Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 15, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #62,596 of 62,822
Enjoying Aviot TE-ZS1-PNK greatly. The only oddity is that in the app. (Sound.me) it indicates the left earpiece is discharging faster than right, as below. I suppose that app. could be inaccurate, but if this is truly occuring has anyone experienced something similar with their buds, and found a correction? Thanks!

Discordant Earpiece Battery Life (5-14-24).jpg
Same here, but with my devialet gemini. right piece could be at 60% while my left is 85%. I still don't know what caused it, but I don't think it's the app in both cases.

May 15, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #62,597 of 62,822
Same here, but with my devialet gemini. right piece could be at 60% while my left is 85%. I still don't know what caused it, but I don't think it's the app in both cases.
I think usually, if not always, one bud acts as a relay or something and therefore will wear out faster. Perhaps some architectures do better than others than others to mitigate this. I'm sure someone else here who is more knowledgeable can fill in the details.

May 15, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #62,598 of 62,822
Sucker for a new eartip....
1715772987036.png

Found the Xelastec "normal" to be the savior of IEM fit for me with the level of grip.
The II's feel even more secure and definitely give me a bit more punch in the bass/sub-bass using the 7Hz Timeless + UTWS5 (LHDC v3 codec)
Much more structured ear-tip but the same grippy substance

1715773180285.png

Update: Ok yeah -- colour me impressed by these tips -- dunno if it's because they feel a smidge deeper insertion but it's definitely rounded out the bass and given it a bit more rumble but with the Timeless giving the crisp highs it's making this combo super fun and enjoyable over a bunch of genres.
Very comfortable fit and secure. The inner black tube top secure on nozzle was much harder to get on and feels like the tips won't remain in my ears this time. Didn't happen that often but more so after a longer session.

I'm unashamedly more into "fun" than technicalities so this is a total winner for me --- think i'm going to remain happy with this wireless combo for a good long while -- they deliver everything i need but with a better overall presentation than the DPP's --- the only thing i was missing was that last little dip into the punchy bass but these tips have done it.

Listened to so far that really shine:
RAtM - Take the Power Back (kick drums + bass opening)
Dire Straites - Six Blade Knife (feels lovely and open with crisp guitar)
Complexive - Paft Dunk (this just slams but feels so tight on the bass)
Alice in Chains - Got Me Wrong MTV unplugged (spacious and depth, feels live)
Bad Bunny - Monaco (bass --- just BASS rumbling! but remains clean on the rest of the track)

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #62,599 of 62,822
FYI only Xelastec deform not the Crystals as someone above said, they are meant to change shape with your body heat but eventually end up really out of shape and the charging case is probably partly to blame (pressing against a hot case on charger).

The tip to drop them in hot (near boiling) and then into cold water does not fully work most times and they do not look/feel the same again.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #62,600 of 62,822
Yep asmr are good

Only the crystal and xelestec deform if u remember rightly.

Not sure where u are based but I'm in the UK and happen to have an unused set of azla Foamax medium to large if its of any interest to you
Thanks I am over in western Canada so probably not worth the shipping hassle. But thanks for the offer.

May 15, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #62,601 of 62,822
Enjoying Aviot TE-ZS1-PNK greatly. The only oddity is that in the app. (Sound.me) it indicates the left earpiece is discharging faster than right, as below. I suppose that app. could be inaccurate, but if this is truly occuring has anyone experienced something similar with their buds, and found a correction? Thanks!

I have small differences in battery on my TE-ZX1 as well. They are way smaller than these though, max 5% at the end of the day.

In general battery differences are not rare in TWS but your case seems a bit extreme, does it always have such a big difference?

May 15, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #62,602 of 62,822
Does anyone who has the Devialet Gemini II have tip recommendations (other than what's included)? I have tons of different tips at home but the ones that fit me best don't seem to fit in the Gemini case. I can never close the lid fully and ultimately one of the monitors winds up not charging.

Currently I'm using Comply tips, which aren't my favorite. But they do fit into the charging port well.

Also sorry of this has been covered. I did do a search and didn't find much.

May 15, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #62,603 of 62,822
Does anyone who has the Devialet Gemini II have tip recommendations (other than what's included)? I have tons of different tips at home but the ones that fit me best don't seem to fit in the Gemini case. I can never close the lid fully and ultimately one of the monitors winds up not charging.

Currently I'm using Comply tips, which aren't my favorite. But they do fit into the charging port well.

Weird. Love the stock tips. In fact ordered more of them. Some of the best OEM tips around. @erockg might have some good suggestions.

May 15, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #62,605 of 62,822
FYI only Xelastec deform not the Crystals as someone above said, they are meant to change shape with your body heat but eventually end up really out of shape and the charging case is probably partly to blame (pressing against a hot case on charger).

The tip to drop them in hot (near boiling) and then into cold water does not fully work most times and they do not look/feel the same again.
Yep spot on sorry not sure why I also said crystal.

May 15, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #62,606 of 62,822
I have small differences in battery on my TE-ZX1 as well. They are way smaller than these though, max 5% at the end of the day.

In general battery differences are not rare in TWS but your case seems a bit extreme, does it always have such a big difference?
Yes, generally in this range of variance.

May 15, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #62,607 of 62,822

After reading ^^ I went tip shopping for the ZX1 and found this site. https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/#A

I'm checking out the difference between the AZLA Max and Max for TWS. Sound reviews are subjective but measurements hopefully are accurate. I have the max/TWS and they fit the Senn MTW4s perfectly. I just put them on the ZX1, my initial impression is the included low profile tip fits better.

May 15, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #62,608 of 62,822
After reading ^^ I went tip shopping for the ZX1 and found this site. https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/#A

I'm checking out the difference between the AZLA Max and Max for TWS. Sound reviews are subjective but measurements hopefully are accurate. I have the max/TWS and they fit the Senn MTW4s perfectly. I just put them on the ZX1, my initial impression is the included low profile tip fits better.
These are probably the best tips that I used on the ZX1 recently. Softears UC Ultra. Fit perfectly and have a firm lock in my ears

https://audio46.com/products/softea...u4e-pYnGW3PmpGgILA-j97LfozcjOLFhoCRiwQAvD_BwE

May 15, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #62,610 of 62,822
Audio46 is just a few blocks from where I work. I suppose I could try and see if they would fit in the Devialet Gemini II case - if they'd let me open up a box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back