Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #41,146 of 62,746
And a 10 mm DD. I put myself on waitlist on warehouse site.

What sound sig are you after. The comet is only a 1 BA. The Aria is nice and balanced... What else are you looking for man
Yeah, what signature? I'm thinking you want bigger bass if you put your self on that wait list for the Honeydew which is a basshead set. Maybe check out that IMR Splash of Gold if you are not anti Bob. They seem to getting excellent impressions.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #41,148 of 62,746
I’m looking at some budget options like the campfire comet and Moondrop aria to get some itches scratched
Want to share that it seems Moondrop does get better as they go up in price. Got the Starfield and Blessing 2s close together. Couldn’t care less if I put the Starfields on ever again , but the Blessing 2s are right in my wheelhouse.

So my winners this week are the Blessing 2, Shozy Form 1.4, Tinhifi T2.

My Fiio FH7 are going to soon be available as open box from Amazon as soon as I can pack them and drop them off.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #41,150 of 62,746
Want to share that it seems Moondrop does get better as they go up in price. Got the Starfield and Blessing 2s close together. Couldn’t care less if I put the Starfields on ever again , but the Blessing 2s are right in my wheelhouse.

So my winners this week are the Blessing 2, Shozy Form 1.4, Tinhifi T2.

My Fiio FH7 are going to soon be available as open box from Amazon as soon as I can pack them and drop them off.
If I had the budget, the blessing would be in my list.
The T2 caught my attention on Drop. Weird, just went up from discounted $35 to $50.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #41,151 of 62,746
This damn group..... I am a part of many groups, on Facebook, Instagram, other blogs.... You will see my face in others.... Lol.... This damn group.... This one has completely changed the way I buy audio. I am sending back two iems (not the tri I3 Pro... Hell no) and 3 tws today to get more funds for new stuff. Do you know I have never really done that to this extent before meeting the characters in this damn group!! Lol.... I'm dying man, countless purchases over the past 8-10 yrs of so many audio devices and I live with what I get....... But..... My love for tws, the most portable audio devices had brought me here... On a whim one day and I heard people who seem to know what they were talking about.... Lol... It's true. I couldn't quit you guys... It was like 25 of me texting back to me and..... This damn group. This Head-Fi tws group of all places. I can't be on all the time as I have to work but bet your ass when I get home I look at the 125 missed texts that I didn't see from all you crazy dudes. I only have so much time most days, like alot of you but lately I feel like I'm missing something if I haven't checked what yall are saying.... Wth!!! I just wanted to share that because it is ridiculous. Seriously, now I am jacked that I will have abt 450 more Amazon dollars soon to splurge on. If I would've done this 10 yrs ago.... My collection would be amazing. It isn't bad at all, I have way more than I'd ever be able to listen to, which isn't always a good thing... At all. Anyways, I thought I'd share that with yall, you prob don't give a damn at all but I think it's hilarious. One last thing, and I mean this, I have my eyes on so many groups and places with audio as the reason and focal point and I will truly say..... The guys in this group are the best I've ever seen when it comes to true wireless.... No joke. So that's something, maybe you guys know of a better place but I haven't seen anything like this group anywhere else. Maybe there is, I'd like to be a part of it for sure but.... Good job fellas. Seriously as far as wireless goes and esp tws.... I know I would not go anywhere before here after I look at reviews on a set. Figured I'd point that out.... Good job fellas who have been here alot longer than I have.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #41,153 of 62,746
Something about the Comet is tempting despite single BA. Maybe because it’s campfires’ version of it. Reviews call it balanced; because ported, strong bass. And $99 for open box.
Aria is just as tempting, just need to add a 2 pin converter.
I want balanced, natural sound. Some sparkle to highs without sibilance and slapping bass when called for.

Edit: I’ll add that the fact that single BA is why I’m hesitating
Ahh gotcha, the Comet isn't bad at all. For a single BA it stretches what you'd think it could do. I don't think it has the musicality of the Aria... Just my opinion. The Aria however isn't a bass canon, it can be good, just not a head banger but like you said it can be when called for. One you may want to look at is the TinHifi T3+. I have it and I like it a bit better than Aria. Or even the KZ ZAS.... I freaking love the ZAS. Good clean and powerful bass without leaving the other areas behind too bad. Anyways, there are too many options and I was just curious man.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #41,155 of 62,746
Ahh gotcha, the Comet isn't bad at all. For a single BA it stretches what you'd think it could do. I don't think it has the musicality of the Aria... Just my opinion. The Aria however isn't a bass canon, it can be good, just not a head banger but like you said it can be when called for. One you may want to look at is the TinHifi T3+. I have it and I like it a bit better than Aria. Or even the KZ ZAS.... I freaking love the ZAS. Good clean and powerful bass without leaving the other areas behind too bad. Anyways, there are too many options and I was just curious man.
You said it, soooo many options once you can turn an IEM into wireless! And I know I’m all over the place. And once you look at the budget version, it’s like “oh, what’s $60 more?” Until it’s $200 more

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #41,156 of 62,746
You said it, soooo many options once you can turn an IEM into wireless! And I know I’m all over the place. And once you look at the budget version, it’s like “oh, what’s $60 more?” Until it’s $200 more
Yep..... Exactly...... Ya know, to be honest jumping up in price doesn't always render a better result either. Truthfully the Iems I have kept are actually considered budget because the higher tier iems just weren't amazingly better. The budget chi-fi market is so full it's almost endless with companies who imo truly can beat giants.... Up to a point. Mostly cable and tip changes but you are right, the next thing down the line is a real problem I've been bit with for so many years. I hope you find something you love man.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #41,157 of 62,746
If I had the budget, the blessing would be in my list.
The T2 caught my attention on Drop. Weird, just went up from discounted $35 to $50.
You know me, I'd go for the Moondrop no matter what :wink: Once you get the Aria or the like, you're going to want to the Kato, Blessing or the like. I've had incredible luck with the Blessing 2 and now the Variations.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #41,158 of 62,746
This damn group..... I am a part of many groups, on Facebook, Instagram, other blogs.... You will see my face in others.... Lol.... This damn group.... This one has completely changed the way I buy audio. I am sending back two iems (not the tri I3 Pro... Hell no) and 3 tws today to get more funds for new stuff. Do you know I have never really done that to this extent before meeting the characters in this damn group!! Lol.... I'm dying man, countless purchases over the past 8-10 yrs of so many audio devices and I live with what I get....... But..... My love for tws, the most portable audio devices had brought me here... On a whim one day and I heard people who seem to know what they were talking about.... Lol... It's true. I couldn't quit you guys... It was like 25 of me texting back to me and..... This damn group. This Head-Fi tws group of all places. I can't be on all the time as I have to work but bet your ass when I get home I look at the 125 missed texts that I didn't see from all you crazy dudes. I only have so much time most days, like alot of you but lately I feel like I'm missing something if I haven't checked what yall are saying.... Wth!!! I just wanted to share that because it is ridiculous. Seriously, now I am jacked that I will have abt 450 more Amazon dollars soon to splurge on. If I would've done this 10 yrs ago.... My collection would be amazing. It isn't bad at all, I have way more than I'd ever be able to listen to, which isn't always a good thing... At all. Anyways, I thought I'd share that with yall, you prob don't give a damn at all but I think it's hilarious. One last thing, and I mean this, I have my eyes on so many groups and places with audio as the reason and focal point and I will truly say..... The guys in this group are the best I've ever seen when it comes to true wireless.... No joke. So that's something, maybe you guys know of a better place but I haven't seen anything like this group anywhere else. Maybe there is, I'd like to be a part of it for sure but.... Good job fellas. Seriously as far as wireless goes and esp tws.... I know I would not go anywhere before here after I look at reviews on a set. Figured I'd point that out.... Good job fellas who have been here alot longer than I have.
You need to get off all those groups! That's a lot of work! The groups not the returns. Returns are like crack.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #41,159 of 62,746
You need to get off all those groups! That's a lot of work! The groups not the returns. Returns are like crack.
I know you know what I'm talking about... Lol. If anyone, I know you do. You are prob correct as well. It seems like work some days but I only give so much in a day to it.... Kids, job, life, I just thought I'd pay some respects to this odd little place on Head-Fi. Lol.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #41,160 of 62,746
I know you know what I'm talking about... Lol. If anyone, I know you do. You are prob correct as well. It seems like work some days but I only give so much in a day to it.... Kids, job, life, I just thought I'd pay some respects to this odd little place on Head-Fi. Lol.
Oh I know. We've moved on to Dinotrux after our outdoor excursion over here. An excursion demanded by mom. Remember how hard it is to get a threenager out of the house when he's watching a show -- ?

You gotta tell us what's leaving the building. It's only fair. I got those UTWS5 headed out. Oddly enough, nothing else. Leaning toward keeping the FH9. They fit the TW2s really really well. Final ZE3000 sound great but they hurt my ears. Sharp edges in the design. Adjustments happening, so we'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back