Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #32,041 of 62,112
N10 Pro already re-imagined into the N10 Plus with 5.2, multipoint, aptX adaptive, gaming mode and other stuff and in new colors. https://nuarl.com/en/n10plus/

Oh yeah $50 cheaper as well. $200 this time round it seems.
I still can't seem to find anywhere to buy the N10 in the USA. I wonder what the difference between the N10 Plus and the N10 Pro are? I love my N6Ps and wouldn't mind grabbing a pair

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #32,042 of 62,112
Ok well seems I may have to move to the iem threads.
Got a taste of the blon bl-01 And now just ordered the moon drop Aria which are supposed to be lime the Stanfield but maybe a bit more low end and Soundstage at lower price.

Will add so bt adapters also at some point and will have an unbelievable sound for under 150$ combined.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #32,043 of 62,112
Ok well seems I may have to move to the iem threads.
Got a taste of the blon bl-01 And now just ordered the moon drop Aria which are supposed to be lime the Stanfield but maybe a bit more low end and Soundstage at lower price.

Will add so bt adapters also at some point and will have an unbelievable sound for under 150$ combined.
Moondrop doesn't necessarily develop down like that. The Aria, to my knowledge, is intended to be an evolution of the Starfield, addressing some design concerns about them in the process (chipping paint, for example). They also parts-share across their line quite a bit and I was somewhat surprised to find out that they utilized KXXS shells on the Starfield as well (ones that apparently didn't meet the polished metal spec for the KXXS).

Think of them as a company that evolves their products more than cheapens them down. Hope you enjoy them and don't feel too bad about taking a TWS break. Just don't go too nuts upgrading now as it's pretty easy to throw money away at this stage.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #32,044 of 62,112
TWS choices...

KEF Mu3 (200€) maybe but would have to listen. I like the descriptions I’ve read

M&D MW08 (300€) the “probable” choice, but expensive

Noble Falcon Pro (330€) have read high praise, but VERY expensive

Grado GT220 (260€) I like the quality. But they definitely lack in “extra features”

Between these and the MT’s I own, what is your take? How do they compare? Are the others much better that they justify their price jump over the MT?

I prefer sound quality, and this trait is definitely the most important, but also like to have extra features, like Ambient/ANC, Qi, decent battery, good secure fit, nice easy controls (if buttons they must be soft or displaced like the M&D). I don’t care much for codecs as I’m on an iPhone (mostly) or an iPad. I listen to most genres on Spotify and Tidal (hi-fi).
It’s my firm belief that any headphone (or speaker) should play well any genre (the meaning of high fidelity) and that EQ should only be corrective if needed. But our ears are free and taste plays a big role.

Should I stay put or risk it? Which ones, any of these or any others?... too many questions. Thanks.
I’d skip the M&D, personally didn’t think much of them. My favorite is the Noble Falcon Pro so far, the Grado’s I kept also, great vocals. Would love to try the KEF’s just can’t find them in stock in the US anywhere.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #32,045 of 62,112
Moondrop doesn't necessarily develop down like that. The Aria, to my knowledge, is intended to be an evolution of the Starfield, addressing some design concerns about them in the process (chipping paint, for example). They also parts-share across their line quite a bit and I was somewhat surprised to find out that they utilized KXXS shells on the Starfield as well (ones that apparently didn't meet the polished metal spec for the KXXS).

Think of them as a company that evolves their products more than cheapens them down. Hope you enjoy them and don't feel too bad about taking a TWS break. Just don't go too nuts upgrading now as it's pretty easy to throw money away at this stage.

I think I'm about done. The money I saved from returning the MT I decided to put towards iems to see what I was missing.

This thread has made me discover my love of music as I have done a lot more listening as I tested out different buds.

Discovered a lot of great new and old music on my journey.

I think right now in The tws space the changes are iterative.
From 4 years ago until now the changes in battery life and sound quality and feature set is enormous.

Last 12 months the changes have really been small. Perhaps biggest change has been that budget models are producing sound that competes with the big boys. Something that seems to have started with iems a few years ago.

As for the Aria. Crinacle and others have said they have essentially same frequency response as starfields but with better sound stage and a but less dominant ant upper mods but maybe a bit warmer low end.
Also have a different and supposedly better cable.
May just get the bts20 for 30 or 40 so they can double as tws.
Based on the raving of the moondrop Stanfield at their price point I think I would need to scale up over 300$ to get a better resolving set and think there would be diminishing returns beyond that point.
Would sooner go cheap and get some different chi fi models that have very different sonic signatures that play better with certain genrws though I think the Aria will be a daily driver when I don't need to go wireless.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #32,047 of 62,112
hi everyone. i'm thinking of buying my first pair of wireless iems. looking for something comfortable and versatile. i've read some good things about the jabra elite 75, are they still worthy? or are there better alternatives for less than 100 dollars?

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #32,048 of 62,112
Based on the raving of the moondrop Stanfield at their price point I think I would need to scale up over 300$ to get a better resolving set and think there would be diminishing returns beyond that point.
This part is what I'm trying to get you to avoid. You can spend years and thousands of dollars chasing something that better amplification will fix. You have two great entry-level pairs and will get far more out of improving the source than you will chasing the speakers. GIGO is a real thing.

It's also why DAPs aren't dead yet. Really hard to beat just plugging your headphones into a well-amped source. Unfortunately, there are no TWS dongles I know of to date that would be capable of giving either pair enough current to be comparable with wired performance, either. Just be prepared for the compromise.
hi everyone. i'm thinking of buying my first pair of wireless iems. looking for something comfortable and versatile. i've read some good things about the jabra elite 75, are they still worthy? or are there better alternatives for less than 100 dollars?
Comes down to what you're looking to get out of them. What sort of versatility are you looking for? I could throw out a blanket recommendation, but want to make sure you're happy with what you end up with. Some answers to these questions will help:
  • What will you primarily be listening to?
  • How much time will be spent on calls vs listening to music?
  • What equipment are you using as a source?
The EA75t are probably my favorite Jabra sound signature, but not for every genre. Bassheads will love it, but you sacrifice a good amount of detail for that fun. That may not matter to you.

I've personally found the Noble Falcon 1 (with a little EQ) to be a better all-rounder if you're genre-agnostic like me.

If call quality dominates all, though, Jabra hands down.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #32,049 of 62,112
Comes down to what you're looking to get out of them. What sort of versatility are you looking for? I could throw out a blanket recommendation, but want to make sure you're happy with what you end up with. Some answers to these questions will help:
The EA75t are probably my favorite Jabra sound signature, but not for every genre. Bassheads will love it, but you sacrifice a good amount of detail for that fun. That may not matter to you.

I've personally found the Noble Falcon 1 (with a little EQ) to be a better all-rounder if you're genre-agnostic like me.

i listen to basically everything but rock/metal. the main usage will be music, calls are really secondary for me, and i'm using my phone as a source. i'm honestly not too picky about the audio quality (i figure anything around 100 dollars should sound decent), and i also value comfort, connectivy and durability a lot.

i looked up the noble falcon but unfortunately can't find them at a good price in my country. thank you for your reply :)

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #32,050 of 62,112
i listen to basically everything but rock/metal. the main usage will be music, calls are really secondary for me, and i'm using my phone as a source. i'm honestly not too picky about the audio quality (i figure anything around 100 dollars should sound decent), and i also value comfort, connectivy and durability a lot.

i looked up the noble falcon but unfortunately can't find them at a good price in my country. thank you for your reply :)
What can you find? Probably best we start there.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #32,051 of 62,112
Soundpeats T2 default to ANC and Transparency off when powered on.
oh that's a shame, though I prefer that to ANC off as default as on the 1More ANC. How long does the case last?

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #32,053 of 62,112
i'm planning on buying them from amazon (spain/italy/germany) so i figure most models should be available
Of what I can think of and what's available to you, I'd probably go with the Jabra, then. Least likelihood of an issue, known quantity, and easy tuning to like. Keep in mind they did add updates to include ANC and HearThrough a while ago, so they're very feature-similar to the EA75t....to the extend I'd recommend them over the 85t unless you needed that semi-open feel or wireless charging. EQ options in-app aren't great, but there's third party options out there to fill in the gaps.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #32,054 of 62,112
I´ve just discovered an absolutely beast bt combo.
Fiio UTWS3+Campfire Audio Dorado 2020

1618782073405.png

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #32,055 of 62,112
This part is what I'm trying to get you to avoid. You can spend years and thousands of dollars chasing something that better amplification will fix. You have two great entry-level pairs and will get far more out of improving the source than you will chasing the speakers. GIGO is a real thing.

It's also why DAPs aren't dead yet. Really hard to beat just plugging your headphones into a well-amped source. Unfortunately, there are no TWS dongles I know of to date that would be capable of giving either pair enough current to be comparable with wired performance, either. Just be prepared for the compromise.

From what I read themoondrops are pretty sensitive and even Amp on phone cam drive them easy so am sure the soundmagic USB dac Amp I have coming should be more than fine for them and the blon bl-01.

I have no intention of going up in price on iem or earbuds. That was my point. I agree with you and would have to more than tried my cost to maybe hear a minuscule improvement in sound.
For now most of my music listening is streamed. I might upgrade to a lossless or HD suncscriptiom with deeper amazon or tidal if a demo of it with these earbuds and the dac Amp with the upsacling that Samsung does via wired headphones makes a difference.

As for tws adapters the fiio ones are amped decentlyand again should easily drive both pairs.
Investing in a Dap right now for me is pointless as I don't have the energy or time to rip my collection into lossless. And not sure my ears will see enough difference from streamed music especially the newer HD streaming options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back