Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #31,321 of 62,605
+1 for Falcons Pro. I extensively enjoying my pair for over a month now. Agree with everything mentioned above. No other TWS can give me this pleasure to enjoying my music. Today I am getting the Audeze's Euclid wired IEMs. I know, it's suppose to be no compression between them and Falcons Pros, but still very curious how close the Falcons can get to Audeze's sound wise.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #31,323 of 62,605
For $330, I would hope it has all that and more! :p

$330 is probably too much for the average consumer (like yours truly) though unfortunately. I looked at them a few months back, but as soon as I saw the price tag, I knew I wouldn't be buying them. Another thing that pushed me away was having to pay return shipping and a restocking fee. And of course, it wasn't being sold on Amazon, probably for this reason. Noble would not be able to charge a restocking fee through Amazon, would lose some margin to Amazon, and be at the mercy of Amazon's policies.

They do look nice though! I really wanted to try the older Falcon 2 tbh - they probably can hold their own against the MT. Falcon 2 wasn't sold on Amazon either so I skipped over Falcon altogether. Had I not liked Falcon 2, I would have pretty much dumped $30 to return (return shipping + restocking fee), which would be 1/5 of the total value of the Falcon 2. Just wasn't worth the risks to me.

Yup, too much dough for these parts too. They do look good. They also miss ANC at this price point, right?

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #31,324 of 62,605
Yup, too much dough for these parts too. They do look good. They also miss ANC at this price point, right?
Yes and fit is iffy. For as good as they sound (and they do sound good) I have no idea how people get them to stay in their ears. The nozzle is super long. That said I don’t hear much complaining so I must be in the minority.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #31,326 of 62,605
Yes and fit is iffy. For as good as they sound (and they do sound good) I have no idea how people get them to stay in their ears. The nozzle is super long. That said I don’t hear much complaining so I must be in the minority.
I switched to Dekoni mercury foam ear tips, size small, since they sit so deep. Originally tips did not stay in as well for myself also. They do sit deeper then many regular universal fit IEMs but not nearly as deep as custom.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #31,327 of 62,605
for my slightly large ears, which usually use L size tips, the Vivo would be a bit loose, so the overall sound would be a bit thin because the reduced bass. but I'm using it with earbud foams, and the subbass can reach deep with it.

the overall feel is closer to using IEMs: separation is good, mids and treble are clear, bass is emphasized on the subbass than the midbass. i have to make adjustments to the case so it can fit and still charge with foams attached.

if you're using Vivo phones, you would have extra access to EQ and sound preset adjustments.
Hey, I followed your advice and I have the VIVO with the HIGI foams. Looks great and in my case I'm not having problems with the case... it closes fine

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #31,328 of 62,605
Yeah, no ANC, for myself that’s a huge plus, isolate well like a regular iem instead. Personally can’t stand the added hiss or hum ANC always has, even Sony and Bose.

I totally understand it may slightly alter sound quality and potentially produce hiss when idle. It's just a convenience I have on my full size cans and which I’d like to have on my MT’s in case there are constant annoying noises around. The slight sound shift and or minor hiss I guess comes with the technology of having mics pointed outwards and trying to “out-phase” those external sounds. And I honestly think that at 330$ it’s a must nowadays. Even available at lower price points. You use it if you need it.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #31,329 of 62,605
Completely agree. I returned mine because of the little issues, but cannot wait for the re-release supposedly mid-April. Gemini were by far one of my all-time favorite TWS.
Just got word from support that firmware will be released April 6. Happens to be when I'm scheduled for my covid shot. Hope the firmware is equally effective!

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #31,330 of 62,605
I totally understand it may slightly alter sound quality and potentially produce hiss when idle. It's just a convenience I have on my full size cans and which I’d like to have on my MT’s in case there are constant annoying noises around. The slight sound shift and or minor hiss I guess comes with the technology of having mics pointed outwards and trying to “out-phase” those external sounds. And I honestly think that at 330$ it’s a must nowadays. Even available at lower price points. You use it if you need it.
I think in the future with TWS this will be a divide, audio brands will go for purist sound as much as possible and mainstream/sport ones will be feature packed. Based on the audio brands releases, most from more audiophile brands seem to be without ANC. I think dealing with a hybrid drivers with crossovers and multi drivers then adding ANC to that might ruin the crossovers wanted when ANC mode or pure audio mode is on. And these brands feel customers they are attracting are purely for sound over gizmos.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #31,331 of 62,605
Just got word from support that firmware will be released April 6. Happens to be when I'm scheduled for my covid shot. Hope the firmware is equally effective!
My Gemini have remained largely stable for the past month even wo any firmware updates. The gremlins have not appeared. The sound is really as good as it gets and the anc is surprisingly good. I’m glad I stuck with them.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #31,332 of 62,605
My Gemini have remained largely stable for the past month even wo any firmware updates. The gremlins have not appeared. The sound is really as good as it gets and the anc is surprisingly good. I’m glad I stuck with them.
I came close to buying from a Canadian retailer but then they stopped selling. Think all stock was pulled until re release

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #31,333 of 62,605
I don't hear any outside noises when music is playing on Falcons. The isolation is better when TWS with ANC on.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #31,334 of 62,605
Yeah, no ANC, for myself that’s a huge plus, isolate well like a regular iem instead. Personally can’t stand the added hiss or hum ANC always has, even Sony and Bose.
I have both the Sonys and the (soon to be re-released) Devialets. I find the Geminis easily superior with a much more natural sound. The flip side of the ANC tech is transparency mode. With the Sonys it sounds like mic gain is raised with the accompanying hiss. The Geminis have none of that, just natural outside sound. The music sound of the Geminis is exactly the same with both ANC and transparency: slightly boosted bass and lots of detail. Oddly, it sounds better than with those things off. And wind noise handling with ANC on is excellent as well. Perhaps it's the mic quality (evident in the also far superior phone voice quality) or maybe the tech itself, but Sonys will be playing catch up when they release the XM4. As for Bose, I can't comment on their TWS, but musically I know what you mean going by their wired models.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #31,335 of 62,605
I think in the future with TWS this will be a divide, audio brands will go for purist sound as much as possible and mainstream/sport ones will be feature packed. Based on the audio brands releases, most from more audiophile brands seem to be without ANC. I think dealing with a hybrid drivers with crossovers and multi drivers then adding ANC to that might ruin the crossovers wanted when ANC mode or pure audio mode is on. And these brands feel customers they are attracting are purely for sound over gizmos.
You'd need to have a BT radio, signal processor of some sort, DAC, and amp all running prior to the crossover anyways... The ANC and other DSP would be done at the signal processing step. Adding these features would require a better processor along with the R&D for said features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back