Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #31,981 of 62,573
That battery life looks pretty crappy if you use ANC with aptx. 3.5hrs. Without anc on, it's only 5hrs. Same as n10 pro. You would think they would be able to improve that battery life a bit in revision version. Good to see them drop the price on it down to $200 though.

I would wait for the Sony wf-1000xm4 to see what their specs are. Announcement should be just around the corner.

I'm personally waiting until the other companies. For this generation, I'm probably keeping with the MT. Cambridge audio firmware update is imminent from what the customer support said. I like that they are continuously fixing issues. Hopefully this one fixes the volume issue I have or I will have to rma.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #31,982 of 62,573
I've went back and forth on whether or not to buy the MT.
From an SQ perspective, are they technically capable of hanging with or providing better SQ than the MTW2, Technics AZ70?
Or what models in your opinion are they comparable to?

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #31,983 of 62,573
I still think the codec is in beta form, though. Bandwidth seems very dependent on factors the user can't always control and the type of artifacting it produces when things do go south are unpleasant, to say the least...
Totally sums up my experience with APTX Adaptive. IMO APTX HD is way more stable and products tend to sound much better with it than via APTX Adaptive. One example, I traded for a Drop panda and while it's pretty overrated IMO, it does sound quite good over APTX HD vs APTX Adaptive. I just wish LDAC at 990 KBPS was stable. it really shines with the Aonic 50 and Drop Panda.
Back on track, I won't be buying a TWE just because it has APTX ADaptive. Maybe in a generation or 2.

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #31,984 of 62,573
I just pulled the trigger on these too. I loved the SQ of the original and the ANC, but the fit wasn't great for me and the touch controls were buggy as hell.
Do you have a shipping date ? They're showing as "out of stock" on amazon right now.

I like that the v1 are on the larger side as I could "tuck" them in my (larger ?) ears perfectly unlike most TWS that tend to pop out, the worse being the Sony's of course. The new ones may be 21% "smaller" but the also seem "thicker", a bit like the Panasonic ANC TWS and that didn't work too well for my ears either.
Never had a problem with the touch controls apart from the limited combinations available.
And the final "bad" news is that they mention a "vent for less pressure" so that's probably going to me less passive isolation, where the v1s were pretty much "king" and with the ANR it was the best isolating combo in the game. That "vent" that Apple claim to have doesn't really help with the dreaded "runner's thud" either in my experience.

Anyway, I'll be interested in reading feedback on these !

Big fa
Looks like a complete reboot for the Echo Buds. DD rather than BA and they've dropped the Bose ANR for "their own" ANC.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo...ld=1&keywords=echo+buds&qid=1618493876&sr=8-1
Not sure about DD vs BA, the SQ was really good on the v1 but it seems I'm BA biased as I also love the SQ of the L2Ps...

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #31,986 of 62,573
I've went back and forth on whether or not to buy the MT.
From an SQ perspective, are they technically capable of hanging with or providing better SQ than the MTW2, Technics AZ70?
Or what models in your opinion are they comparable to?
MT, to my ears, sits closer to the M&Ds in tonality, though nowhere near as dark. Between the two you mentioned, they're tonally closest to the Sennheiser.

Regarding technicalities, I don't put them up with either. Harsh reality, but the MT is musical and not technical. If you want something that's really good with spatial cues, I think the Technics and NFP have impressed me most. Even the WH3 has its moments. Need more in the low end? Go with the Senn, but you're going to sacrifice some spatial cues for it.

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #31,987 of 62,573
I prefer the MT sound to either of those.
MT, to my ears, sits closer to the M&Ds in tonality, though nowhere near as dark. Between the two you mentioned, they're tonally closest to the Sennheiser.

Regarding technicalities, I don't put them up with either. Harsh reality, but the MT is musical and not technical. If you want something that's really good with spatial cues, I think the Technics and NFP have impressed me most. Even the WH3 has its moments. Need more in the low end? Go with the Senn, but you're going to sacrifice some spatial cues for it.
alright, I feel like these 2 posts kind of feed in to one another based on impressions i've gathered from multiple posts from both of you. Sounds like my suspicions about how the MT might sound aren't far off. If I didn't already have the MTW2 and MTW, though the latter is inching towards death's door unfortunately, i'd probably pick these up. i'll wait for the NFP's to drop below $300. I won't spend more than $300 on a TWE. I know, it's only $30, but i've gotta draw a line somewhere lol.
Thanks for your replies.

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #31,988 of 62,573
alright, I feel like these 2 posts kind of feed in to one another based on impressions i've gathered from multiple posts from both of you. Sounds like my suspicions about how the MT might sound aren't far off. If I didn't already have the MTW2 and MTW, though the latter is inching towards death's door unfortunately, i'd probably pick these up. i'll wait for the NFP's to drop below $300. I won't spend more than $300 on a TWE. I know, it's only $30, but i've gotta draw a line somewhere lol.
Thanks for your replies.
Audio46 had an Open Box one for $275 for a while, but looked like someone scooped it up. Don't blame you for wanting to wait it out for the right price. Maybe Noble will do something crazy for Black Friday this year.

I think your suspicions are probably right; with the MTW2, I think the MT is superfluous. Don't get me wrong; it's a really fun and comfortable TWS. I just think it won't be that different than what you already have.

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #31,989 of 62,573
That battery life looks pretty crappy if you use ANC with aptx. 3.5hrs. Without anc on, it's only 5hrs. Same as n10 pro. You would think they would be able to improve that battery life a bit in revision version. Good to see them drop the price on it down to $200 though.

I would wait for the Sony wf-1000xm4 to see what their specs are. Announcement should be just around the corner.

I'm personally waiting until the other companies. For this generation, I'm probably keeping with the MT. Cambridge audio firmware update is imminent from what the customer support said. I like that they are continuously fixing issues. Hopefully this one fixes the volume issue I have or I will have to rma.

Quick revision and don't think they were gonna do too much. Last one before the X77 or whatever it will be called and the Plus and Pro will be obsolete. I know I want them putting the time into the new one instead of doing more of a rework of the N10 Pro. :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #31,990 of 62,573
Audio46 had an Open Box one for $275 for a while, but looked like someone scooped it up. Don't blame you for wanting to wait it out for the right price. Maybe Noble will do something crazy for Black Friday this year.

I think your suspicions are probably right; with the MTW2, I think the MT is superfluous. Don't get me wrong; it's a really fun and comfortable TWS. I just think it won't be that different than what you already have.
Preferred the MT sonically to MTW2. Better Bass less veiled low mods equalizer actually made relevant changes to the frequency response.
Some songs I found the mtw2 sounded great and others poor.
Not so with Melomania

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #31,991 of 62,573
Well I just wanna head and did it in bought my 1st in ear monitor in over 20 years.

Blon bl-01. Dirt cheap at about 25$.
With no burn in and an under amped tablet because I am awaiting my USB C dac amp, all I can say is wow!

So these with no tip rolling yet no EQ etc. sound better than any tws I have heard.

Bass is no deeper than others but better texture and faster without muffling the mids.

Vocals are clear Treble is extended and maybe not most detailed compared to other iems but more than most if not all tws.

If there is one tiny criticism is sometimes the lower treble can get a tiny bit hot but not fatiguing.

Imagine with better dac Amp and burn in these will sound even better.

So I can say definitively we are not quite there yet for TWS is a 25$ but beats out 300$ buds in sound quality.

I think once bluetooth LE allows higher bit rate data transmission we will get there because the drivers are not the limitation.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #31,992 of 62,573
Thanks for your replies.

I have the MTW2 and had the MT's. Sound-wise, they are amazing. They went toe to toe with the MTW2, with a slightly different signature that I kind of preferred, although it was on the more musical side vs technical side for sure, and they did play at a higher volume, so I found myself reaching for them more and more. However, they have some idiosyncrasies with glitches that made me return them. However if they get a hardware revision to fix those issues and/or come out with a successor, I will be buying them again. I miss the MT sound for sure.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #31,993 of 62,573
Well I just wanna head and did it in bought my 1st in ear monitor in over 20 years.

Blon bl-01. Dirt cheap at about 25$.
With no burn in and an under amped tablet because I am awaiting my USB C dac amp, all I can say is wow!

So these with no tip rolling yet no EQ etc. sound better than any tws I have heard.

Bass is no deeper than others but better texture and faster without muffling the mids.

Vocals are clear Treble is extended and maybe not most detailed compared to other iems but more than most if not all tws.

If there is one tiny criticism is sometimes the lower treble can get a tiny bit hot but not fatiguing.

Imagine with better dac Amp and burn in these will sound even better.

So I can say definitively we are not quite there yet for TWS is a 25$ but beats out 300$ buds in sound quality.

I think once bluetooth LE allows higher bit rate data transmission we will get there because the drivers are not the limitation.
Awesome, glad they showed up!

The problem is you now have a basis for comparison as far as convenience is concerned. The first few times you choose to get up with a wired pair are going to feel a little awkward. Seems like such a minor thing, but it creeps up on you.

That being said, I do not take for granted how nice it is to put my phone down and just move around the house when I'm listening to music and not have to worry about cable management.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #31,994 of 62,573
How would you guys rank (only by sound ) the tws sets You have heard !? Which is the best sounding ?

1. technics az70w
2. sennheiser mtw2
3. Apple air pods pro
4. TRN T300
Ones I’ve heard:
1. Noble Falcon Pro
2. Grado GT220
3. Sennheiser mtw2

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #31,995 of 62,573
Ones I’ve heard:
1. Noble Falcon Pro
2. Grado GT220
3. Sennheiser mtw2
Listening notes on the Grado? Just curious since their cans are always so polarizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back