Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #28,576 of 62,477
Interesting. How do they compare to the xm3?
Mids are more clear on the buds pro. Sound stage similar though. Sony sound feels a bit less natural and more electrotherapy amplified if that makes sense. Treble is higher in buds pro but feels a bit less of a bite if that makes sense.
If the Sony has for and were more stable I would have liked but given my plans to use for working out as well they were a bad choice with no IP and unstable for. Buds pro are hiring now so may not be good either but much more secure and IP x7

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #28,577 of 62,477
I have very high hopes for bass out of TWS now, as Galaxy Buds Pro has exemplified. I hope to see such driver design in the future, and I hope Samsung tames the treble with future iteration. It's interesting what you can get when these big companies tries to push something. You get dual dynamic driver TWS. Crazy.

I have high hopes for TWS sound quality to get better. Looking better with TWS than full-sized with AirPods Max, which hasn't really pushed the fidelity.

Samsung-Galaxy-Buds-Pro-Audio-Quality.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #28,578 of 62,477
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #28,579 of 62,477
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #28,580 of 62,477
I have very high hopes for bass out of TWS now, as Galaxy Buds Pro has exemplified. I hope to see such driver design in the future, and I hope Samsung tames the treble with future iteration. It's interesting what you can get when these big companies tries to push something. You get dual dynamic driver TWS. Crazy.

I have high hopes for TWS sound quality to get better. Looking better with TWS than full-sized with AirPods Max, which hasn't really pushed the fidelity.

Samsung-Galaxy-Buds-Pro-Audio-Quality.jpg
What Phone you using? I have a Samsung and just did their head test. Seems after activating that sounds profile on the phone the buds treble seems a little less bright.

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #28,581 of 62,477
Acourding to this poster on AvForum, CA will issue a firmware update in the upcoming days that should fix most problems with the Melomania touch :)

https://www.avforums.com/threads/cambridge-audio-melomania-touch.2337070/page-10#post-28877348

I'll order them straight away if most issues are solved.

I still use them daily. They sound awesome - bass slightly on heavy but that's my only complaint with sound quality. If the firmware solves the connection issue and the charging issue, my search is finished. If the issues continue then the Touch goes back. I gave it my all and been waiting patiently last 15 days since around January 7th.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #28,582 of 62,477
What Phone you using? I have a Samsung and just did their head test. Seems after activating that sounds profile on the phone the buds treble seems a little less bright.
Samsung, and I have some gripes about the new ones. They got rid of indicator LEDs which was hugely useful if anybody has used a phone with an led indicator. I don't know why battery drains quicker compared to LG phones.

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #28,584 of 62,477
Samsung, and I have some gripes about the new ones. They got rid of indicator LEDs which was hugely useful if anybody has used a phone with an led indicator. I don't know why battery drains quicker compared to LG phones.
So on Samsung make sure to have Dolby Atmos on. Also do the adapt sound. It will EQ your buds to your hearing. For my ears at least it made the rebel a bit less bright.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #28,585 of 62,477
I still use them daily. They sound awesome - bass slightly on heavy but that's my only complaint with sound quality. If the firmware solves the connection issue and the charging issue, my search is finished. If the issues continue then the Touch goes back. I gave it my all and been waiting patiently last 15 days since around January 7th.
Just wondering how awesome do they sound? I’ve read they sound better than any tws under 200 but how about the big boys? MTW2, Mw07 ? Do they sound better than those? I’m intrigued but ANC has become a “must” for me on TWS these days so I’m on the fence.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #28,587 of 62,477
Just wondering how awesome do they sound? I’ve read they sound better than any tws under 200 but how about the big boys? MTW2, Mw07 ? Do they sound better than those? I’m intrigued but ANC has become a “must” for me on TWS these days so I’m on the fence.

I can only compare it to Sony wf-1000xm3, Sennheiser cx400bt (same drivers as MTW2), and Technics AZ70. I feel Touch has similar sound signature to Sony. Not quite natural+neutral like the Senn or AZ70, but definitely a lot of fun to listen to.

Lows: Senn > Touch > Sony > AZ70
Mids: Senn = AZ70 > Touch > Sony
Highs: Senn > AZ70 > Sony > Touch
On overall sound quality, I would go Senn > CA Touch > Technics > Sony.

My overall preference considering everything including price & features & fit/comfort: Touch > Sony > Technics > Senn.

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #28,589 of 62,477
Think my.samsungs are going back my ears can't take the pain despite loving the sound.

The JBL club pro on sale for about 170usd. I know there is a new tour + model coming out in may but doesn't sound like much is changing...

Same drivers same 3 mic system for calls same battery life.
Only thing sounding new was hands free voice assistant.

Anyone know of any other changes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back