Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #28,876 of 62,267
Hmm maybe I should consider the 85t's until there are more options with LC3/Bluetooth LE, it seems to be a pretty solid package, sure a few earbuds might sound better, but almost none got multipoint except Jabra. I also really like the physical buttons instead of touch controls.

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #28,877 of 62,267
this is the idea I came up with to improve the fit for my ears, which are on the smaller side. I sacrificed a pair of my azla Sedna xelastic ear tips, carefully cut away the stem, then stretched the remaining tip over each A3 earbud. I chose these ear tips because of the tacky texture. Not sure if other ear tips will perform as these, but perhaps.

Probably gonna grab the KEF to try an ANC model stick and with my Cleer goal instead of an A3 but still curious if that works with the case and they still charge or is it something you have to take off and put on again?

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #28,879 of 62,267
If anyone is interested, I contacted KEF since I saw product pages on other countries KEF sites but nothing on KEF US. They said Feb. 4 for the release info. Hopefully is is out soon and not like a Nuarl situation where US is a while later.

Probably should have told them to make sure they work right before you put them out. :)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #28,880 of 62,267
Hmm. Not sure if you've had a chance to try out the 75t.. If so would you say that the call quality in regards to noise cancellation has regressed? I was looking to upgrade from my 75 active to the 85 active once it's released but this gives me pause..

Yup I trialed the 75ts. It’s hard to know for sure but I’d say call quality is about the same for both. If you’re fine w the 75ts then you should be good w the 85ts too

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #28,881 of 62,267
If anyone is interested, I contacted KEF since I saw product pages on other countries KEF sites but nothing on KEF US. They said Feb. 4 for the release info. Hopefully is is out soon and not like a Nuarl situation where US is a while later.

Probably should have told them to make sure they work right before you put them out. :)

Good to know roughly when the ETA is with the KEF. Hope it’s not a repeat of the Melomania Touch.

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #28,882 of 62,267
In terms of microphone quality is there any of these that are distinctly better than others in the $300 AUD ($200 USD) price range as I'll be using these as a primary work microphone when on the go and potentially at the gym. Been looking at L2P or 85t or APP so far.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #28,883 of 62,267
In terms of microphone quality is there any of these that are distinctly better than others in the $300 AUD ($200 USD) price range as I'll be using these as a primary work microphone when on the go and potentially at the gym. Been looking at L2P or 85t or APP so far.

1. APP
2. 85t
3. L2P

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #28,884 of 62,267
1. APP
2. 85t
3. L2P
If your primary phone is an iPhone, APP...
But be careful if you carry an Android phone, while APP does work, it’s just decent at best with an Android. A lot of people here on head-fi “blindly” recommend APP for voice calls, nor realizing that there is a HUGE difference between voice quality on iPhone and Android when using APP.
There are lots of YouTube videos comparing different brands with each other, so I recommend you watch some of those.

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #28,885 of 62,267
If your primary phone is an iPhone, APP...
But be careful if you carry an Android phone, while APP does work, it’s just decent at best with an Android. A lot of people here on head-fi “blindly” recommend APP for voice calls, nor realizing that there is a HUGE difference between voice quality on iPhone and Android when using APP.
There are lots of YouTube videos comparing different brands with each other, so I recommend you watch some of those.

Lol it’s not blind. Was just tryna rank the ones he listed for call q from my experience. I do have an iPhone so it worked great for me. Sq is very meh tho imo. My bad tho, if calls are not good on Android, then go w 85ts or some of the soundcore airs have good call q.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #28,886 of 62,267
L2P not great for mic quality and no ambient sound. If not Apple user go 85t

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #28,887 of 62,267

i haven't compared them personally, but if only based on the many youtube comparison videos, the Samsung Buds+, Buds Live, Buds Pro are top contenders for mic quality (the latter two seems to be similar). other than that, the Jabras are also consistently good for that regard.

the best I've ever heard (or should i say, watched) is this Edifier

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #28,888 of 62,267
i haven't compared them personally, but if only based on the many youtube comparison videos, the Samsung Buds+, Buds Live, Buds Pro are top contenders for mic quality (the latter two seems to be similar). other than that, the Jabras are also consistently good for that regard.

the best I've ever heard (or should i say, watched) is this Edifier

Ohhhh yeah galaxy buds + might actually be the best. They’re awesome for calls.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #28,889 of 62,267
As someone with LDR, I can confirm that the galaxy buds plus, live and pro are excellent for calling.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #28,890 of 62,267
I've been using pixelbuds for calls for work, conference calls etc, i can leave my phone on my desk and walk all through the apartment and people can still hear me well on a call. These may not be bad for the gym either, they let a decent but not overwhelming amount of sound in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back