Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 21, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #40,441 of 62,305
Lots of nice deals and new models recently. AKG, JBL, Jabra etc. Might I ask what on Penon was interesting enough to purchase? Maybe the GeekFly but those are not good deals as the battery life and features aren't really there. Might as well spend the extra $50 and get the FoKus and get an app and US service and shipping and more battery per charge. Most likely a better fit and much better looking as well.
Geekfly gf10. I have the gf8s and the sound is really amazing. Maybe better than any of my others. The gf8s, MTW2, and Akg n400 are the keepers. So they sent me bgvp after 5 weeks of waiting. This will take months to resolve

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #40,442 of 62,305
Ya, I do have a bunch of c-pin iems and for the price... It's hard not to pick it up
Yes it is probably the best budget bluetooth earhook right now. I am pairing it up with my KATO.

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #40,444 of 62,305
Lying here listening to some jazz and some female vocals on my AZ60.
Sounds so amazing. Rush and full but with great treble.
Really as good as my Moondrop Aria when in LDAC.
They were a steal at about 160$ US
They are spectacular with jazz, especially female vocals. I also enjoyed Sketches in Spain alot with the AZ60.

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #40,448 of 62,305
I have the Sony Xm4, i find them uncomfortable after a short while. Does anyone know if the Technics are more comfortable generally than the sonys?
This might not be worth much but I think it’s difficult for anyone to answer that without having your ears, lol.

Do you have smaller ears?
Where do the Sony XM4s feel uncomfortable in the ear?

Might make it easier for people to give an answer.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #40,449 of 62,305
I have the Sony Xm4, i find them uncomfortable after a short while. Does anyone know if the Technics are more comfortable generally than the sonys?
I have the AZ60 and the Sony WF-C500 which is actually smaller than the WF-1000XM4 but similar round design. The AZ60 fits my ears better. It is not quite as comfortable as the Samsung GBud Pro or the Jabra Elite 3 I have but more comfortable than the Sony, Sennheiser, AZ70.

In terms of comfort only I would go Jabra Elite 3 > Samsung GBud Pro > AZ60 > Sennheiser CX400BT > AZ70 > WF-C500.

So based on that scale the WF-1000XM4 would likely fall after the WF-C500 which actually just gave me a reason to not buy the WF-1000XM4... :)

Btw music wise the AZ60 is the top of the list for me with the GBuds Pro being very close.

For ANC the WF-1000XM4 will be the best but the AZ60 come in a close 2nd in my opinion.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #40,450 of 62,305
I have the AZ60 and the Sony WF-C500 which is actually smaller than the WF-1000XM4 but similar round design. The AZ60 fits my ears better. It is not quite as comfortable as the Samsung GBud Pro or the Jabra Elite 3 I have but more comfortable than the Sony, Sennheiser, AZ70.

In terms of comfort only I would go Jabra Elite 3 > Samsung GBud Pro > AZ60 > Sennheiser CX400BT > AZ70 > WF-C500.

So based on that scale the WF-1000XM4 would likely fall after the WF-C500 which actually just gave me a reason to not buy the WF-1000XM4... :)

Btw music wise the AZ60 is the top of the list for me with the GBuds Pro being very close.

For ANC the WF-1000XM4 will be the best but the AZ60 come in a close 2nd in my opinion.
One additional note, which has been mentioned before a bit back, is that the AZ60s fit further in your ear canal than the XM4s. Feels a bit odd at first and with the wrong tip sizing it can get uncomfortable after a bit. Super secure though.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #40,453 of 62,305
I'm not sure exactly which Technics set you're referring to, but I'm assuming you mean the AZ60, and I don't have that set. I do have the Technics AZ70, the Jabra Elite 85t and I briefly owned the JBL Club Pro, and I found that each of them are more comfortable than the Sony WF-1000XM4 to me.

I did finally find a set of aftermarket tips which made the WF-1000XM4 much more comfortable for me, they are basically Spiral Dot clones that came as stock tips on a wired IEM set I own. So, tip rolling might reveal another type that significantly improves comfort for you. Stock tips and SpinFit CP100 just didn't quite work for me.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #40,454 of 62,305
OK, decided to try a 3rd low price TWS. BB has the Soundcore Life Note 3 on sale for $69, so I thought what the heck. This model is essentially the same as the Life P3 on the Anker site minus wireless charging.

Initial impression is pretty darn good, better than the WF-C500 and Jabra Elite 3 for sound quality and features by a good margin.

For that $69 I got ANC that's almost as good as the AZ60, ambient mode, 7hrs of battery life without ANC and 6 with ANC according to reading.

Sound wise these are not up to my AZ60 based on initial impressions, but I will need to spend more time to fully guage that. But compared to what they are priced at these easily compete and I think beat Jabra and Sony. I find the bass a bit bloated but the EQ easily tweaks it into place.

The Life P3 are actually in sale for the same $69 on Amazon, so a better deal than what I bought at Best Buy. Kinda mad I didn't check first... :frowning2:, I will live without the wireless charging...

Dec 25, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #40,455 of 62,305
I'll try to make this short as possible since I'm sick of researching which could be useless anyway, but I love my shure srh-840s. Never felt the need to upgrade for over 6 years. I'd love a bt bud that sounded similar. I found out about the shures on here back when they came out, and was hoping to be steered in the same direction for bt buds.

I tried powerbeats. Knew right away it wasn't going to work, but messed around with diff tips and eq settings. I returned it. I just got the galaxy buds+ for 45. I can see why the reviews are good and the sound is ok, but I don't love the sound sig. I def feel the need to upgrade. I'll keep them for the price I got them at, transparency mode, and batt life.

What should I be getting? I just found out about bt hooks on here as well as the technics az60s. I'm not sure where the 160 price is at for the az60s? Also I'm a stickler for transparency mode since I need it at work and jogging. I've never felt the need for noise canceling, I actually want the opposite. I don't feel that picky, but this is becoming a struggle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back