Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #31,966 of 62,443
Looks like a complete reboot for the Echo Buds. DD rather than BA and they've dropped the Bose ANR for "their own" ANC.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo...ld=1&keywords=echo+buds&qid=1618493876&sr=8-1

I just pulled the trigger on these too. I loved the SQ of the original and the ANC, but the fit wasn't great for me and the touch controls were buggy as hell.
Same here. Though I never owned the originals. Time to call my shrink!

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #31,967 of 62,443
For live/acoustic? Technics AZ70W. For more of an all-rounder? Noble Falcon Pro. Considering what you already have in your stable, I think those two options will provide the most different pair.

With the APP, you don't really need ANC/hearthrough in something else unless you're legitimately looking to replace the APPs. Nobody else's implementations have come close to Apple's in effectivity for me and that's coming from an Android guy. I don't even like that ecosystem.

With the Fiil/Lypertek, you already have relatively similar sound signatures when compared against each other. The Jabras are your bassy pair. I think one of the other two would round out the collection nicely.

And you're probably going to get some recommendations from others for the KEF, Grado, and Devialet. I've heard of enough people returning their Grados because their feature set was too sparse for the price. Devialet may have managed to fix their issues with a firmware update, but the jury is still out for some people. And I have a love/hate relationship with Sennheiser, to the extent that I'll just say I don't think the sound signature is going to different enough from the Fiil and Jabra to warrant staying there.

Wildcard recommendation? Get the HiBy R3 and some SpinFits because those stock tips are awful and the sound signature is diverse enough to be effectively a lot of different sound signatures rolled up into one product. While I'm not the biggest fan of HiBy's Blue software (what you use to interface with the buds), it's worked consistently well and that can't be overlooked. Of course, I'm also semi-selfishly recommending these so I can have someone to talk about them with :ksc75smile:

Bud, you should look at my bank statements for the past couple months...
I appreciate the feedback, man. Had the Technics when they launched, couldn't justify the sound quality for the price. I have the L2p's and the XM3's but they are both too bulky for my liking. I'll have to look in to the Gemini's and the Falcon's.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #31,968 of 62,443
Lost my Earfun Free Pro case so now I'm back to using Galaxy Buds+ and TaoTronics. Buds+ are terrible at retaining battery life when not used. After about 2 weeks of not charging the case and buds are depleted, and the earbuds will only trickle-charge when you re-mount them. Earfun told me they don't sell the case on its own, unfortunately.

Are "bad run" SoundPeats T2 still being sold? I see it on Amazon.ca but am reluctant to buy it after seeing comments about clipping distortion when ANC is used, and the fact that SoundPeats is attributing it to a bad run of units but appears to be still selling them.

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #31,971 of 62,443
I'm sure this has been covered, but can anyone tell me the diff. between the regular and OLUV tuned version of the Earfun Free Pro? I have the FIIL T1pro and don't own an android device which means I'm pretty much stuck w/o the ability to EQ them or use the app with them. Wondering if grabbing the EFP's would be worth it?

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #31,972 of 62,443
I'm sure this has been covered, but can anyone tell me the diff. between the regular and OLUV tuned version of the Earfun Free Pro? I have the FIIL T1pro and don't own an android device which means I'm pretty much stuck w/o the ability to EQ them or use the app with them. Wondering if grabbing the EFP's would be worth it?
Why don't you bring your buds to a friend with android phone install the fiil app. Make the modifications and then you no longer need the app.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #31,977 of 62,443
N10 Pro already re-imagined into the N10 Plus with 5.2, multipoint, aptX adaptive, gaming mode and other stuff and in new colors. https://nuarl.com/en/n10plus/

Oh yeah $50 cheaper as well. $200 this time round it seems.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #31,978 of 62,443
N10 Pro already re-imagined into the N10 Plus with 5.2, multipoint, aptX adaptive, gaming mode and other stuff and in new colors. https://nuarl.com/en/n10plus/
Sounds like the next flavor a lot of people are going to be trying out. I was already curious about the sound signature hahaha.

I'm just over here hell-bent on making aptX Adaptive work on the NFP without having that issue with distortion. Something tells me it might be related to the signal, so I'm going to mess with the in-app preamp controls. Maybe a dB or two down is all I'm going to need...

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #31,980 of 62,443
Not to be picky but!

“Equipped with NUARL acoustic technology

N10 Plus adopted original PTT multilayer diaphragm assembly with φ10.0mm dynamic type full range driver forming “NUARL DRIVER”[N10]v3, combining analog and digital tuning by storing the earbud module in a metal housing. Also, adopted the patented technology HDSS® which can prevent the in-head positioning problem that is common in inner type earbud and reproduce natural sound spread for the entire frequency band.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back