Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #28,397 of 62,453
Oh god, just received Fiil T1 Lite and i'm DONE listening to reviews, especially from Scarbir.
Nothing comes close to my old 14$-23$ ZS6/ZSR + 12$ buggy Kz adapter.

I'm not going to spend more time and money on China TWS, unless it's a very good hybrid effort with good battery from KZ.

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #28,398 of 62,453
sorry, I caved...

Just couldn't let the AZ70 sit there for a week plus unused. I like them to much. :xf_cool: So until the bloom wears of I won't be able to tell if my case discharges over time.

On the flip side I am sitting here happily listening to music while I work... :wink:

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #28,399 of 62,453
Got my MT today.
Connectivity works perfectly well. App is not the best but don't really need it once you get the hang of the touch controls. Very comfortable, super sound. The sounddddd wow! Audiophile indeed.
Sits very well in my ear and the transparency mode also work nicely if your GF calling you from the kitchen :)
Firmware update went well. Followed instructions and charged the pair before first pairing!
which true wireless is MT?

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #28,401 of 62,453
So I got the RMA for the Melomania Touch. I have 30 days. To return them. I just started listening to them and I hate to return them. They sound so fine.

Based on the app, the left bud is 100 percent and the right is 50 percent. Same as before. I wonder if the app is just reading it wrong? Also, I keep them in the case when not in use and my usage is usually less than an hour.

In terms of connectvity. The left one goes on right away, but I have to power the right one on using the touch pad (hold it down for a few seconds). After than, never drops the signal.

Anyway, I need more time with them, see how it goes. If they stay where they are, I'm probably going to keep them. And no ANC? Not a problem. I am typing away and can't hear the keyboard at all (and it's not a quiet one).

Again, the sound is just so fine. I know, not very detailed analysis. But sometimes it's just an ear/hearing thing. I have no analytic chops.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #28,402 of 62,453
Listening to Paradise Circus from Massive Attch and have to say the AZ70 slays this song for me. There is a bass line throughout the song and the AZ70 captures it beautifully. Every strum is felt but never overwhelms the song. This is why for me, the AZ70 work so well as most of my headphones and IEM's would over emphasize this and while it would be good in a droning sort of way it just would not act in the same percussive fashion. BTW I posted this using my computer and when I listened to the song on the PC it sounded horrible. I hope this is just a testament to my crappy built in laptop speakers :wink: .

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #28,403 of 62,453
Oh god, just received Fiil T1 Lite and i'm DONE listening to reviews, especially from Scarbir.
Nothing comes close to my old 14$-23$ ZS6/ZSR + 12$ buggy Kz adapter.

I'm not going to spend more time and money on China TWS, unless it's a very good hybrid effort with good battery from KZ.

This is surprising. I have the Fiil T1 Pro and find myself reaching for these more than higher priced iem. The highs are slightly bright but personally this doesn't bother me.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #28,404 of 62,453
This is surprising. I have the Fiil T1 Pro and find myself reaching for these more than higher priced iem. The highs are slightly bright but personally this doesn't bother me.

The Fiil's got nice seperation and some potential for dark sounding genres.
But electric guitars and bright synths? Just no.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #28,405 of 62,453
New Samsung buds are up for pre-order btw for $200. Not sure how they will be but will keep an eye out for reviews

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #28,406 of 62,453
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #28,407 of 62,453
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #28,408 of 62,453
1More ANC Pro is being announced today/tomorrow! Yet another reason I should return the loose-fitting originals... These look like they'd fit my ears better.

https://www.ces.tech/Innovation-Awa...-True-Wireless-ANC-Pro-In-Ear-Headphones.aspx
Thanks for reminding. The award winners were the first thing I posted about then I forgot about them. So, the JBL Tour is not the only real exciting thing since the 1More would be as well and the Earin if you want bud style. I posted about the Helm winning an award as well but they are a not so exciting stem design. The new Kenwood comes out tomorrow and seems cool with 10mm BE drivers and no app needed adjusting of ambient and noise cancelling amounts and other creature comforts being labeled a "smart headset".

Not many exciting CES announcements yet. Have TWS peaked?

Nope. Sure Covid has hurt some I'm sure and killed the schedule and slowed down the new BT5.2 LE stuff so it more like the old standard has peaked but the new one couldn't make its appearance in time for CES. Sony did say they would have something and it got derailed. Noble is still brand new, the touch when all worked out, the new Kenwood, and Aviot and the Nuarl ANC should come to the US soon. More new stuff is out there but just not at CES. Not reached the peak as more and more will fit in good amp chips like the Touch plus LC3+ and better battery and more features.

A better way to look at it is this is the calm before the storm when things get rolling.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #28,410 of 62,453
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back