Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #40,412 of 62,626
I hate you.... Just kidding, but you know what I mean :D
Damn, these Grells are massive eh?
I friggin LOVE the Grell buds. Seriously. I'm really having good time with them. I bumped up the db and they're just shining for my hard rock tunes. So far, so good.

I'll be listening to music and maybe a move while I put my son to bed tonight using those AT buds.

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #40,413 of 62,626
I friggin LOVE the Grell buds. Seriously. I'm really having good time with them. I bumped up the db and they're just shining for my hard rock tunes. So far, so good.

I'll be listening to music and maybe a move while I put my son to bed tonight using those AT buds.
I must've missed it... What AT buds are those again?

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #40,415 of 62,626
Dec 21, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #40,416 of 62,626
Which one do you love the most ???
Out of those three, the Noble Fokus for sure. They're a powerful set of buds. I have to admit, I'm leaning toward the ATH-CKS50TWs overtaking the Grell. I'm really impressed by the fit, ANC (which blocks out fan noise and TV sounds incredibly well) and the sound. It's a great package for less than what the Grell offers. Spent most of last night listening and comparing. I'll still compare and contrast today to make sure my thoughts do not deceive me.

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #40,418 of 62,626
The CKS50TWs look awesome. I love the case design. I just wish the case supported Qi wireless charging. 😢
Yeah, I do too. That said, the battery life is insane. Maybe that'll help me forget.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #40,419 of 62,626
Yeah, I do too. That said, the battery life is insane. Maybe that'll help me forget.
It has 20 hours playback in a single charge? Holy!!

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #40,420 of 62,626
Dec 21, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #40,421 of 62,626
I think with ANC off, but still... pretty crazy.
As I rarely use ANC in my life, it is pretty impressive. I hope more and more TWS that are coming will have at least 8 hours of battery life in a single charge.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #40,422 of 62,626
The CKS50TWs look awesome. I love the case design. I just wish the case supported Qi wireless charging. 😢
Case is also a rubber feel even though hard plastic and wide mouth big lid so not the skinny tops that I certainly dislike and the flattened sides. they really got the ergonomics right. Big lid but still holds itself open as well. Magnets are strong and most tips work fine unless extra long.

Yep, battery is not something I even think of. Still 15 with ANC. Quick charge as well.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #40,423 of 62,626
Case is also a rubber feel even though hard plastic and wide mouth big lid so not the skinny tops that I certainly dislike and the flattened sides. they really got the ergonomics right. Big lid but still holds itself open as well. Magnets are strong and most tips work fine unless extra long.

Yep, battery is not something I even think of. Still 15 with ANC. Quick charge as well.
15 hours with ANC on is unheard of in TWS world. I could fly the longest flight SFO to Singapore with just a single charge.
How do AT do that with the battery life? Is it bigger than 1more ANC buds?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #40,424 of 62,626
Re: the UTWS5: How reliable and consistent is pairing to different source devices when you reinitiate pairing by holding the multifunction case button for 3s? Does it just connect to the next source device no problem, or is there residual funkiness where the left and right adapters don't connect together, etc.? That was my big pain point with the UTWS3. They were just fine when only used with one device, but fell to pieces IMO if you needed to switch between sources often (e.g., laptop and phone).
I just tried it today switching between my surface book and S21 Ultra. I have to disconnect them from the PC and the utws5 will be in pairing mode and just go to bluetooth setting on my phone and connect to the utws5. It then connect within 1-2 sec after that. Same thing when doing it the other way around. The utws5 needs to be disconnected first in order to connect to a different device.

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #40,425 of 62,626
15 hours with ANC on is unheard of in TWS world. I could fly the longest flight SFO to Singapore with just a single charge.
How do AT do that with the battery life? Is it bigger than 1more ANC buds?
Not sure how big the 1More actually are. AT probably a slight bit bigger but certainly a different shape. Weight is the same though 8g and 7.9g for the buds and the 1More is 79g with the case and the AT is 76g with the case.

I see there is an english manual now...
https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/do.../Content/True-Wireless/ATH-CKS50TW/index.html

I see that they have a 5 minute auto off when disconnected which is good if you want to leave the charging case home. Buuut you need a little pouch or leash for them to make it easier.

Annnnd duh... I complained about her talking too much but I totally never realized I could change from voice to tone.
1640113699117.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back