Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 30, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #34,861 of 63,207
So I got the Fiio UTSW3 and hooked them up to my JH Lola’s….i never thought I would hear sound like this wirelessly.

You were right, miserybeforethemusic; they don’t fit in the case with the adapters. But the iBasso didn’t have the volume adjustment which I really wanted for the gym.

Just astonishing sound. Only drawback is that obviously none of my TWS buds compare but that’s not a fair comparison given the difference in price
The not fitting in the case might not be so fun when it comes to charging the TWS. Does the case close enough for them to shut off automatically and begin charging? I guess you can always turn them off yourself and toss them in the case with the lid loose; I don't know if they'll automatically start charging when you do that though (haven't tested that myself).

I really don't touch many of my TWS headphones since getting my TWS adapters. The only one that's really used is the APP which is for phone calls.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #34,862 of 63,207
The new CX True Wireless poses a strong value position from Sennheiser, they might sell enough of that model to make more money than the flagship.

I am still stung from the MTW 1 though so a bit shy on trying Sennheiser again so will wait and see if any build quality issues arise before thinking about trying the new model.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #34,863 of 63,207
The new CX True Wireless poses a strong value position from Senheiser, they might sell enough of that model to make more money than the flagship.

I am still stung from the MTW 1 though so a bit shy on trying Sennheiser again so will wait and see if any build quality issues arise before thinking about trying the new model.
I believe I saw a reference to a CX200 in Flossy's review. Pretty sure Senn already had these in the works before the acquisition.

I think, unless you positively need the latest and greatest, the CX400 might be a better bet. Less points of failure, for sure. If the new tuning is bassier than the CX400's, it's going to be too much.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #34,864 of 63,207
The not fitting in the case might not be so fun when it comes to charging the TWS. Does the case close enough for them to shut off automatically and begin charging? I guess you can always turn them off yourself and toss them in the case with the lid loose; I don't know if they'll automatically start charging when you do that though (haven't tested that myself).

I really don't touch many of my TWS headphones since getting my TWS adapters. The only one that's really used is the APP which is for phone calls.
I used the UTWS3 hooked up to the Oracle the other day for a call. Guess they do a pretty decent job, since I didn't hear any complaints so. 😅

Contemplating on which TWS/IEM I should bring on the plane. None of them have ANC. I'm leaning towards the ER4 because they'll have the best passive isolation. Or I could just go with the trusty Sony WH-1000xm2 which sound great for movies but just decent for music. Decisions decisions.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #34,866 of 63,207
I used the UTWS3 hooked up to the Oracle the other day for a call. Guess they do a pretty decent job, since I didn't hear any complaints so. 😅

Contemplating on which TWS/IEM I should bring on the plane. None of them have ANC. I'm leaning towards the ER4 because they'll have the best passive isolation. Or I could just go with the trusty Sony WH-1000xm2 which sound great for movies but just decent for music. Decisions decisions.
My vote is for the Ety :)

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #34,868 of 63,207
I was wondering if I am an outlier, or others on this thread have similar problems with bluetooth devices as me; I have a few devices that a bit "grabby" at stealing my bluetooth connection if I walk within range of them, my car is one, but I generally want it to do that, so it's by design. But my KZ az09 bluetooth ear hooks often disconnect from the case in my bag and switch on occasionally, and if I walking in and out of range of them they sometimes hijack my connection, if I am listening to another pair. I often have to forget them on my phone, because they are obnoxious in doing that. Am I the only one? Or is this common? It is slightly annoying, but they sound quite good, with my ZS10 pros, or ZSX.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #34,869 of 63,207
I was wondering if I am an outlier, or others on this thread have similar problems with bluetooth devices as me; I have a few devices that a bit "grabby" at stealing my bluetooth connection if I walk within range of them, my car is one, but I generally want it to do that, so it's by design. But my KZ az09 bluetooth ear hooks often disconnect from the case in my bag and switch on occasionally, and if I walking in and out of range of them they sometimes hijack my connection, if I am listening to another pair. I often have to forget them on my phone, because they are obnoxious in doing that. Am I the only one? Or is this common? It is slightly annoying, but they sound quite good, with my ZS10 pros, or ZSX.
Some BT devices do this and are obnoxious about it too. I’m actually not sure why. It’s only a small handful and they’re quite rare.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #34,870 of 63,207

Maybe look at using some adhesive foam or felt between the lid and earpieces for a more stable fit with the lid closed?

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #34,871 of 63,207
Maybe look at using some adhesive foam or felt between the lid and earpieces for a more stable fit with the lid closed?
There actually was some foam packed in with them, but I foolishly binned it.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #34,872 of 63,207
Does the high performance mode work on AAC or is it aptX only?

Yes.
Performance setting is independent from codec or OS

Works on all codecs. What I will say is I can't see any battery advantage to switching to Low Power, so I leave it in High Performance all the time.

Never used “low power”. When I got them, I tried it just to see if it worked. Only if I was stranded on an island somewhere and really wanted an extra hour of music would I compress what is already compressed, otherwise I always want every bit I can get, pun intended. Moreover, if you say there’s no noticeable difference, I’ll make sure to never use it.

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #34,873 of 63,207
So I got the Fiio UTSW3 and hooked them up to my JH Lola’s….i never thought I would hear sound like this wirelessly.

Just astonishing sound. Only drawback is that obviously none of my TWS buds compare but that’s not a fair comparison given the difference in price
My daily wireless driver is now the Moondrop Aria paired with the TRN BT20S Pro adapters. The SQ is staggeringly good but I haven't tried TOTL TWS to be able to make a fair comparison. Is anyone able to compare the Arias with the CA MT - as they seem to be the current TWS SQ kings and are roughly the same price as Aria+BT20S Pro?

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #34,874 of 63,207
JVC took the XC90T and made it into the XC91T...
1625139975698.png

Still 12mm driver and second acoustic chamber with tornado duct inside and the deep bass port. Now they are BT5.2 SBC/AAC/aptX/AptX adaptive and have hybrid ANC with 11 hour battery life(17 hours ANC off). True wireless mirroring, Class 1, and new higher performance LDS antenna. IP55, touch and talk(should auto pause instead of just lowering the volume IMO), and improved mics over the first version. Should still have the bass boost function so they are not just "XX" for the bass crowd only but can give flat or added bass. New case...
1625140701089.png

...that still only gives 1 extra charge so 22 or 34(ANC off) hours with the case. Price seems to stay at around the $200 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back