Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #31,306 of 62,297
I actually put my SpinFit 360's on immediately, not the stock tips. I have Sednafit Xelastec tips at home & quickly put them on, but with such a short nozzle, I feel they'll get stuck in my ear when removing the headphone.

Also, using an iPhone.. so unless you know of any system wide EQ apps, I'm stuck with the Jabra app.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #31,307 of 62,297
I actually put my SpinFit 360's on immediately, not the stock tips. I have Sednafit Xelastec tips at home & quickly put them on, but with such a short nozzle, I feel they'll get stuck in my ear when removing the headphone.

Also, using an iPhone.. so unless you know of any system wide EQ apps, I'm stuck with the Jabra app.
In that case, I assume it's a 5-band? Try dipping the 2nd and 3rd sliders to your taste. Only thing I thought they really needed was some taming in the midbass-midrange transition.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #31,308 of 62,297
Full disclosure: that's been me and the Noble X this week after I found out just how darn well they play out of the phone with one of those ddhifi dongles...man, those things are tiny.

But they're going to have to sit tight again for a while...
IMG_20210329_150808__01.jpg
Round 2 with the NFP is about to begin! Noble gets all my praise on how they handled this one. No specifics required; I just wish it went like that every time something didn't go quite right. Makes sense why Jim's fans are so loyal.
Photos of unboxed, sealed TWS makes me add them to my cart. You're awful. Finger is hovering...

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #31,309 of 62,297
Now, that being said, my listening notes from this evening are nothing short of great.

• Zero flex
  • Insertion and removal is a breeze, even single-handed
  • Equally enjoyable at low or high volumes (and can get blisteringly loud, if desired...60% is already pushing it)
  • Extremely well-isolating
  • About as comfortable and "disappearing" in the ear as the UEs
  • Seems to have handled every genre I've thrown at it
Perhaps there was something in significant need of repair with pair 1, but these make up for it in spades. I'm floored, guys.

@erockg what hat should I eat?
Kogi BBQ? Oops, they're closed on Mondays.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #31,310 of 62,297
Kogi BBQ? Oops, they're closed on Mondays.
If I didn't just load up on a whole bunch of tacos, I would have gladly gone for KBBQ. Awesome gogi place not too far from here.

Man, these are good. They're like fun UEs.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #31,311 of 62,297
Had to involve some pandemic-related delays I'd imagine as certain Danish retailers listed info about them already last year.

Latest info I saw somewhere on the net was PI7 in April and PI5 in May - if that is the case then comms should come sooner rather than later.

Good question :beyersmile: have not heard the Gemini's but can't say I am a fan of the design
Unfortunately two dealers in the USA stated the P17 has been removed from their order list but P15 should be out within the next month and they are taking preorders.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #31,312 of 62,297
I still think the codec is in beta form, though. Bandwidth seems very dependent on factors the user can't always control and the type of artifacting it produces when things do go south are unpleasant, to say the least.

For now, they work. If someone wants to go for the Falcon 2 in the $150-ish bracket, I won't tell them no. Both the Noble X and Falcon Pro are exceptionally-well-tuned, but not each tuning is going to sit well with a universal group of listeners. From someone who used to think they just completely wasted their money on the X and finally "got" them for a chance (they're a pair of IEMs that are supposed to play everything well, but nothing exceptionally well), I'd say the juice is worth the squeeze.

If I choose to run EQ, it's usually done via an Android app called Neutralizer. I'd suggest giving that (or Wavelet, a free analogue) a chance first. My profile ended up looking like this:

If you're willing to "invest" in the Final Audio TWS tips, that might help with some of the bloom as well. I've heard the Sednafit XELASTEC tend to work really well, too, but I can't vouch for their ability to stay on the nozzle.

Wavelet actually has an auto EQ profile for 75t and active 75t.
It cuts way too much bass though.
So I used the equalizer from the wavelet app and sort of copied the profile but with a bit more bass and treble as the auto EQ dropped like 10db at each end.
Actually sounds very good now though not up with the MT or my FBP but better than I can get it with the built in 5 band EQ.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #31,313 of 62,297
Now, that being said, my listening notes from this evening are nothing short of great.

• Zero flex
  • Insertion and removal is a breeze, even single-handed
  • Equally enjoyable at low or high volumes (and can get blisteringly loud, if desired...60% is already pushing it)
  • Extremely well-isolating
  • About as comfortable and "disappearing" in the ear as the UEs
  • Seems to have handled every genre I've thrown at it
Perhaps there was something in significant need of repair with pair 1, but these make up for it in spades. I'm floored, guys.

@erockg what hat should I eat?
For $330, I would hope it has all that and more! :p

$330 is probably too much for the average consumer (like yours truly) though unfortunately. I looked at them a few months back, but as soon as I saw the price tag, I knew I wouldn't be buying them. Another thing that pushed me away was having to pay return shipping and a restocking fee. And of course, it wasn't being sold on Amazon, probably for this reason. Noble would not be able to charge a restocking fee through Amazon, would lose some margin to Amazon, and be at the mercy of Amazon's policies.

They do look nice though! I really wanted to try the older Falcon 2 tbh - they probably can hold their own against the MT. Falcon 2 wasn't sold on Amazon either so I skipped over Falcon altogether. Had I not liked Falcon 2, I would have pretty much dumped $30 to return (return shipping + restocking fee), which would be 1/5 of the total value of the Falcon 2. Just wasn't worth the risks to me.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #31,314 of 62,297
I still think the codec is in beta form, though. Bandwidth seems very dependent on factors the user can't always control and the type of artifacting it produces when things do go south are unpleasant, to say the least.

For now, they work. If someone wants to go for the Falcon 2 in the $150-ish bracket, I won't tell them no. Both the Noble X and Falcon Pro are exceptionally-well-tuned, but not each tuning is going to sit well with a universal group of listeners. From someone who used to think they just completely wasted their money on the X and finally "got" them for a chance (they're a pair of IEMs that are supposed to play everything well, but nothing exceptionally well), I'd say the juice is worth the squeeze.

If I choose to run EQ, it's usually done via an Android app called Neutralizer. I'd suggest giving that (or Wavelet, a free analogue) a chance first. My profile ended up looking like this:

If you're willing to "invest" in the Final Audio TWS tips, that might help with some of the bloom as well. I've heard the Sednafit XELASTEC tend to work really well, too, but I can't vouch for their ability to stay on the nozzle.

Also looking at your neutralizer I think either of understand it wrong but your profile looks like the opposite of the wavelet auto EQ. You have boosted the bass and treble and lowers the mids which seems the opposite of what the buds need as the treble is too peaky and bass to much with mids recessed.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #31,315 of 62,297

$330 is probably too much for the average consumer (like yours truly) though unfortunately. I looked at them a few months back, but as soon as I saw the price tag, I knew I wouldn't be buying them. Another thing that pushed me away was having to pay return shipping and a restocking fee. And of course, it wasn't being sold on Amazon, probably for this reason. Noble would not be able to charge a restocking fee through Amazon, would lose some margin to Amazon, and be at the mercy of Amazon's policies.

They do look nice though! I really wanted to try the older Falcon 2 tbh - they probably can hold their own against the MT. Falcon 2 wasn't sold on Amazon either so I skipped over Falcon altogether. Had I not liked Falcon 2, I would have pretty much dumped $30 to return (return shipping + restocking fee), which would be 1/5 of the total value of the Falcon 2. Just wasn't worth the risks to me.
Oh don't get me wrong; they're not cheap, but I'd feel much more confident now in telling someone that only wants to buy once, cry once that these are well worth it.

Of course they're not perfect, but they're comfortable enough to have just gone through a 4-hour marathon of just about any genre I could think to throw at it. Having that combo of seemingly endless sub-bass that somehow manages to stay controlled along with the ample treble extension to ensure metallic noises don't lose their realism, things get really addicting. It's one of the reasons I'll probably snag the Falcon 1 and maybe even the 2, anyway; would be great to compare what you get with each jump up the price ladder. I realize not everybody has disposable funds like this, especially given the current climate; please don't take my gushing as a requirement that anybody has to spend this much; I'm just taking a bunch of risks.
Also looking at your neutralizer I think either of understand it wrong but your profile looks like the opposite of the wavelet auto EQ. You have boosted the bass and treble and lowers the mids which seems the opposite of what the buds need as the treble is too peaky and bass to much with mids recessed.
I haven't read up on the methodology in a while, but the graph basically plots an inverse relationship with the adjustments it makes. There's some other auto-gain voodoo that happens in the background as well, but it's really not representative to the adjustments being made. For example, I've made some dips down to 4% that look completely level with neighboring adjustments that were only brought down to 30%.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #31,316 of 62,297
Now I know where Nuarl gets it’s accurate timbres especially on the mids and on the trebles, one of the reasons is their tips. Right now I’m using their Block Ear+ on my XM3 and the sound is solid, no more digital grainy trebles :D

Mar 30, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #31,317 of 62,297
Was looking for a budget bluetooth earbud and found Jays T Four.
My budget is $30-40 and I would be using it for phone calls, podcasts, netflix and may be a little gaming (PC gaming).

So, is it good?

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #31,318 of 62,297
I have just received the VIVO TWS, and I have to say that I would never imagine that an open TWS could sound so great...
Obviously they are not at the level of MT for obvious physical reasons, but for me it is impossible to wear a closed ones.
So I'm more than happy! and for 60USD!
And I'm not even using the aptx adaptive as my mobile doesn't support it...

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/audio/revi...eless-earphones-review-price-in-india-2288149

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #31,319 of 62,297

I’d have to agree the Falcon Pro’s are definitely a step ahead in sound quality to any of the other TWS’s I’ve tried. They play well with pretty much most music, have great bass when called for and nice separation and details. They also take EQ very well through their app with an 10 way EQ with losing details or becoming muddy. The Falcon Pro is the first TWS I’m willing to use, still far from my 64 Audio customs or an Odin or Mest but definitely seems more equivalent to a $200 plus wired IEM, since it is a hybrid 3 way 3 driver that has cohesive crossovers.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #31,320 of 62,297
Received my Fiil T1 Pro's yesterday from AliExpress (which was hella fast considering I ordered them March 8). I really dig the sound, ever so much more than the Earfun Free Pro. I knew going in that to unlock all the goodies of this set I'd need the Chinese app. What I didn't know was 1) that I couldn't do ANYTHING save play/pause without the app; and 2) that the app is sort of a pain in the ass to get on iOS.

I could wait and hope Fiil update the global app, but I think these are going on the auction block. I like them quite a bit: they sound great, fit great, wireless charging, etc., but I'd rather recoup some of the $70, as I'm more likely to keep using the Jabra 75t's as my daily driver.
Find an old android phone, install the Chinese app in it, configure the app to suit your needs, and get rid of phone. The buds will keep the advanced settings even when using them with IOS (I did that with the FIIL Lite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back