Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #40,381 of 62,906
Expecting a delivery of 2 pairs of klipsch t5ii sport around x-mas - new year as replacement for r6 neckband ones with issues.
Anyone listend to them and have an opinion?
As I really prefer neckband style I am considering selling/trading them for that style,but having a hard time finding reviews.
Is there a neckband Bluetooth thread here?
Fiio has a good BT neckband too IIRC.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #40,382 of 62,906
Vivo tws 2. Got it as a free gift from my new Vivo phone purchase. Uses a large 12.2mm driver, has ANC, transparency and full controls on buds including swipe to control volume. No wireless charging. Although the specs state they have aptx, I can only use the AAC option. Comfort and mic is good. Sound quality is also very good, without any overemphasis on any frequencies, sound comes as natural and tends to be on the warm side. Could be due to the large drivers which makes it easier to tune. Soundstage is huge. Supports multipoint.

P6HWhJA.jpg

sdo9KnI.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #40,384 of 62,906

I see that you own both the Buds Pro and AZ60. Have you written a comparison between the two? any Idea what Post # it is? or a quick run down? I'm assuming you prefer the AZ60 over the Buds Pro yeah?
The Buds Pro actually are very nice as well. I love their find feature it has literally save me $180 twice. I also like their automatic stop of music when removed from the ear. Their Achilles heel is ANC and isolation which is quite weak. They also have poor tips and require 3rd party tips for me and lots of people. There is also the potential for irritation from the resin used in the plastic.

Sonically speaking they are pretty good from bass to treble fallowing the Harmon curve for the most part.

The AZ60 is slightly less comfortable but has better physical isolation and then excellent ANC on top of that. The big advantage it has on top of ANC is multi-point connectivity. It's tips are all also super high quality.

Sonically speaking the AZ60 has bigger sub-bass and bass presence but it is a softer bass with a bit of bloom. The mids are a bit warmer and the treble is similar.

So go GBuds Pro if you like a sharper more audiophile signature and are not as concerned with ANC.

Go AZ60 if you want good ANC and like a more consumer oriented signature.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #40,385 of 62,906
I don't think any TWS will be going with AptX HD soon as the new AptX adaptive will be the way to go. Sadly tho, there are like ZERO bluetooth USB dongle that has AptX adaptive yet.
I think IFi Go Blu
I have not seen a neckband thread. They have lost their mojo in regards to popularity. Having said that, their are some really good neckband models out their, search for WI-1000 to see the various Sony models, 1More has 1 or 2 models, Sennheiser also has a model or 2.

The other option is the ones not using a horseshoe design, just a cable between the two IEMs . Status Audio has a decent and very affordable model in that vein.
I still have the 1more triple driver with ldac and it sounds much better than most tws... More dynamic throughout. Really a nice set you can get for very cheap anymore

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #40,386 of 62,906
OK been going ng back and forth with the WI-1000X and the AZ60 and I hate to say it but I might have to give the edge to the WI-1000X sonically speaking. They really do sound good. I only stopped using them because I thought the battery was shot. Sure glad I tried them with a different charger. But both products sound awesome so I will continue using the AZ60 during the day and use the WI-1000X at night around the house when the cable won't bother me as much.

Has anyone who has the WF-1000XM4 ever used the WI-1000X or X2 model? If so how do the models compare?

The 1000X is a bit less bassy than the 1000XM3 and definitely has better treble. If that is the same with the 1000XM4 I may just to use what I own until they die and then maybe just get their new version if research shows it is as good sonically speaking. I can live with the horse shoe if it translates to better sound...

Dec 19, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #40,388 of 62,906
I think IFi Go Blu

I still have the 1more triple driver with ldac and it sounds much better than most tws... More dynamic throughout. Really a nice set you can get for very cheap anymore
That is not TWS right? More like Fiio BTR5 or Qudelix?

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #40,390 of 62,906
The Buds Pro actually are very nice as well. I love their find feature it has literally save me $180 twice. I also like their automatic stop of music when removed from the ear. Their Achilles heel is ANC and isolation which is quite weak. They also have poor tips and require 3rd party tips for me and lots of people. There is also the potential for irritation from the resin used in the plastic.

Sonically speaking they are pretty good from bass to treble fallowing the Harmon curve for the most part.

The AZ60 is slightly less comfortable but has better physical isolation and then excellent ANC on top of that. The big advantage it has on top of ANC is multi-point connectivity. It's tips are all also super high quality.

Sonically speaking the AZ60 has bigger sub-bass and bass presence but it is a softer bass with a bit of bloom. The mids are a bit warmer and the treble is similar.

So go GBuds Pro if you like a sharper more audiophile signature and are not as concerned with ANC.

Go AZ60 if you want good ANC and like a more consumer oriented signature.

Awesome, Thank You. I prioritize Tonality & Bass nowadays so How is the Battery Life comparison between the two?

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #40,391 of 62,906
About the same unless you use LDAC on the AZ60 in which case the GBuds Pro are better. Both last around 6-7 hours using AAC.

Dec 20, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #40,392 of 62,906
Ventured out to a major departmental store (have not done so in years thanks to the pandemic) in order to try the Klipsch T5 II. I was intrigued by it because it has consistently reviewed well despite using a small dynamic driver. Prior to this, I have never been impressed by a micro dynamic driver before.

The store didn't have the T5 II ANC, and the salesperson gave me the T5 II sports to try. I gonna say, it sounded much better than my low expectations. I was most impressed with the bass which hit harder and deeper than I expected, but managed to not sound boomy. I was least impressed with the small soundstage, which is probably due to the small driver, and may or maybe not also be caused by the driver being located in the stem.

The only thing that made me a little hesitant to buy it was that the sound signature sounded a little... Off? I normally listen to flat and neutral earphones so the Klipsch could be a little too warm for my liking. Despite that, I can certainly understand its high ratings from online reviews.

The salesperson happened to have the Marshalls Mode II demo set in the same storage box as the Klipsch T5 II, and I happened to read that someone in this thread was looking to get them so why not just try them out since I was there right?

I tried them on with zero expectation and boom, mind blown. I only listened to a couple of songs but I clearly prefer them to the Klipsch T5 II. The bass did not hit as hard, but it reached deeper, and the sound signature was just closer to my preference.

I liked them so much that I just collected a lightly used set from a seller today during lunch time. Looking forward to further listening after work. These will go into my current rotation of Nuratrue, Sony WF-1000XM3 and UE Fits. Might post a summary of all 4 TWS next week.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #40,393 of 62,906
Gotta say I find it somewhat absurd and disappointing that the AKG N400 don’t support multiple devices. Not looking for multipoint, but it would be nice to be able to switch between sources without forgetting device. Has anyone had luck with that?

Also, fwiw, I’m using the Devialet tips and smallest fins. Finding buds more secure and good seal.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #40,394 of 62,906
This is slightly offtopic but i wonder if APTX Lossless, once introduced, will work on older devices. I know that LDAC was introduced into Android without the need for Hardware changes. When Qualcomm announced their next gen chips they also mentioned that these chips will do APTX Lossless so i'm wondering if it will ever come to older smartphones or we have to buy new stuff (meh...). Anyone with some insight into this topic?

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #40,395 of 62,906
Gotta say I find it somewhat absurd and disappointing that the AKG N400 don’t support multiple devices. Not looking for multipoint, but it would be nice to be able to switch between sources without forgetting device. Has anyone had luck with that?

Also, fwiw, I’m using the Devialet tips and smallest fins. Finding buds more secure and good seal.
I'm having zero issues with that. It connects to my MacBook Pro or Pixel 6 is soon as I disconnect one or the other. Because of the auto pairing I had to turn off Bluetooth on my phone the first time I connected to the Mac.

Other good news. I was totally wrong about the sensors. It turns out I was swiping too slow. I think I had Stockholm syndrome from the iffy fingerprint readers on the aforementioned devices and unconsciously thought of the AKG as a fingerprint reader. A simple quick flick works now and, as intended, does not get confused with a tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back