Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #28,636 of 62,436
Gamesky Status video...

Not sure about the charge port on the bottom of the case. Gamesky unfortunately never really directly compares sound so the talk about the sound quality being good could be put into more perspective since he just reviewed the Buds Pro, Liberty Air pro 2, and the Touch as well. Maybe in the comments. Of course these would be less risk and better value at the $99 than $169.

They don't have an app or transparency mode, do they?? I am curious about sound quality comparisons too

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #28,637 of 62,436
Is there anyone who has been able to compare the sound and function of the Nuarl N6 Pro and the CA Melomania Touch?

I'm focusing on both of these because my primary criteria are:

1 Sound quality
2 Independent use of left or right earbud (I often only want one in when working and want to be able to switch ears and still use the phone)
3 Use of a wing or fin to keep bud stable in ear

It seems like many of the other top rated earbuds for sound are lacking criteria 2 and/or 3 (otherwise I would entertain Jabra, Sony, JBL, Bose, Tevi, etc.).

I know the Touch have had some connection issues that CA appears to be working hard to remedy. I currently have the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 and I find the fit and function to be perfect as I don't need ANC, but I find that there is a harshness in the treble that can't be tamed to my liking with the apps EQ.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #28,638 of 62,436
Hi,

Thanks for your quick review. It seems that you are not happy with your H1, isn't it? I was surprised when you said your phone didn't switch to aptX HD mode! Could it be a bug in the H1 firmware? According to Qualcomm, aptX Adaptive is backwards compatible with aptX HD. Did you force the aptX HD codec in the developer settings of your Z2 Force? I think that the pairing issue could be fixed with a firmware update. Did you report it?

On the other hand, do you know Kenneth Tanaka? If not, it's a japanese YouTube reviewer and he reviewed the H1 and compared it with other earbuds. The H1 did not fare well in a latency test using the gaming mode. Surprisingly, the AAC codec on the AirPods Pro has much lower latency that the gaming mode on the H1! See THIS video.

Well, I was going to buy the standard H1, but I think I have changed my mind after reading your first impressions.What other alternatives are there with aptX Adaptive, low latency and good sound and fit?

Here is my Kickstarter Feedback:

1)
"H1 Premiums arrive today, set them up and little disappointed to see the same cheap pairing as the Sonics in that they try to auto pair each time they are disconnected from a device so not ideal.

Not sure if they remember 2-3 devices like all my other SoundPeats Neckbands or simply forget/repair each time.

Also the App in a nightmare to sign up to as the email box is just out of screen so you cannot type in it, I manage to get my email in by copy/pasting and messing about to finally hit the Verification Button.

I did not see any option to check/update Firmware, they have an EQ setting and a ANC setting which I assume does nothing on these.

Also same as Sonics in that QUALCOMM's claim of aptx-Adaptative being backwards compatible is bollocks as it falls back to aptX on my Moto Z2 Force instead of aptX-HD so if I listen to amazon HD or any Hi-Res it will be stuck with 16/44.1, I would be better of listening on my SoundPeats Force HD in aptX-HD.

The sound is not that great TBH (I would rather disable the EQ fully and use PowerAmp's EQ but you cannot)but the volume unlike the Sonics is pretty loud using SpinFits tips as none of the included tips are large enough for me as like the Sonics they did not include their XL tips.

I also found the FW setting in the SoundPeats App appears in very top of menu before you connect the earphones and disappears once connected, so I assume none are available"

EDIT : They are sounding ok now with SpinFits Tips and I am adjusted to the different sound from my other earbuds.

2) "
Fit is far better than the Sonics, instructions book is for the H1 not H1 Prem, not a big deal.

So far I discharged them once, not sure if they were fully charged but did say 100% but Right Bud dies with the Left Bus still at 30% which is not great for TWS Mirroring, my Sonics die within minutes of each other getting in the 0-10% battery range which is great.

I will condition the battery by charging/using/discharge them over the course of the week and test them overnight and I would hope to get at least 8 hours even though aptX on PC as Volume will not be anywhere near 60% for Brown Noise to sleep to."

3) "Again the Right Bud dies at 30%-40% ahead of the Left Bud so about 6-7 hours @ 31% Volume aptX during the night, so I doubt the will do the claimed 10hours @ 60% Volume SBC especially if the Left Bud is doing all the work as the Right seems to have poor battery or is not doing its fair share of the Mirroring.

The Right Bud turns off and the Left Bud keeps working and if you leave it 5-10 mins to recover some battery and turn off the Left Bud and connect the Right Bud it will not auto connect like the Sonics do in Mirroring Mode instead it will be seen in as an LE headset for you Pair to if you choose (at least I think this is what is going on)."

4) "I now think it is the TWS Mirroring which is not working as it does work fine on my Sonics on my Android and PC as it is done on the earbuds not the device unlike TWS+.

With aptX @ 80% Volume I took a screenshot as Right Bud died and Left Bud had 40% left, it then took 2 hours (I set the Android Stopwatch it said 2h 10s) till the Left Bud died so that is not useable no way and a waste of battery if one dies when other is still at 40% which is like the old Master/Slave system.

If you let it rest 5-10 mins you turn it back on you will see the at Left bud 40% and Right bud 10% then a after a few minutes the Right Bud will die again.

I will again try a few charge/discharge session but this looks like a bad battery in the Right bud, the Sonics can Mirror for each other so if any one is turned off the other after about 1sec takes over and when one dies the other will be at 10% or less and die within 5-10mins of each other but nowhere near the claimed 15hours ' 60% Vol SBC even at 31% aptX."

5) "Got an SoundPeats App update today but it looks exactly the same and still no way to check FW if the buds are connected that menu is not visible and is only visible if buds are not connected.

Adding to the Right Bud continues dropping battery 20-30% ahead of the Left Bud and I now have an Volume issue where it goes really low and the audio sound underwater/muddy like it is in LE Talk Mode (You will see an LE device next to H1 when you pair these).

I can turn Volume to 100% and its not that loud and still underwater/muddy, resetting in SoundPeats App did not fix it also re-pairing with Android and PC did not fix it and nothing fixed it till I did a full reset in the case and re-pairing to Android and PC is needed after doing this.

Today it happened again and I cannot get it to fix so I am done with these, they were rushed without proper testing.

I am back to my SoundPeats Force HD neckband and at least I have long battery (35hours) and I can have the aptX-HD option as QUALCOMM's claim is BS as aptX-Adaptive being backwards compatible as it does not fall back to HD but is on aptX (the same on Sonics).and reading comments from others for both Sonics and H1's it is the same on many different makes/models of phones so not me alone.

This was confirmed by Lenovo/Moto staff on their forum, on my Moto Z2 Force aptX Adaptive will not fall back to aptX-HD and will not on any phone unless the phone has both aptX-Adaptive and aptx-HD support.

I had a set of B&W P14's that were also aptX-Adaptive and I though they fell back to aptX-HD but I found out from above staff and using an App to see codecs they have the standalone aptX-HD codec as well as aptX-Adaptive.

So again so much for QUALCOMMS claim of backwards compatibility if you need the manufacturers to pay a license for more codecs."

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #28,639 of 62,436
Beans is not an iem. It lacks seal. Need I say more? Impossible to do get defined or good bass out of it, and ANC really suffers due to bad seal. earpods/airpods were really terrible due to lack of seal, and live was even worse. Also, I find Samsung ANC mediocre in general even with the new Pros.
Guess it's a failed product.😊

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #28,640 of 62,436
Any JBl club pro plus users here? I am feeling like a bud whore here trying to find best set for me.
JBLs just got here by Amazon.

first impressions case is nice and buds seem pretty comfortable.

Sound volume on stock setting seemed anemic out of the box.
Some of the DJ tunings sounded good but again volume seemed low.

Then it was like pulling back the current to the VIP sound room when I discovered the custom EQ!!!

Holy Crap! This EQ is insane. Many bands but more importantly you can dial in the exact frequency on them to tune it near infinitely. Also that anemic sound can get so much louder! The base miss and treble can really sing! Why they have it sounding so weak volume wise out of the box is beyond me. Most average consumers probably won’t take the time to adjust that complex but incredible equalizer. But if they do......wow!

More playing needed but for pure sound and out of box comfort colour me impressed!

My experience was very similar to yours - I loved them after EQing, and don't mind the weaker ANC. I do wish they filtered for my voice a bit better, but otherwise I'm very sad I lost them and your post is making me think about buying them again - where's the best deal currently?

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #28,642 of 62,436
Guess it's a failed product.😊
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Open back (I.e. Non isolating) headphones are a thing, it's just their uses are limited.

Non isolating earphones have their uses too, I actually prefer my Sabbat X12 Ultra for when I'm not expecting privacy (washing dishes, reading out in the living room), because I won't miss it if my housemates say hi or whatever.

The decision to include ANC is super weird because it does nary a thing.. But otherwise it's just an open back model so to speak!

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #28,643 of 62,436
Don't know how I could have missed this, but buried in the package of the 1More ANC I found an earhook cover that doesn't have earhooks. Now they fit and stay much better in my ears and sound more balanced. The left side still seems a bit brighter but that might just be my hearing/resonance as my Earfun Free Pro seems to be doing the same (but because they're not as resolving, I don't mind it as much). However, they still loosen a bit after prolonged use and fit more poorly if I'm wearing a mask though. Now I'm a bit more inclined to keep them, but I still have a few days to make the decision, especially with 1More Colorbuds Pro on the horizon. The ColorBuds Pro seem to support multipoint, BUT one site mentioned "Bluetooth LE multi-point" which might mean that the new multipoint implementation requires your source device to support Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth 5.2...

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #28,644 of 62,436
Here is my Kickstarter Feedback:

1)
"H1 Premiums arrive today, set them up and little disappointed to see the same cheap pairing as the Sonics in that they try to auto pair each time they are disconnected from a device so not ideal.

Not sure if they remember 2-3 devices like all my other SoundPeats Neckbands or simply forget/repair each time.

Also the App in a nightmare to sign up to as the email box is just out of screen so you cannot type in it, I manage to get my email in by copy/pasting and messing about to finally hit the Verification Button.

I did not see any option to check/update Firmware, they have an EQ setting and a ANC setting which I assume does nothing on these.

Also same as Sonics in that QUALCOMM's claim of aptx-Adaptative being backwards compatible is bollocks as it falls back to aptX on my Moto Z2 Force instead of aptX-HD so if I listen to amazon HD or any Hi-Res it will be stuck with 16/44.1, I would be better of listening on my SoundPeats Force HD in aptX-HD.

The sound is not that great TBH (I would rather disable the EQ fully and use PowerAmp's EQ but you cannot)but the volume unlike the Sonics is pretty loud using SpinFits tips as none of the included tips are large enough for me as like the Sonics they did not include their XL tips.

I also found the FW setting in the SoundPeats App appears in very top of menu before you connect the earphones and disappears once connected, so I assume none are available"

EDIT : They are sounding ok now with SpinFits Tips and I am adjusted to the different sound from my other earbuds.

2) "
Fit is far better than the Sonics, instructions book is for the H1 not H1 Prem, not a big deal.

So far I discharged them once, not sure if they were fully charged but did say 100% but Right Bud dies with the Left Bus still at 30% which is not great for TWS Mirroring, my Sonics die within minutes of each other getting in the 0-10% battery range which is great.

I will condition the battery by charging/using/discharge them over the course of the week and test them overnight and I would hope to get at least 8 hours even though aptX on PC as Volume will not be anywhere near 60% for Brown Noise to sleep to."

3) "Again the Right Bud dies at 30%-40% ahead of the Left Bud so about 6-7 hours @ 31% Volume aptX during the night, so I doubt the will do the claimed 10hours @ 60% Volume SBC especially if the Left Bud is doing all the work as the Right seems to have poor battery or is not doing its fair share of the Mirroring.

The Right Bud turns off and the Left Bud keeps working and if you leave it 5-10 mins to recover some battery and turn off the Left Bud and connect the Right Bud it will not auto connect like the Sonics do in Mirroring Mode instead it will be seen in as an LE headset for you Pair to if you choose (at least I think this is what is going on)."

4) "I now think it is the TWS Mirroring which is not working as it does work fine on my Sonics on my Android and PC as it is done on the earbuds not the device unlike TWS+.

With aptX @ 80% Volume I took a screenshot as Right Bud died and Left Bud had 40% left, it then took 2 hours (I set the Android Stopwatch it said 2h 10s) till the Left Bud died so that is not useable no way and a waste of battery if one dies when other is still at 40% which is like the old Master/Slave system.

If you let it rest 5-10 mins you turn it back on you will see the at Left bud 40% and Right bud 10% then a after a few minutes the Right Bud will die again.

I will again try a few charge/discharge session but this looks like a bad battery in the Right bud, the Sonics can Mirror for each other so if any one is turned off the other after about 1sec takes over and when one dies the other will be at 10% or less and die within 5-10mins of each other but nowhere near the claimed 15hours ' 60% Vol SBC even at 31% aptX."

5) "Got an SoundPeats App update today but it looks exactly the same and still no way to check FW if the buds are connected that menu is not visible and is only visible if buds are not connected.

Adding to the Right Bud continues dropping battery 20-30% ahead of the Left Bud and I now have an Volume issue where it goes really low and the audio sound underwater/muddy like it is in LE Talk Mode (You will see an LE device next to H1 when you pair these).

I can turn Volume to 100% and its not that loud and still underwater/muddy, resetting in SoundPeats App did not fix it also re-pairing with Android and PC did not fix it and nothing fixed it till I did a full reset in the case and re-pairing to Android and PC is needed after doing this.

Today it happened again and I cannot get it to fix so I am done with these, they were rushed without proper testing.

I am back to my SoundPeats Force HD neckband and at least I have long battery (35hours) and I can have the aptX-HD option as QUALCOMM's claim is BS as aptX-Adaptive being backwards compatible as it does not fall back to HD but is on aptX (the same on Sonics).and reading comments from others for both Sonics and H1's it is the same on many different makes/models of phones so not me alone.

This was confirmed by Lenovo/Moto staff on their forum, on my Moto Z2 Force aptX Adaptive will not fall back to aptX-HD and will not on any phone unless the phone has both aptX-Adaptive and aptx-HD support.

I had a set of B&W P14's that were also aptX-Adaptive and I though they fell back to aptX-HD but I found out from above staff and using an App to see codecs they have the standalone aptX-HD codec as well as aptX-Adaptive.

So again so much for QUALCOMMS claim of backwards compatibility if you need the manufacturers to pay a license for more codecs."
Could you post the link with user feedback on the Kickstarter website? I would like to see replies from other users with similar issues and, of course, the official response from Soundpeats.

Did you see Ken Tanaka's video? What do you think? Have you tested your H1 with movies and TV programmes?

What other alternatives are there with aptX Adaptive, low latency and good sound and fit (reasonably priced under €100, I cannot afford the Noble Falcon 2, for example)?

Thanks again and good luck with your H1. If you can send them back and get a refund, I recommend it. I could not keep a product with those issues for sure.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #28,645 of 62,436
I watched many YT videos on Sonics and H1's the latency is not an issue with any of the reviews (I already linked someone a review on this topic) if you use aptX as its better than SBC or ACC for latency but if you still get it in movies since there is no aptX-LL now in aptX-Adaptive you can enter Game Mode which is even lower.

I never knew that brand you mentioned, looks similar specs but single driver for a higher price .

SOUNDPEATS H1: Best Sounding Hybrid Dual-Driver TWS Earbuds by SOUNDPEATS Audio — Kickstarter

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #28,646 of 62,436
Is there anyone who has been able to compare the sound and function of the Nuarl N6 Pro and the CA Melomania Touch?

1 Sound quality
2 Independent use of left or right earbud (I often only want one in when working and want to be able to switch ears and still use the phone)

It seems like many of the other top rated earbuds for sound are lacking criteria 2 and/or 3 (otherwise I would entertain Jabra, Sony, JBL, Bose, Tevi, etc.).

I know the Touch have had some connection issues that CA appears to be working hard to remedy. I currently have the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 and I find the fit and function to be perfect as I don't need ANC, but I find that there is a harshness in the treble that can't be tamed to my liking with the apps EQ.
JBL don't have ear hook but fit all your other criteria and seem comfortable

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #28,647 of 62,436
My experience was very similar to yours - I loved them after EQing, and don't mind the weaker ANC. I do wish they filtered for my voice a bit better, but otherwise I'm very sad I lost them and your post is making me think about buying them again - where's the best deal currently?
In Canada they are 217 or iabout 160 USD rght now but they will only ship in 1 to 4 weeks.

I like the sound of them alot but mine is having an issue with the Qi charging case. It doesn't work on ymchargong pad where all my others do. Seems to work on 1 of 3.
Also feel I need better tips as even the large is not best seal in my right ear. Found another tip that seals better bit it doesn't fit well in case

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #28,648 of 62,436

1 Sound quality

I had the N6 Pro and Liberty Pro 2 but returned them. It was awhile go. Unless something goes drastically wrong, I’ll be keeping the MT. Best I can say. The fit and SQ hit the sweet spot, and the FW update appears to have done the job.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #28,649 of 62,436
I watched many YT videos on Sonics and H1's the latency is not an issue with any of the reviews (I already linked someone a review on this topic) if you use aptX as its better than SBC or ACC for latency but if you still get it in movies since there is no aptX-LL now in aptX-Adaptive you can enter Game Mode which is even lower.

I never knew that brand you mentioned, looks similar specs but single driver for a higher price .

SOUNDPEATS H1: Best Sounding Hybrid Dual-Driver TWS Earbuds by SOUNDPEATS Audio — Kickstarter
Do you know any other alternatives with aptX Adaptive, low latency, good sound and fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back