Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #28,846 of 62,143
Want to get my hands on the four sizes of silicones that come on the new Sudio NIO...

1612126856428.png

Not sure if I would spend the $$$ on them.

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #28,847 of 62,143
I've been debating trying those, but I'm mostly using full sized cans these days. Just looking for a wireless setup now for working out and meetings.
Thanks!
Audeze sine series and i3 are indeed excellent and they do not require you to jam them in your ears. However, they are extremely sensitive to movement and placement. I ultimately gave upon them for fit reasons. Even the slightest movement would change the sound dramatically. When everything is set properly, there are amazing. The Xelento has a really shallow comfortable fit and has some sick sound. Pricey but used prices are reasonable and they offer a BT module or you can grab an aftermarket one.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #28,848 of 62,143
I probably did. I like the chase myself. I have wired set up only. I tried the APP and enjoyed them but volume was lacking and the sound just wasn't what I was used to so I gave them to my daughter. I can get a pair of APM's but I don't know if I'd like them at the gym. I hear you on wanting it - just isn't there yet. I'm intrigued to try the Jabra's
Jabras are so far best all arounders for me. Best controls. Very good sound and bass. Comfort is good. Qi charging....
Just wish the treble was a bit better like the buds pro or JBL. It is a bit rolled off. And I think a different tip would make them feel a bit more secure.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #28,850 of 62,143
Can anyone that has the Lypertek Tevi please measure the bore size? These seem decent and are cheap enough that I'm willing to just try them. ANC is nice to have but not a necessity. Also remember seeing some good things about them here.

Can't seem to find UE Fits in Canada unfortunately. We seem to not get random things. That's part of why the Earsonics are interesting for me. They are available and seem to fit what I want.

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #28,851 of 62,143
Can anyone that has the Lypertek Tevi please measure the bore size? These seem decent and are cheap enough that I'm willing to just try them. ANC is nice to have but not a necessity. Also remember seeing some good things about them here.

Can't seem to find UE Fits in Canada unfortunately. We seem to not get random things. That's part of why the Earsonics are interesting for me. They are available and seem to fit what I want.

Again with the bore size? The Earsonics have a bigger bore. Hope you are not confusing that with their other models. These use a 6mm China driver and are not an Earsonics made into a TWS...
1612192560628.png

You mentioned 3mm bore size and the Earsonics are clearly larger.

And we have the EPZ S350T coming...

Comfortable and high-pitched -3d printed resin ring iron true wireless

Inspired by the star's custom-made private-model headphones

EPZ in order to achieve a real wireless headset comparable to private custom headphones, 3 years of research and development, mastered the color resin cavity 3D printing core technology, combined with EPZ more than 10 years of hardware and software development and resin headphone OEM experience so that S350T set high-face value, good sound in one and achieve personalized customization and large-scale mass production!

Over-level top match, only for the first sound
Give you a different hearing feast

1, Qualcomm QCC3040: Bluetooth 5.2 module

2, ring iron coaxial diaphragm: treble more stable, bass deeper

3, personalized personal customization: to create a unique exclusive

4, 3D printing resin cavity: fit ergonomic design

5, APTX-HD and APTX-LL: Free switch

6, Qualcomm wireless mirroring technology: single-ear seamless switching

7, QI standard wireless charge: 8 plus 45 hours battery life

8, IPX7 waterproof: sports rain is not afraid

9, business trip casually listen to: a put can be charged

1612204654682.png

1612204762012.png

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #28,852 of 62,143
Again with the bore size? The Earsonics have a bigger bore. Hope you are not confusing that with their other models. These use a 6mm China driver and are not an Earsonics made into a TWS...
1612192560628.png
You mentioned 3mm bore size and the Earsonics are clearly larger.
I'm not sure what's the problem with asking about bore size :/
It is literally a fit problem for me, and I've had issues with some IEMs in the past.

I did make a mistake though. Just measured my current IEMs and they have a 5mm bore which is fine but probably my upper limit for fit.

I'm not sure where you are getting your info about the Easonics. Not to say it isn't true, just that I didn't find anything, and read 100+ pages of this thread and didn't see any information about them.

Anyway, based in what I can get here I just might try the Lypertek Tevi as they give me what I need and hopefully something better will come out at some point.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #28,854 of 62,143
85t just got a firmware update.
I think the treble sounds a bit better but I could easily be imagining it.
When today? That is my main gripe with them. That and I find the fit feels loose even thought it is secure. Think the ovval design does that. But if the treble is improved these will be my day drivers. It is the one think that makes XM3 Samsung and JBL over these.

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #28,859 of 62,143
The 1More Dual Driver ANC TWS were finally growing on me after swapping out to the no-earhook sleeves, but just this week I ran into more issues and returned them today. The left bud would sometimes power on and connect while inside the case. Before the battery of the case would last about 2 days, but yesterday it only lasted about 1 day (~8 hours of listening).

I wonder if the Colorbuds Pro might be slightly lower-end due to the lower MSRP, and seeing it's based on the Colorbuds with presumably BA drivers, it might be geared towards an analytical tuning with less bass. My other concern is that while they are slated to have multipoint, that Bluetooth LE 5.2 multipoint won't be backward compatible with my current BT5.0 devices. For BT5.0, options may remain limited such as Jabra, Huawei, and VIVO...

Final impressions:
Sound - 8.5/10. Broad V-shape but generally sounds warm and dark. Punchy bass but slight mid-bass bloat. There's a hot spot in the treble that sounds borderline sibilant, but the detail retrieval is excellent similar to the 1More Triple Driver IEM. Soundstage and instrument separation is quite spacious, but they can sound terrible for Nujabes/lo-fi or vinyl rips due to excessive resolution. Perhaps just my ears but there's often a left channel volume imbalance but other times it sounds fine. With ANC on if I shove the left bud into my ears, the bass becomes too boomy and loud until I re-insert the buds.

Build quality: Charging case is nicely built with an anti-slip rubber bottom. However, the bottom does collect dust and lint quite easily. The earbuds themselves are another story - after repeated usage and removing the eartips/sleeves, the right earbud's housing started making a crackling sound (especially when squeezed) suggesting the plastic seams have become loose.

Connectivity 8.5/10 - Clunky older Qualcomm single-ear implementation. Playing/resuming tracks or changing the volume causes the audio to pan around before it settles. Connection is relatively solid overall at home, but when I was using the left bud independently outdoors in a busy environment, it was very prone to cutting. Also dislike the fact that you must turn on ANC manually each time you use them and cycle through the touch controls to turn it off or use ambient mode. Ambient mode is quite clean with a constant level (I can play piano without it cutting or distorting in loud notes), but a bit low in volume.

Wearing detection/auto-pause can't be turned off (only an option whether to resume playback or not) which is disappointing as I had cases of unintentional auto-pauses when I was using ear-hooks.

Fit - 5/10 I struggled to get a seal with the larger earhooks which often pushed out my right ear such that I was hearing less treble than the right and getting unintentional auto-pauses on the left bud. The sleeves with no earhooks worked very well for me and seemed to stay in my ears better, but they would still slip out after prolonged use, not to mention when wearing a mask with tight ear loops.

Isolation 7/10 - For my ears these don't fit deep, more like "half in-ears" so passive isolation is medicore. ANC is decent mainly tames down/smooths background noises rather than reducing it. There's also some EMI static whether ANC is turned on or off. My commute is still very noisy thanks to the old-generation skytrains.

Battery life 6.5/10 - 4.5-5 hour at high volumes. Case battery is quite short lasting between 7-10 hours or between 1.5 days of usage. Sometimes the charging case LED indicator would show as yellow (medium) but then flash red (low) when I shut the lid and vice versa. I always preferred those step-LEDs as being more reliable than changing colours..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back