Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #41,176 of 62,546
I'm one of the few on here that didn't like the sound on the AZ60s. I felt they had too much sibilance. I did very much prefer them over the AZ70s. A lot of us on here change TWS buds like we change underwear. Okay, maybe not everyone on here changes their underwear every day, just sayin' :) I'm all WFH here so the multipoint thing is great but never a deal breaker for me.
I was the same. I found them sibilant and there was lack in the bass dept. A fuzziness to bass hits that I thought they'd clean up. Granted they are a great set but I am so picky with sound and it has to be right and for $240.00 I thought they should be perfect. I love alot of features about them though and they look cool as anything, premium looking.

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #41,177 of 62,546
You know me, I'd go for the Moondrop no matter what :wink: Once you get the Aria or the like, you're going to want to the Kato, Blessing or the like. I've had incredible luck with the Blessing 2 and now the Variations.

the OG tin T2 is unique though, and i really like the tuning of the T2 plus. but in all honesty, people really can't go wrong with a moondrop with their usually good tunings . i still keep my OG Kanas (which sounds really similar/almost the same to the KXXS) and their old earbud

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #41,179 of 62,546
I love bass and treb on Az60, i'm just not so happy with midrange. Can someone tell me that B&O EQ or Fokus Pro is better choice? And dose anyone have some information about Sennheiser TW3 ??
That's odd, with a slight tweak to the EQ in the app, the AZ60s midrange was pretty great to my ears. Here's a ss of my EQ. See if that helps. To answer your second question, I much prefer the overall SQ of the B&O EQs. They tend to illicit more emotion to me when listening to several of my playlists. Sub-bass is just sublime and the layering and soundstage puts you right in the middle of all the nuances.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-234845_Technics Audio Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-234845_Technics Audio Connect.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 6, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #41,181 of 62,546
I have AZ60s, XM4s, and Fokus. The Fokus are in a different class all together. The AZs and XM4s both have their bright points. I think the AZs actually have a bit better SQ and sparkle to them over the XM4s in the SQ department. I use the XM4s more than the AZs due to comfort and features I tend to use more (pause to ambient), but a toss up to me really.
Az60 have an ambient option that pauses the music as well

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #41,183 of 62,546
yeah, should have been clearer, but I really like the Sony touch/hold and release to let it rip again. It also fades the music back in when doing it in case it's loud. I do like both a lot though.
I wanted to like the XM4s but the fit was not good for my ears. Hurt as soon as I tried them on and lack of multipoint didn't make sense to me since the overhead has them. Not sure why OEMs omit features that they know would win over clients easily.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #41,184 of 62,546
I wanted to like the XM4s but the fit was not good for my ears. Hurt as soon as I tried them on and lack of multipoint didn't make sense to me since the overhead has them. Not sure why OEMs omit features that they know would win over clients easily.
Yep. Some other folks had mentioned the same on the fit. Guess I got lucky with my dumbo ears :D I pop mine in and out almost as easy as my APPs.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #41,185 of 62,546
Honestly, I'm a WAY bigger fan of the EQs. Loved them. Just didn't like that the volume was low (for me). Very much prefer the sound on the B&O. Sad they're so overpriced :)
Just checked my Amazon account and I’ve bought the EQs three times and returned them three times. I love their sound, something annoys me, I send them back, I miss their sound, I order them again. Eventually Amazon will ban me from ordering them. I’m afraid there are no 12 Steps out of this addiction!

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #41,186 of 62,546
Just checked my Amazon account and I’ve bought the EQs three times and returned them three times. I love their sound, something annoys me, I send them back, I miss their sound, I order them again. Eventually Amazon will ban me from ordering them. I’m afraid there are no 12 Steps out of this addiction!
This sounds like dejavu to me. I would probably buy and keep them if they just free the volume up.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #41,187 of 62,546
For anyone who are looking for TRN BT20s pro and wondering if the new BT30 is an upgrade over the pro, from my experience, it is a yes and no.
Yes in term of newer chip, but the pro connect pretty fast already imho and there is not much different in signal strength tbh.
No in the sound quality department. The BT30 doesn't sound full, it makes all my IEMs (Variations, FHE, Timeless) sound anemic. There is little to no body to the bass. The BT20s pro sounds fuller in comparison and louder too. If you like to kill your bass, then the BT30 maybe the better choice.
For me, better safe the money and get the BT20s pro ($38 vs $76 at AE) or if you want a better bluetooth earhook overall, the Fiio UTWS5 is better in almost every aspects.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #41,188 of 62,546
Oh man, been there too. If they drop in price I’d prob try again. Pathetic fool I am.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #41,189 of 62,546
Jan 7, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #41,190 of 62,546
For anyone who are looking for TRN BT20s pro and wondering if the new BT30 is an upgrade over the pro, from my experience, it is a yes and no.
Yes in term of newer chip, but the pro connect pretty fast already imho and there is not much different in signal strength tbh.
No in the sound quality department. The BT30 doesn't sound full, it makes all my IEMs (Variations, FHE, Timeless) sound anemic. There is little to no body to the bass. The BT20s pro sounds fuller in comparison and louder too. If you like to kill your bass, then the BT30 maybe the better choice.
For me, better safe the money and get the BT20s pro ($38 vs $76 at AE) or if you want a better bluetooth earhook overall, the Fiio UTWS5 is better in almost every aspects.
Awful to hear because I just took a shot and ordered the BT30!

How do I get the UTWS5 to stop randomly trying to connect to my phone when they’re in the case and fully charged? Literally have them boxed up to return because of this issue. Seems many others have the same issue. These are just a few: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiiO/comments/rsnwle/utws_5_keeps_connecting_to_my_phone/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back