Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 3, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #28,906 of 62,583
yes! They have been helpful with all my issues, connection, battery, channel imbalance, failed fit tests. No complaints from me regarding Devialet support.

Their reply was ”wait for new firmware” then I got a new email saying ”return them”. That tells me they dont know what is the problem and they dont know when they have a fix.

Really sad because I think they sound terrific :/
Maybe explain the situation and see if they'll send a replacement. Then flip them on Ebay. Just spitballing. I usually buy from Amazon or Ebay so I get their great return policy. Easier. Sorry you're having issues.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #28,907 of 62,583
Also if it was a firmware issue and the solution was somewhat imminent I find it hard to believe they’d recommend me to return them. Especially after I explicitly explained how to them that I was very happy with the sound when working.
Ah, didn't see this response. Well, they're a reputable company, so hopefully they come through for all of us.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #28,908 of 62,583
You might like the Audio Technica AZ70, i find it has more reference level bass for sure, its mids are elevated but not harshly, treble is well defined without becoming sibilant, decent sound stage.
Ahh, thank you! I will give them a look.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #28,909 of 62,583
So there is an updated firmware for the galaxy buds pro and I noticed the ambiance mode has less hiss on all levels, especially on High and Ultra High. It also sounds less artificial and more natural. I usually go with High setting before the update and now, I am comfortable using Medium setting.
Also, the ANC got a nice upgrade from previous firmware. Now, the low noise is completely blocked even on low setting. The high is also cancelled quite considerably more than before.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #28,910 of 62,583
It does seem your situation would take probably more than a FW update to fix, but it is hard to say with these. When mine do a cold connect there's sometimes a slow fade from Right to Left, so maybe your Right -> Left communication is somehow stuck? On my first pair I had a dead chamber, rendered useless by a failed flash. Support told me I had to return them, and I did, but I very much suspect that had it allowed me to re-flash it would have fixed itself.

yeah I had that too XD
It seem Ive had every bug known.
But yeah it starts from left, then going right except I never get the sound back to the left. Plus the weird noise they make, could possibly be hardwear fault, hard to tell.

Ah, didn't see this response. Well, they're a reputable company, so hopefully they come through for all of us.

yeah Im not worried in that sense. I’m a regular at the dealer so they will refund me unless they get the go ahead from Devialet to sell them again. I’m not sure I want to wait, might try the KEF Mu3 and hope they are good :)
Devialet support has been great for me. One might question though how a 300 usd pair of buds are not tested more before release hmm.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #28,911 of 62,583
You might like the Audio Technica AZ70, i find it has more reference level bass for sure, its mids are elevated but not harshly, treble is well defined without becoming sibilant, decent sound stage.
I could only find Technics EAH-AZ70W, nothing from Audio Technica for AZ70. I assume this is the one you are talking about?

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #28,912 of 62,583
yeah I had that too XD
It seem Ive had every bug known.
But yeah it starts from left, then going right except I never get the sound back to the left. Plus the weird noise they make, could possibly be hardwear fault, hard to tell.

yeah Im not worried in that sense. I’m a regular at the dealer so they will refund me unless they get the go ahead from Devialet to sell them again. I’m not sure I want to wait, might try the KEF Mu3 and hope they are good :)
Devialet support has been great for me. One might question though how a 300 usd pair of buds are not tested more before release hmm.
Most of this stuff is assembled/made in China. I'm sure those facilities are getting hammered during the pandemic. Probably why some releases are being rushed out, delayed or even cancelled. Hopefully they make things right for us all.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #28,914 of 62,583
Most of this stuff is assembled/made in China. I'm sure those facilities are getting hammered during the pandemic. Probably why some releases are being rushed out, delayed or even cancelled. Hopefully they make things right for us all.
I just got the Earin A-3 and one of the buds died. Literally, the day after I received them from Sweden. Their sending a replacement, but still very very frustrating.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #28,915 of 62,583
So there is an updated firmware for the galaxy buds pro and I noticed the ambiance mode has less hiss on all levels, especially on High and Ultra High. It also sounds less artificial and more natural. I usually go with High setting before the update and now, I am comfortable using Medium setting.
Also, the ANC got a nice upgrade from previous firmware. Now, the low noise is completely blocked even on low setting. The high is also cancelled quite considerably more than before.
I love their sound probably tied with top sounding earbud for me. But I can't find a comfortable solution.

So I either pony up for Sennheiser or Bose each with their own issues or settle for the overall very good sound and features of jabra sacrificing the best to me sound quality.... It these were only as comfy as the previous generation but with the new hardware upgrades.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #28,916 of 62,583
I love their sound probably tied with top sounding earbud for me. But I can't find a comfortable solution.

So I either weekend up for Sennheiser or Bose each with their own issues or settle for the overall very good sound and features of jabra sacrificing the best to me sound quality.... It these were only as comfy as the previous generation but with the new hardware upgrades.
I went with Comply tips and it's really helped the fit for me.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #28,918 of 62,583
Which ones fit without being too big for the case on the Samsungs
Whoops, thought you were referring to a different set of buds... :)

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #28,920 of 62,583
Which buds? My final choice is down to 85t and Samsung. Prefer Samsung sounds a bit but having fit/comfort issues
The ones you don't have lol... Devialet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back