Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #34,891 of 62,777
Thanks a lot! However I tried to find them and I found them on ebay (couldn't find them anywhere else) and the cheapest they go for are 105 dollars or more. Both the Nuarl N6 Pro and the Lypertek Tevi? Where can I find them cheaper? Because otherwise I might have to save up. Also I found out Nuarl N6 are 90 dollars, are they as good as the pros or should I stay away from them?
How about these? Definitely a little more of a bass tilt, but it doesn't crush the staging. Prob the last time they'll be available new...

https://audio46.com/products/sennheiser-cx-400bt-true-wireless

Cliff notes:
  • Eye-level staging with mild depth and fantastic width for a TWS
  • Dry, punchy bass (can be adjusted via EQ to go to head-in-a-subwoofer as well)
  • Mids are the relative stars of the show without being ridiculously in your head
  • Pleasing treble with no apparent spikes
  • NOT a Harman tuning

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #34,892 of 62,777
Well I will consider the Sennheisers as well and I will save up a bit. Would you say they are better for my needs than the n6pro? I mean they are Sennheiser and it looks like the mids and highs are nice but looks like they might be a little bit quieter judging by graphs. What do you think?Or should I just save up and buy the n6pro?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #34,893 of 62,777
Thanks a lot! However I tried to find them and I found them on ebay (couldn't find them anywhere else) and the cheapest they go for are 105 dollars or more. Both the Nuarl N6 Pro and the Lypertek Tevi? Where can I find them cheaper? Because otherwise I might have to save up. Also I found out Nuarl N6 are 90 dollars, are they as good as the pros or should I stay away from them?
If you wait and have access to Amazon Global, the N6 Pro 2 will have a bit nicer look in my opinion, they will have ambient added, and they tout them as the Best Nuarl sound yet seems good for that $160-ish mark. Of course you can't go wrong with the three button controls where you can switch the front and back functions if you want. Ambient will be a double tap of the play button and the controls will be mirrored for single bud use not losing anything.

Of course Amazon Global and they are out on the 16th or wait more till they show up more locally perhaps but that could be end of summer or in the fall sometime or later. Ebay should not be too much longer after the first release but the price would be inflated as they buy and sell for profit so you won't get the normal price of course.

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #34,894 of 62,777
Well I will consider the Sennheisers as well and I will save up a bit. Would you say they are better for my needs than the n6pro? I mean they are Sennheiser and it looks like the mids and highs are nice but looks like they might be a little bit quieter judging by graphs. What do you think?Or should I just save up and buy the n6pro?
I wouldn't say one's better than the other; just different flavors. They need to be turned up a little, but I usually don't listen to anything loud, so my scale is probably way different from most.

As for which to go with? Roll the dice, honestly. Maybe go for the one that gets you more post-sales support?

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #34,895 of 62,777
I think I'm going to get the Creative Outlier Air v2. Seems to tick all boxes for me. 12 hours on a single charge, touch controls, comfort, and very good SQ. Apparently though they're not as bassy as the V1, have some white noise, and the treble can be sibilant. Is this anyone else's experience? I'd have gone for the V1 but for the apparently difficult to activate button controls.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #34,896 of 62,777
I was wondering what you guys think about these comparisons.

It's clear that "his" tws are foregrounded but I don't think he is trying to sell them. In the second video he says they are out of stock but probably he will start his own product line. 80% enthusiast and 20% seller in my opinion.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #34,897 of 62,777
Might be a mistake, but with Amazon return policy I decided to try the Galaxy Buds Pro since I am a Samsung S20 user. Worried about fit but that's why I am buying from Amazon so I can return them. I also will getting the Status Between Pro soon. Might do a small shoot out between the 1000XM3, AZ70, Buds Pro, and Between Pro,will have to see how ambitious I feel.

I can't help but think the GBuds Pro might give me better clarity. But time will tell.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #34,899 of 62,777
Surprised my Huawei freebuds pro don't get more love.
They really sound great!
They keep updating the firmware too. Newest feature is a hearing test which once done allows the listener to adjust the transparency nice to better amplify human voices and also improve vocals on audio say for podcast listening etc.

The features are loaded in them to. Full controls great ANC multipoint works well. Better than the Jabra. Wireless charging and case size are great. They have kept me from paying on this forum for some time with only the PI7 and the XM4 tempting me but both have enough drawbacks that I don't feel the urge to get them at this stage. Happy to wait until BLE becomes the new standard.
Between those my Moondrop Aria and my KBear Ks1 I have all my musical needs and wants covered.

That said I see there is a new Edifier coming out with Hi Res certification and great ANC......

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #34,900 of 62,777
Just received the kz z3 tws today. I am quite please with the sound ( reduce bass a little will be better in my opinion), passive noise cancelation is quite good. This have aptx LL and atpx adaptive codecs. I recommend buying this over the xm4 ( for sound only)
How's the overall volume? All TWS that i tried apart from UTWS3 has soft volume. Even when i max out, it feels too soft

Are the highs piercing? Does the bass muds out other frequencies?

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #34,901 of 62,777
How's the overall volume? All TWS that i tried apart from UTWS3 has soft volume. Even when i max out, it feels too soft

I dont know how to describe the volume, but the overall sound from the mobile is about 20% of the sound from my laptop ( the maximum)
I played some game with it (DS 3, code vein) and the overall performance is great with good amount of soundstage, but you will need to eq the bass down

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #34,902 of 62,777
Surprised my Huawei freebuds pro don't get more love.
They really sound great!
They keep updating the firmware too. Newest feature is a hearing test which once done allows the listener to adjust the transparency nice to better amplify human voices and also improve vocals on audio say for podcast listening etc.

The features are loaded in them to. Full controls great ANC multipoint works well. Better than the Jabra. Wireless charging and case size are great. They have kept me from paying on this forum for some time with only the PI7 and the XM4 tempting me but both have enough drawbacks that I don't feel the urge to get them at this stage. Happy to wait until BLE becomes the new standard.
Between those my Moondrop Aria and my KBear Ks1 I have all my musical needs and wants covered.

That said I see there is a new Edifier coming out with Hi Res certification and great ANC......

does the app has full capabilities when used with other phone beside Huawei? because like the Vivo neo, it stripped down many of the functions like Aptx and controls when using the app on other phones

if you're using android, try to disable absolute volume from the developer options. it would usually sort out the low volume problems

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #34,903 of 62,777
I dont know how to describe the volume, but the overall sound from the mobile is about 20% of the sound from my laptop ( the maximum)
I played some game with it (DS 3, code vein) and the overall performance is great with good amount of soundstage, but you will need to eq the bass down
Can you help me compare the TWS volume with wired one on the same mobile device and volume level? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back