt music.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #42,172 of 62,439
Hi. I am looking to purchase aptx compatible TWS from aliexpress.

Brief requirements are:

Feature: aptx compatible (must)
Budget: 50$ slightly flexible
Sound Signature: Flat (must)
Shape: Small/earbud (Sony XM3 shape.)
Use: Movies, Music (FLAC)

I have currently locked onto Edifier X3S. Is there anything better?
Possibly edifier tws1 pro. I absolutely loved those buds man. Very airy yet tight and well done bass. Titanium Drivers that actually sound as a titanium driver should sound. 12 hrs battery life. One of the more detailed sounding sets. They aren't too big either.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #42,173 of 62,439
Interesting, I'll have to watch him more. I listened to the mele's for just a bit, interesting sound sig. I like the leas with my eq more, but it's more of an apples to oranges comparison. The meles for 50 are a great buy still, and it's so cool to hear how some of these yt reviewers would tune stuff. I also need to use them more as I haven't even used them for 20 min yet.

I used to love having a hard copy of my music, but streaming is just too good now. Especially apple music. Then I use yt music for the more obscure stuff. Uploading to yt seems to defeat the purpose because then you can just use yt music.
I love the Mele’s... I actually just put them on my utws5... Sounds great. To me everything is where it should be on the spectrum. Obviously some do it better but the tonality is close to the Blon 03. More natural like the Blons but slightly imo different. That is another set every person on planet earth should own... The legendary chifi budget champ... The Blon 03.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #42,174 of 62,439
The beautiful thing about this image is that I now know I'm not crazy. Thank you for sharing.
Or maybe you are but it is good to know you are not the only one. :)

Annnd, again, where is the proof that the Victor is tuned any different? Just because people don't know about Victor and to not confuse they brand it JVC in the US but that is just the branding. Where is FR graphs or pictures of them having different screen materials to alter or something. Maybe I missed something? Fill me in.

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #42,175 of 62,439
In my never-ending quest to bankrupt myself looking for the audio perfection for my ears, I am flying through reviews of IEMs (thanks for the fine set of suggestions @Ceeluh7) to pair with my various wireless adapters (see, see! I’m staying on the wireless topic!) and I am now exploring some other options. I read a review here that says my much-loved Ikko OH10s have a nearly identical sound signature to the Ibasso it07s. Of course for the price leap the Ibasso has much more sonic refinement, etc.
I am also wondering about anyone’s experience in the Campfire universe. My current favorites are the Ikko OH10s, so thats a starting point.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. That’s why I hang out here so much!

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #42,176 of 62,439
Annnd, again, where is the proof that the Victor is tuned any different? Just because people don't know about Victor and to not confuse they brand it JVC in the US but that is just the branding. Where is FR graphs or pictures of them having different screen materials to alter or something. Maybe I missed something? Fill me in.
To your point, on the JVC us website they make a point of emphasizing “tuned by Victor; japan’s leading…” in the marketing materials.

Attachments

• A70F05C3-E98E-4B4E-885C-967C3A332C70.png
    A70F05C3-E98E-4B4E-885C-967C3A332C70.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #42,178 of 62,439
But the US versions don’t have Nipper, the RCA dog, on them! That’s what I would be willing to pay for!
I agree there. Not quite the same being just a JVC.

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #42,179 of 62,439

Read between my lines, OF COURSE WE ALL ARE! Ha ha!

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #42,180 of 62,439

Good question if like to know too
In my never-ending quest to bankrupt myself looking for the audio perfection for my ears, I am flying through reviews of IEMs (thanks for the fine set of suggestions @Ceeluh7) to pair with my various wireless adapters (see, see! I’m staying on the wireless topic!) and I am now exploring some other options. I read a review here that says my much-loved Ikko OH10s have a nearly identical sound signature to the Ibasso it07s. Of course for the price leap the Ibasso has much more sonic refinement, etc.
I am also wondering about anyone’s experience in the Campfire universe. My current favorites are the Ikko OH10s, so thats a starting point.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. That’s why I hang out here so much!
Oh you and i both man. Truly there just a huge amount of great iems that way out perform their price point. Ikko oh10 is one of them. The SQ is Incremental from I'd say 300 on up but you are right, there is more refinement to a degree. Maybe look for different driver set ups and styles. Campfire has good high end stuff... Imo their lower tier sets are not good and if you check reviews it'll repeat what I just said. I'm glad you are venturing out man, absolutely glad to help in any way that I can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back