Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 17, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #32,026 of 62,114
My Technics AZ70 have stopped working, sadly. They stopped connecting to my phone, and attempting to re-pair with any device just leads to a "Connection failed" message on the device I'm trying to pair them with. That's not great for a set that I've owned for about 5 months. I still do have my Jabra 85t Elites, which I preferred to the Technics for everything else except for sound, but I did really appreciate how good the AZ70 were in terms of detail retrieval and overall technicalities.
Have u tried a factory reset? I don't own these but it's worked on other TWS when I've run into connection issues.

Check pg. 22 in the manual.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #32,028 of 62,114
Apr 17, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #32,029 of 62,114
So if u want to turn an iem into a tws do you recommend?

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

Approximate priced on aliexpress in Canadian dollars

Think the only one with apt hd is bt20spro.
Not sure difference between bt20 and the s model. Seems to be same.

3 or 4 since they have charging cases. The Fiio can fit a more diverse range of earbuds in its case since the openings for the buds is a bit larger. The BT20S Pro has the added ability of being able to use one BT adapter with multiple connectors since you can purchase adapters separately.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #32,030 of 62,114
Audio46 had an Open Box one for $275 for a while, but looked like someone scooped it up. Don't blame you for wanting to wait it out for the right price. Maybe Noble will do something crazy for Black Friday this year.

I think your suspicions are probably right; with the MTW2, I think the MT is superfluous. Don't get me wrong; it's a really fun and comfortable TWS. I just think it won't be that different than what you already have.. Regarding the MT, i agree. Heres hoping the next release stands out a way that makes them an easy purchase for me next time. Thanks for the heads up on the openBox deal, I'll start keeping an eye out for things like that.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #32,031 of 62,114
So if u want to turn an iem into a tws do you recommend?

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

Approximate priced on aliexpress in Canadian dollars

Think the only one with apt hd is bt20spro.
Not sure difference between bt20 and the s model. Seems to be same.
No.4. more power and darker background.
For me the diff between 20 and 20s was the annoying hiss of the 20s
For now 15$, the BT20 are a great deal.
Does it have aptx? Conflicting things looking at aliexpress.

Bt20 - aac/sbc, lower volume/gain (less hiss with sensitive iem). 5+ hrs. May die due to sweat, no waterproofing.

Bt20s - aptx/aac/sbc, higher volume/gain, but has elevated noise floor/hiss. 6-7+ hrs. Has nano waterproof coating (no ipx given).

Both have very springy ear hooks, as there is a spring steel wire inside.

Bt20s pro - same as bt20s iirc, but has case and interchangeable softer ear hooks.

Utws3 has a separate amp with lower noise floor and more power throughput than all the other TWS adapters afaik.

I've had 2 each of #1 & 2. Skipped 3 and if it had qi charging I would already have #4.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #32,032 of 62,114
Bt20 - aac/sbc, lower volume/gain (less hiss with sensitive iem). 5+ hrs. May die due to sweat, no waterproofing.

Bt20s - aptx/aac/sbc, higher volume/gain, but has elevated noise floor/hiss. 6-7+ hrs. Has nano waterproof coating (no ipx given).

Both have very springy ear hooks, as there is a spring steel wire inside.

Bt20s pro - same as bt20s iirc, but has case and interchangeable softer ear hooks.

Utws3 has a separate amp with lower noise floor and more power throughput than all the other TWS adapters afaik.

I've had 2 each of #1 & 2. Skipped 3 and if it had qi charging I would already have #4.
Thanks. There is also a cheaper fiio any experience with that one?

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #32,035 of 62,114
Anyone else have issue with Wavelet Graphic EQ being not as good as EqualizerAPO Parametric EQ?

Taotronics SoundLiberty 94 sounds so much cleaner with the AutoEQ preset (based on RTings), it also shows how much can be tweaked with EQ. However, with Wavelet there is a distortion at high volumes. It doesn't really clip per se (as on my Anker Q30), but at higher volumes the snare and sibilant sounds have a hard edge to them.

Does SoundPeats T2 remember your ANC setting the next time you power them on? That's one annoyance I have with the SoundLiberty 94. I end up draining the battery quite quickly.

EDIT: Used the 94s for less than 4 hours today. Case battery already depleted. Abysmal.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #32,039 of 62,114
Anyone else have issue with Wavelet Graphic EQ being not as good as EqualizerAPO Parametric EQ?

Taotronics SoundLiberty 94 sounds so much cleaner with the AutoEQ preset (based on RTings), it also shows how much can be tweaked with EQ. However, with Wavelet there is a distortion at high volumes. It doesn't really clip per se (as on my Anker Q30), but at higher volumes the snare and sibilant sounds have a hard edge to them.

Does SoundPeats T2 remember your ANC setting the next time you power them on? That's one annoyance I have with the SoundLiberty 94. I end up draining the battery quite quickly.

EDIT: Used the 94s for less than 4 hours today. Case battery already depleted. Abysmal.
Soundpeats T2 default to ANC and Transparency off when powered on.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #32,040 of 62,114
Hi All, I've been away too long, been allocating my funds for an new OLED and building a new PC.
Saw a review this morning on the MW08's and thought it might be time to buy a few more pairs of TWS'.:L3000:
I've been rocking the APPs, FIIL T1 Pros, Jabra 75t's and my Tevi's for a long while now and was wondering what all of your favorite TWS's at the moment are?
KEF mu3 - no contest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back