Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #41,131 of 63,208
It would just be nice to have something semi-discreet with wire/wireless capability. Seems like a lot of IEMs got these odd transformer build appearances to them. Maybe need the space for sound chambers, but doesn't overly appeal to me (yet).
I hear you. The Variations, Blessing 2 and the like are molded like true IEMs. Probably why I gravitate to them, that and the sound. Man, just love it. So, I've had my TW2s on my ears since say, 8am. Not always with music. Mix of music, ambient, Zooms. Variations on them. I just finally charged them when they hit 10% left. Not bad. I bet they would have lasted another 30-45.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #41,132 of 63,208
I hear you. The Variations, Blessing 2 and the like are molded like true IEMs. Probably why I gravitate to them, that and the sound. Man, just love it. So, I've had my TW2s on my ears since say, 8am. Not always with music. Mix of music, ambient, Zooms. Variations on them. I just finally charged them when they hit 10% left. Not bad. I bet they would have lasted another 30-45.
Nice. Great to hear they made it through the conf calls, etc. Another key goal.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #41,133 of 63,208
They say the curiosity killed the cat. :D
Same here though. For years I chased good sound IEMs. Most I spent was around $450 on a set. Then all these indie players up their game and prices and $1000 for IEMs was kind of the new normal for a flagship. I was out of the race for a while due to a new career path and found happiness with my trusty Jabra.
Admittedly I'm quite happy with my current rotation but using the UE900 here and there feels like TWS has still a long way to go but the TW2 adapters sort of help to bridge that gap.
Exactly. The Fokus is what killed me. Tough to put in some of the TWS I have now for listening to music, it's that different. I always have the wireless cans too, so not overly keen to drop thousands on a fancy iem setup. End up chasing the rabbits down their holes :D
SO true. All of this.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #41,134 of 63,208
Nothing big at CES yet, huh?

I searched for any interesting TWS news yesterday and today. Nothing big yet.

JBL announced the following:
-JBL Live Pro 2
-JBL Live Free 2
-JBL Reflect Aero
-JBL Quantum TWS

-Belkin Soundform Immerse Noise Canceling Earbuds

Nothing I'm much interested in so far tbh. JBL is on its way up but doesn't intrigue me much when it comes to pure SQ, Belkin is a brand new player entering TWS market. I want to hear from other established heavy-hitters like Sony, Samsung, potentially Sennheiser, Bose, Jabra, Panasonic/Technics, CA, etc. B&O, B&W, and Apple are big-time too but always sell overpriced things that average person like me can't afford.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #41,135 of 63,208
Exactly. The Fokus is what killed me. Tough to put in some of the TWS I have now for listening to music, it's that different. I always have the wireless cans too, so not overly keen to drop thousands on a fancy iem setup. End up chasing the rabbits down their holes :D
I dunno man, nothing I've heard in wireless (over the ear or not) compares even close to my Solaris. I've heard high end wired over the hear that compares, but for me the isolation of an IEM beats the best full setup I've personally heard. So I'm very interested to see what the TW2 would do with Solaris. But it's another 190 bucks, when I might just want to spend for Fokus or wait for Fokus 2. So we shall see.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #41,136 of 63,208
It would just be nice to have something semi-discreet with wire/wireless capability. Seems like a lot of IEMs got these odd transformer build appearances to them. Maybe need the space for sound chambers, but doesn't overly appeal to me (yet).
I’m looking at some budget options like the campfire comet and Moondrop aria to get some itches scratched

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #41,137 of 63,208

-JBL Live Pro 2
-JBL Live Free 2
-JBL Reflect Aero
-JBL Quantum TWS

Nothing I'm much interested in so far tbh. JBL is on its way up but doesn't intrigue me much when it comes to pure SQ, Belkin is a brand new player entering TWS market. I want to hear from other established heavy-hitters like Sony, Samsung, potentially Sennheiser, Bose, Jabra, Panasonic/Technics, CA, etc. B&O, B&W, and Apple are big-time too but always sell overpriced things that average person like me can't afford.

Thanks for the summary. This is why I don't really get excited for CES.
Re Belkin, they have some cheap TWS. I have known the brand for quite some time now as they make decent products. Had a few of their chargers and office equipment many years ago. I didn't really consider their TWS more than an OEM Chinese products with their brand on it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #41,138 of 63,208

-JBL Live Pro 2
-JBL Live Free 2
-JBL Reflect Aero
-JBL Quantum TWS

For some reason it actually started on the 4th so we got all the info. You missed the Monster with the 2 DNA models and the Jabra Elite 4 Active. Probably best they released the 4 Active later on cause at $120 and with ANC and aptX it is a better deal than the 7 Active.

Annnd, there was a correction about the Monster DNA Fit coming out in days. Seems they got the wrong info and it will be a bit longer but not said when they will come out. So, the first aptX Loseless model is not days away.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #41,139 of 63,208
For some reason it actually started on the 4th so we got all the info. You missed the Monster with the 2 DNA models and the Jabra Elite 4 Active. Probably best they released the 4 Active later on cause at $120 and with ANC and aptX it is a better deal than the 7 Active.

Annnd, there was a correction about the Monster DNA Fit coming out in days. Seems they got the wrong info and it will be a bit longer but not said when they will come out.
Multipoint up to 2 devices, ANC and their Jabra app which is always pretty solid, it's an interesting product. I'm curious how's the sound quality.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #41,140 of 63,208
I’m looking at some budget options like the campfire comet and Moondrop aria to get some itches scratched
My local audio shop recommended the CA Honeydew. Sadly they were out of stock when I checked a while back and no demo unit available at that time.
They said the buds are more comfortable too since it's 3D printed from resin and not metal if I remember correctly.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #41,141 of 63,208
My local audio shop recommended the CA Honeydew. Sadly they were out of stock when I checked a while back and no demo unit available at that time.
They said the buds are more comfortable too since it's 3D printed from resin and not metal if I remember correctly.
And a 10 mm DD. I put myself on waitlist on warehouse site.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #41,142 of 63,208
Multipoint up to 2 devices, ANC and their Jabra app which is always pretty solid, it's an interesting product. I'm curious how's the sound quality.
Early CNET review liked them but still brings up the older models at the cheap prices they are going for. That has been constant for all the new models; saying the older are so cheap now and more premium feeling or whatever that you can go that route instead. The new Jabra generation hasn't gone over as well as they would have hoped. From when the battery life dropped quite a bit and no aptX on the higher models and MP was not gonna happen till a ways after they came out. Jabra while still good is no longer a "heavy hitter" to borrow from bladefd.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #41,143 of 63,208
Hmmm. First real snow tomorrow. 3-5 inches and I wonder how the CKS50 ANC will do at eliminating shoveling noise. :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #41,145 of 63,208
What sound sig are you after. The comet is only a 1 BA. The Aria is nice and balanced... What else are you looking for man
Something about the Comet is tempting despite single BA. Maybe because it’s campfires’ version of it. Reviews call it balanced; because ported, strong bass. And $99 for open box.
Aria is just as tempting, just need to add a 2 pin converter.
I want balanced, natural sound. Some sparkle to highs without sibilance and slapping bass when called for.

Edit: I’ll add that the fact that single BA is why I’m hesitating

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back