Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #41,116 of 63,208
Yeah, I've been following the threads silently :) Have you heard if the 3s have the random connect issues? @Ceeluh7 might know this. Great price, but man, I can't deal with bugs when I'm working and rocking. TW2s are having zero issues right now with the Variations. Volume can't get as loud but for 99% of us out there it's probably way more than enough.
Yes there has always been some issues with the Fiio adapters randomly connecting... I heard it was an issue with the connection points behind your ears, getting gunked up and so cleaning the connection points with alcohol every now and again helps. Idk man, I did have an issue a while back on my utws3 and this solved it but.... Many people have had this issue. Thankfully I have not had an issue on mine with any of this with my 5. I understand the thought of sending back, especially while you have a window to do so man.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #41,117 of 63,208
I'm an Apple guy so I have no experience with those buds, outside of the Galaxy Buds Plus a few years ago. That said, I do know some buds take a sound quality hit when you switch modes.
It's weird cause the quality gets drastically better on ambient mode, I think it has to be the amp drawing more power. I'm really curious how these would sound with a samsung phone for better source along with a great amp. Think the bass would be amazing and tighter, and also I wish they'd eq the upper freq better. Like it's kind of mellow and muted but too trebly at the same time. I also get some weird distortion on some frequencies that is super super subtle, but I'll deal with it for the sound quality and price.

How'd you like the buds+? I didn't know they were that old.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #41,118 of 63,208
It's weird cause the quality gets drastically better on ambient mode, I think it has to be the amp drawing more power. I'm really curious how these would sound with a samsung phone for better source along with a great amp. Think the bass would be amazing and tighter, and also I wish they'd eq the upper freq better. Like it's kind of mellow and muted but too trebly at the same time. I also get some weird distortion on some frequencies that is super super subtle, but I'll deal with it for the sound quality and price.

How'd you like the buds+? I didn't know they were that old.
I'm not going to lie, I didn't like them that much on an iPhone. They were small which was nice, but I kinda stay away from the Galaxy line now.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #41,119 of 63,208
Thanks, I'll wait and research these more. Only $90, I love the price.

So I've noticed something weird with my galaxy bud pros. The sound wasn't that good this morning, but I figured out why. If I turn anc on the sound is slightly better. More depth and bass. If I turn ambient mode on which turns anc off, the sound is the best. Just a touch more bass and depth. It's not as bad as going from the buds+ to the pros, but no anc and ambient off I think it'd be what crinacle would rate a B overall, and with ambient on it's a solid B+. The music is enjoyable to me again. Everything off it's not. Ambient on it's ok this is passable.

I'm using galaxy buds manager on linux as my iphone is too old to support the galaxy pro app. Ambient mode is great to me on the pros, but on the buds+ it's godawful. Everything sounds weird and there is lag. I got dizzy when jogging with them the first time and had to take them off. I was able to get used to it, but it's just not worth risking if you can get the pros for 130-.

Oh the only thing I can think of that's happening is it makes the buds draw more power from the amp which helps the sound? I think I'm really sensitive to differences in quality, like it's a huge jump from what crinacle rates a B to B+. B can be awful but I can love B+. I'm starting to get interested in the monarch mk2 for that s rating, damn!
I use the Buds pro daily at the office... Using them right now man and you are absolutely right... To me a slight boost w anc on. They are great buds with my galaxy note 10+. Crinacle is different man. I don't agree with him very often yet I respect what he has done.... Not throwing shade here but he doesn't always jive with what he thinks sounds good but portrays what sounds good to him as..... Bible. Lol. I still watch his videos, entertaining but he is like the rest of us guys.... He likes what he likes and rates what he likes and that's that. So I use that knowledge filter when I'm listening to him review something. I guess of all the YouTube reviewers the first thing I try to do is get a grasp for what they like... Warm, neutral, bass, highs, etc. or music taste. I guess what I'm saying is.... The galaxy buds pro are nice... No doubt... But I would never ever put them as top tier sound quality, or the Buds Plus. I do still use them daily though and for the features, app, fit, and pretty good SQ.... They are keepers for me.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #41,120 of 63,208
Just got my 1more comfobuds. They're pretty OK.

For music, the old pinnacle p1 still blow these out of the water, and will remain my music buds. With really well matched music, they sound good. Getting more rumbling in deep voices than I'd like, and some sibilence/harshness... But for $70 I think they're doing fine.

I'll be using these for more vocal based content so hopefully the sibilence/bass doesn't bother me. They're kicking butt for phone calls, which was also very important.

I considered going all in on expensive buds, but if I did that... Id rather go wired and upgrade the P1 to something newer.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #41,121 of 63,208
Ah darn, I got the utws3 for like 63 used off amazon. I just cancelled it cause it didn't ship. Sounds like it's better to get the tw2. Just hard to justify spending 230 on it with the aonic 215s. I'd rather spend a little more and get a better iem combo.
I got the TW2 for a good deal for the SE215 Special Edition and thought the same but guess what, they sound really really nice with the SE215 (SE) and to me they are worth it. In the TWS realm the SE215 sound quality is a strong contender as they sound like a wired SE215.

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #41,122 of 63,208
I got the TW2 for a good deal for the SE215 Special Edition and thought the same but guess what, they sound really really nice with the SE215 (SE) and to me they are worth it. In the TWS realm the SE215 sound quality is a strong contender as they sound like a wired SE215.
all this iem talk is killing my curiosity. Got three coming now just to listen and see. :D

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #41,123 of 63,208
all this iem talk is killing my curiosity. Got three coming now just to listen and see. :D
Which ones? I've been putting my Variations to the test all day on the TW2.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #41,124 of 63,208
Which ones? I've been putting my Variations to the test all day on the TW2.
I didn't want to go nuts, so just trying to keep something simple and discreet. In addition to the Aonic 5s, I ordered IE300's and the Drop JVC FDX1's. I really wanted to compare the differences with the different driver configurations vs sound. Quite interesting stuff although my pocket book might think differently.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #41,125 of 63,208
I didn't want to go nuts, so just trying to keep something simple and discreet. In addition to the Aonic 5s, I ordered IE300's and the Drop JVC FDX1's. I really wanted to compare the differences with the different driver configurations vs sound. Quite interesting stuff although my pocket book might think differently.
I'm not sure the Sennies will fit on the Shure TW2 because they use a proprietary connector I THINK. I've always wanted to try the IE300. I had those JVC's from Drop too and I couldn't get a good fit. The Aonic buds will fit like a glove. Sorry, not trying to crap in your oatmeal.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #41,126 of 63,208
I'm not sure the Sennies will fit on the Shure TW2 because they use a proprietary connector I THINK. I had those JVC's from Drop too and I couldn't get a good fit. The Aonic buds will fit like a glove. Sorry, not trying to crap in your oatmeal.
That is what oatmeal is for :D I will let you know for sure on the Sennies tomorrow as I read the same thing. I really want to see the sound profile differences with driver differences, which is my main goal. Exciting.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #41,127 of 63,208
That is what oatmeal is for :D I will let you know for sure on the Sennies tomorrow as I read the same thing. I really want to see the sound profile differences with driver differences, which is my main goal. Exciting.
Yeah, I've had them on my wishlist for ages. Looking forward to hearing what you think. I seem to be gravitating toward IEMs with a DD then few BAs in there. The DD only IEMs haven't done it for me... YET. Although, my eyes are on the Kato and a few others.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #41,128 of 63,208
Yeah, I've had them on my wishlist for ages. Looking forward to hearing what you think. I seem to be gravitating toward IEMs with a DD then few BAs in there. The DD only IEMs haven't done it for me... YET. Although, my eyes are on the Kato and a few others.
It would just be nice to have something semi-discreet with wire/wireless capability. Seems like a lot of IEMs got these odd transformer build appearances to them. Maybe need the space for sound chambers, but doesn't overly appeal to me (yet).

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #41,129 of 63,208
They say the curiosity killed the cat. :D
Same here though. For years I chased good sound IEMs. Most I spent was around $450 on a set. Then all these indie players up their game and prices and $1000 for IEMs was kind of the new normal for a flagship. I was out of the race for a while due to a new career path and found happiness with my trusty Jabra.
Admittedly I'm quite happy with my current rotation but using the UE900 here and there feels like TWS has still a long way to go but the TW2 adapters sort of help to bridge that gap.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #41,130 of 63,208
They say the curiosity killed the cat. :D
Same here though. For years I chased good sound IEMs. Most I spent was around $450 on set. Then all these indie players up their games and price and $1000 for IEMs was kind of the new normal for a flagship. I was out of the race for a while due to a new career path and found happiness with my trusty Jabra.
Admittedly I'm quite happy with my current rotation but using the UE900 here and feels like TWS has still a long way to go but the TW2 sort of help to bridge that gap.
Exactly. The Fokus is what killed me. Tough to put in some of the TWS I have now for listening to music, it's that different. I always have the wireless cans too, so not overly keen to drop thousands on a fancy iem setup. End up chasing the rabbits down their holes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back