Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #28,606 of 62,423
Apperently the update is out for the CA Melomania touch. I got the update for the app at least.

Did it fix most issues? :)

Firmware update is not out yet. I am guessing Monday probably.

Edit: Apparently it came out today so I stand corrected. I've not tried it yet

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #28,607 of 62,423
So, I want to love the Samsung's as I really like the clarity. But despite multiple tips and insertion methods I get literal pain in my right ear and neither are comfortable for long. It's amazing how no reviewers online mention this. Though did see 1 actually and many on Reddit.
Hope they are not just shills getting free goods or cash so don't want to insult the golden goose.

They are literally the only earbud ever that hurt me. Some may be less comfortable or have a bad fit but never painful.
I'd rather have the XM3 back as while I was too aware of them in my ears they didn't hurt.

So far I think the Jabra 85t have best combination of sound while still having ANC and full functionality. After EQing up the treble and down a bit the bass they really are such a natural sounding bit with great lows and mids and highs that are natural, not too sibilant and not harsh.
My only minor gripe is that while comfortable in ear, exercise I do feel them move a bit and am aware of them more than traditional round in ear buds. They haven't fallen out though they don't feel as locked in.

JBL club pro plus coming tomorrow. I know their ANC not as good as jabra. Price for me was actually 10$more. But if they sound as good or better but with more secure fit they could be my daily driver. If not will stick with 85t. With Fiil t1pro coming from China that could be my workout bids given small size weight ipx4 and wings to secure fit.

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #28,608 of 62,423
Can't update mine here in US, it shows that old firmware is up to date. Maybe, the update is not "live" here yet.
In the USA here, and they updated after a bit of refreshing them with my iPhone 8+. They still sound great, but we'll see if the update fixes the connection/case battery drain. Sure hope so. I want to keep them. Love the sound.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #28,610 of 62,423
So, I want to love the Samsung's as I really like the clarity. But despite multiple tips and insertion methods I get literal pain in my right ear and neither are comfortable for long. It's amazing how no reviewers online mention this. Though did see 1 actually and many on Reddit.
Hope they are not just shills getting free goods or cash so don't want to insult the golden goose.

Comfort with those models can be very subjective. I have some Galaxy Buds Plus I can wear for 10 hours a day of needed without any discomfort and barely feel them. They're like custom IEMs, perfectly matched my ears out of luck. But know some friends with them who struggle finding comfort. Same for other models. Hard to hit 100% without going custom.

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #28,611 of 62,423
In the USA here, and they updated after a bit of refreshing them with my iPhone 8+. They still sound great, but we'll see if the update fixes the connection/case battery drain. Sure hope so. I want to keep them. Love the sound.

Just updated mine. Went smoothly. Will know over next couple days of use to see how the update was.

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #28,612 of 62,423
Anyone try the Audiofly AFT2? The shape seems similar to the MT. No app but the price seems fairly reasonable but not many reviews out there. The one review I did see I think the guy liked them as much as the cheaper Sennheiser TWS can't remember model name...

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #28,613 of 62,423
Comfort with those models can be very subjective. I have some Galaxy Buds Plus I can wear for 10 hours a day of needed without any discomfort and barely feel them. They're like custom IEMs, perfectly matched my ears out of luck. But know some friends with them who struggle finding comfort. Same for other models. Hard to hit 100% without going custom.

Well I love my galaxy buds + and besides some itching from the tips never had comfort issues.
Bought these pros from Costco so have 90 days to return and now there is a 65$cdn (50usd) rebate of I send them some old broken earphones as trade inaking them also a very good value.

I want them to work as I love the sound with my Samsung phone.

I tried and experimented with some things. Seems if I size down to medium tip on the left it is comfortable at least for an hour including during a workout. Haven't had chance to listen for longer.

The right ear is the problem. Most eartips I need a larger size on the right. Seems the medium while not painful doesn't make an adequate seal which is why I went to the large. The large makes the seal but because the tips don't insert into the ear canal like typical tips it causes the body of the earbuds to push on my ear causing very sore spots. Tried Spinfit cp360 which didn't work well as well as a comply which was a bit better but wouldnt allow me to close the case and felt different from the stock tips so weird mixing the 2.

Well I somehow found an old loose tip I think was from Sony earbud from pre wireless days. Managed to get it on and while not perfect didn't feel too bad. In fact by end of the workout both sides stayed in place with no pain. Only issue was when lying on my back the seal was looser so would lose some bass unless I readjusted but that is true of most tws for me. The sound was great and I had no pain or pressure. In fact they seemed not really more uncomfortable than other earbuds.

My dilemma is that I will only be keeping 1 between the 85t and the buds pro. The 85t sound very good but are a bit less detailed than the Samsungs. Bass is a bit looser on 85t as well though still excellent. I think I would be happy just keeping the Jabras but for working out they don't feel as secure as the Samsungs.

Anyone have experience with any oval tips 3rd party? I know Misodiko makes some that fit 85t/freebuds pro.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #28,614 of 62,423
On another note regarding ANC.
Tried an experiment. Sat in my den home theater and fired up a YouTube video of airplane noise at cruising altitude and noisy coffee shop. Tested the Jabra and Samsung.
Both did very well and truthfully for both those environments there was no clear winner. The plane noise was effectively gone. Cafe noise only a bit of the highest frequency could be heard. And this was with no .usic playing just the ANC on highest setting for both. So with music would easily not hear anything!

I do miss having all the controls on the buds pro as I could on the buds plus. But the lab feature is not available to do so. As such I gave up voice assistant and ambient/ANC.

Reason being and this is a tip for Samsung users. Handsfree Bixby can turn on and off ANCand ambient mode. And if I talk to someone the ambient recognition when talking works well provided I don't talk or sing to myself.

So if any other galaxy buds pro users are out there I want to hear from you regarding tip selection and opinion on sound.

Those who feel the highs are too tinny or sharp or that bass isn't great, I suspect are using tips not making a great seal which also affects ANC.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #28,615 of 62,423
Well obvious from looking at them it is most likely the Earpod more open style, the small size and low profile. Perhaps the interchange ability being symmetrical but not sure if that is just marketing but in reality not very useful at all. Awkward and unnatural after using TWS for a while to not put the right ear in the right side of the case or taking the right side out and putting in the right ear. Not sure when or why I would need to swap.

The low profile will certainly eliminate wind whistle vs. bigger stuff where if wind hits you the right way and can go underneath certain egg shapes that stick out and give you the wind whistle passing through that area that sticks out and the ear. Though that is just wind whistle and not general wind noise.

The Earin is a big draw for those who want a more open sound. Big scare for me would be the touch controls.

That little plateau has to be the touch control and how do you grab these with two fingers without accidentally registering at times? Thinking these could be a no single press set up or if single press we wish it wasn't lol.

Well,been using my Earin A3’s since last Wednesday, and I absolutely love them. Never thought I would get used to any open design. But the A3 sound incredible to me.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #28,616 of 62,423
Well,been using my Earin A3’s since last Wednesday, and I absolutely love them. Never thought I would get used to any open design. But the A3 sound incredible to me.
When did they become available? I was monitoring their website. Can you offer more sound impressions? Thanks.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #28,617 of 62,423
I can only compare it to Sony wf-1000xm3, Sennheiser cx400bt (same drivers as MTW2), and Technics AZ70. I feel Touch has similar sound signature to Sony. Not quite natural+neutral like the Senn or AZ70, but definitely a lot of fun to listen to.

Lows: Senn > Touch > Sony > AZ70
Mids: Senn = AZ70 > Touch > Sony
Highs: Senn > AZ70 > Sony > Touch
On overall sound quality, I would go Senn > CA Touch > Technics > Sony.

My overall preference considering everything including price & features & fit/comfort: Touch > Sony > Technics > Senn.
Some pretty high praise. Definitely intrigued.

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #28,618 of 62,423
I've been listening to the Galaxy Buds Pro the last couple days, so I thought I'd drop some impressions here. I won't focus too much on the technical traits, as honestly, I don't care about that stuff very much. I was surprised by how small the case is, though! It's a little thicker than the AirPods Pro case, but feels more compact. The controls of the Buds Pro do seem somewhat finicky; for example, I don't like how they inadvertently pause or swap through the ANC modes each time you physically adjust them. You also lose access to a lot of flexibility on iOS (as there's no app).

IMG_6597.jpeg

But as for the actual sound, well, I have to say...they sound really good. I couldn't get them out of my ears the evening they arrived and almost fell asleep with them on! They’re warmer, more V-shaped than their predecessors; the bass shelf doesn’t level out until slightly past 600hZ. The quality of the bass is good overall, sporting appropriate levels of slam and texturing; however, bloat does seem imminent at times which I’d attribute to a lack of intangible control. While the upper-midrange presentation doesn’t seem to have changed much, this more gentle slope to the bass region makes the Buds Plus a tad less lean (a criticism of most Harman-oriented IEMs) in the notes. Another welcome change is the treble. Treble is almost perfectly linear throughout the impact and crash regions. Yeah, it’s still fairly elevated, and while I don’t think extension is much better, this is impressive considering how rare normal treble is in most cheaper IEMs. The FR graph corroborates this, and I don't hear sibilant or tinny treble; your mileage might vary and all that.

Technical ability is, of course, more middling and I don’t think it’s really an improvement over the OG Buds or Buds+ in this regard. In fact, I suspect some might find the OG Buds and Buds+ slightly more resolving because they’re brighter, leaner in the notes with the Buds+ in particular having a much more incisive bass shelf. I'd also be remiss if I did not point out a notable lack of center image incisiveness; even for a TWS, the Buds Pro are pushing it on this front. Nonetheless, the Buds Pro have an extremely pleasing tonal balance. Good enough, in fact, for me to say that not only is this the best TWS I’ve heard yet, but that the Buds Pro are also competitive with many of their similarly-priced, wired counterparts. Hope these impressions are helpful!

TL;DR Definitely some technical limitations - particularly if you're on iOS - but the sound itself is quite good, even class-leading for TWS.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #28,620 of 62,423
Buds pro came with my s21 ultra purchase.

eq6wNLF.jpg

Clear and elevated highs and mids. Bass is more of the mid bass variety, so vocals sound warm and natural, but also gives a slight impression of muddy sound. I do not find them sibilant or overly bright.

I can see why some people will have issue with the fit as the inner part of the bud is quite bulbous and may result in a poor fit. The nozzle is also quite short, so most 3rd party tips will be too short to be used on the buds pro. My ears just about fit the buds pro with the stock large tips, so I have no issues with the fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back