Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #31,291 of 62,606
They actually fit better than you would think but they aren’t suitable for exercise.
Completely agree. I returned mine because of the little issues, but cannot wait for the re-release supposedly mid-April. Gemini were by far one of my all-time favorite TWS.

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #31,292 of 62,606
Currently both my phones are on iOS (i11 & i8), but I’m getting an android phone next month, considering those new Asus ROG phone, they looked very badass.

Any way, here’s another EQ for Sony WF1000XM3
FFD19A53-7BA2-4EB9-AB01-FAFDA820296C.png

For me the EQ setting sounds really good for this songs
46DBB472-6BF4-43BC-A042-B91A5D3F8D0A.png
D4EE8352-1C53-4F6F-8DF7-FA46CA11F267.png
3F3A107A-A067-48FA-A5BC-42497FAD31FF.png
Does iOS have ew settings? If not what music app do you use as some have EQ within

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #31,295 of 62,606
New Sabbat G12 Elite is geared for gamers. They have a low latency mode and Realtek chip. Not sure how good Realtek is now but the original E12 had rather spotty connectivity on my phone.

I wish they just made something in-ear with ambient mode and ANC.

1617049228627.png

Mar 29, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #31,296 of 62,606
Think I would go for the falcon 2 for much better specs at 139 myself and go for the blue lol
Sure, but how many other opportunities are you going to get a pair of Noble for under a hundred bucks? Good gift idea?
Answering my own question looks like the MW08 is ditching the stabilizer wings. Strange choice. That’s a deal breaker for me.
Yep. Mine are unusable without them. Maybe someone else's ears are more forgiving, though.

---

Looks like there's a new feature update for the 85t. This was in the change log for an Android app update:
Screenshot_20210329-141407.jpg

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #31,297 of 62,606
Sure, but how many other opportunities are you going to get a pair of Noble for under a hundred bucks? Good gift idea?

Yep. Mine are unusable without them. Maybe someone else's ears are more forgiving, though.

---

Looks like there's a new feature update for the 85t. This was in the change log for an Android app update:
Screenshot_20210329-141407.jpg
I can't use those wings. They kill my ears. I'll get the MW08's and report back for sure.

The Fostex TM2's seem to be taking over my listening sessions. Wow. I can't get enough of them with the Moondrop Starfield. Might return and upgrade to something even more high end. Seriously enjoying them. I recommend anyone to try them out. Just walked a mile and zero dropouts. Fingers crossed they're the real deal. Either I'm losing my hearing or these suckers sure do rock.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #31,298 of 62,606
I can't use those wings. They kill my ears. I'll get the MW08's and report back for sure.

The Fostex TM2's seem to be taking over my listening sessions. Wow. I can't get enough of them with the Moondrop Starfield. Might return and upgrade to something even more high end. Seriously enjoying them. I recommend anyone to try them out. Just walked a mile and zero dropouts. Fingers crossed they're the real deal. Either I'm losing my hearing or these suckers sure do rock.
Full disclosure: that's been me and the Noble X this week after I found out just how darn well they play out of the phone with one of those ddhifi dongles...man, those things are tiny.

But they're going to have to sit tight again for a while...
IMG_20210329_150808__01.jpg
Round 2 with the NFP is about to begin! Noble gets all my praise on how they handled this one. No specifics required; I just wish it went like that every time something didn't go quite right. Makes sense why Jim's fans are so loyal.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #31,299 of 62,606
Bought the Jabra Elite Active 75t yesterday & wore them this morning on my 40km ride into work (road bike). I had ANC turned off, they worked great. Very minimal wind noise, I'd say it's on par with the wired Westone W30's I was using in the past.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #31,300 of 62,606
Bought the Jabra Elite Active 75t yesterday & wore them this morning on my 40km ride into work (road bike). I had ANC turned off, they worked great. Very minimal wind noise, I'd say it's on par with the wired Westone W30's I was using in the past.
And no potential for a major mishap from an overzealous chain! Glad they're working out. Hope they continue to do so.

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #31,301 of 62,606
In case anybody was curious as to whether aptX Adaptive really can do what it claims to do, the answer (in my experience) is a big "maybe." Found a way for HiBy's Android app to display what the output signal was, which should at least give us an indication for what Adaptive is really calling for out of the media player.

Sample track was a 24/96 FLAC of Disturbed's "Prayer" from Believe:
Screenshot_20210329-160218.jpg

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #31,302 of 62,606
In case anybody was curious as to whether aptX Adaptive really can do what it claims to do, the answer (in my experience) is a big "maybe." Found a way for HiBy's Android app to display what the output signal was, which should at least give us an indication for what Adaptive is really calling for out of the media player.

Sample track was a 24/96 FLAC of Disturbed's "Prayer" from Believe:
Hence why I suggested the falcon 2 as they support APTX adaptive

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #31,303 of 62,606
And no potential for a major mishap from an overzealous chain! Glad they're working out. Hope they continue to do so.
Thanks for the info yesterday.
I had to set custom EQ as the bass is too harsh out of the box. Will keep fiddling with the sound, but overall, happy.

I did add ANC to my profile, so I guess if I use them when out & about, not riding, I'll just switch that on. ANC to me seems fairly good. In the TWS world, I've only experienced the Sony's & Nuraloops.

Did you have a preferred EQ for these?

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #31,304 of 62,606
Hence why I suggested the falcon 2 as they support APTX adaptive
I still think the codec is in beta form, though. Bandwidth seems very dependent on factors the user can't always control and the type of artifacting it produces when things do go south are unpleasant, to say the least.

For now, they work. If someone wants to go for the Falcon 2 in the $150-ish bracket, I won't tell them no. Both the Noble X and Falcon Pro are exceptionally-well-tuned, but not each tuning is going to sit well with a universal group of listeners. From someone who used to think they just completely wasted their money on the X and finally "got" them for a chance (they're a pair of IEMs that are supposed to play everything well, but nothing exceptionally well), I'd say the juice is worth the squeeze.
Thanks for the info yesterday.
I had to set custom EQ as the bass is too harsh out of the box. Will keep fiddling with the sound, but overall, happy.

I did add ANC to my profile, so I guess if I use them when out & about, not riding, I'll just switch that on. ANC to me seems fairly good. In the TWS world, I've only experienced the Sony's & Nuraloops.

Did you have a preferred EQ for these?
If I choose to run EQ, it's usually done via an Android app called Neutralizer. I'd suggest giving that (or Wavelet, a free analogue) a chance first. My profile ended up looking like this:
Screenshot_20210329-165206.jpg
If you're willing to "invest" in the Final Audio TWS tips, that might help with some of the bloom as well. I've heard the Sednafit XELASTEC tend to work really well, too, but I can't vouch for their ability to stay on the nozzle.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #31,305 of 62,606
Now, that being said, my listening notes from this evening are nothing short of great.

• Zero flex
  • Insertion and removal is a breeze, even single-handed
  • Equally enjoyable at low or high volumes (and can get blisteringly loud, if desired...60% is already pushing it)
  • Extremely well-isolating
  • About as comfortable and "disappearing" in the ear as the UEs
  • Seems to have handled every genre I've thrown at it
Perhaps there was something in significant need of repair with pair 1, but these make up for it in spades. I'm floored, guys.

@erockg what hat should I eat?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back