Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #26,956 of 63,209
guys, how are the Senheiser True Momentum Wireless 2 Earbuds? I can get them on sale for $229 US but Im still worried since I dont know if these are the best sounding musical TWS on the market right now. I think alot of the China brands have closed the gap in audio quality?....thoughts? I dont want to spend 229 if these arent the best sounding TWs on the market right now

please share your thoughts
Sound is subjective. What I think is phenomenal, you may not. That said, I have these and I'm rocking out with them now. One of my favorite true wireless earbuds I own. For that price, they are a steal. You get what you pay for IMO. Coming from a Jersey native :)

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #26,957 of 63,209
I've been using the 85t's for a few days and, while at first I thought I wasn't getting a good fit, I now think one of the advances in these earphones is that they work well with an intentionally shallow fit. These earphones don't (and aren't supposed to) "seal" the way the 75t's or most other IEMs do. As a result, they're very comfortable. Thanks to the very large driver they sound terrific without a seal -- and although YMMV I find the bass to be terrific. The trade off is the loss of passive noise reduction -- but the active noise reduction does a very good job making up for that. It's just a different paradigm. They really are a re-imagining of the TWS category.
I was just thinking about this before checking out the forum. I’m so used to jamming all the various elite Buds in my ear as far as possible while “twisting” to get a good seal. That’s kind of what I’ve been doing with the 85t’s. I guess I’m
Confused as to how far into the ear canal the tips of these are supposed to go. And if you should still twist them while them pushing in. I’d love to hear any tips (no pun intended) as to the best technique to insert these buds to get the best fit and sound.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #26,958 of 63,209
"I’d really appreciate it if you would be kind enough to try some of the tips you have on hand. Even if you don’t know the model, if you find some that work and can take a pic of them, I’m sure I can track them down and order them.

What size of the stock tips are you using now?Are you able to tweak the sound a bit more to your liking by using an equalizer. Some of my true wireless buds have terrible low end sound and I’ve found a great iOS EQ app that works seamlessly with Spotify (which is my main source of music) and has a million features, including importing external music for playback."

I am experimenting with the small tips pushed a little further in the ear canal. I did get them exchanged at Best Buy and my first pair were definitely defective. All of those fit with a little finesse. Not sure if the red ones are spinfit or not. These are the ones I had on hand.
Are you referring to the Jabra small size 85t tips? I’m actually thinking of trying the same thing. The bigger ones are killing my ears since I think I’m pushing them into my ear canals further than they’re meant to go.

Thanks for the picture. Those are the medium sized Spinfit CP100’s. Actually have those snd the large size somewhere around here.

Glad you were able to get your defective 85t’s swapped out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #26,959 of 63,209
I was just looking for someone else who had signed up! I think I'm gonna do the same.

Also a quick question for the wider community: I've read about issues with static interference in ambient mode on earbuds before but never actually had the problem myself. Any mifo o5, o4 or o9 owners confirm if it's a widespread problem?

It's unbearable - like the sound you used to get if you left your mobile phone near your speaker, a constant bip bip bip. I almost tolerated it as the fit is so good but I do use ambient mode quite a bit so would find it annoying eventually....is it a design issue or an isolated fault?
I have two Mifo 05's (DD version and BA version) and have never experienced that issue you’re describing.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #26,961 of 63,209
Question for the 85t owners...without using the Jabra app, how do you turn off ANC and/or hear through to just get “normal sound”? In the button mapping section of the Jabra App, the only option related to this is setting a toggle between ANC and hear through. There’s no “normal sound” setting (like on the AirPod Pros). So, once I’ve used ANC and/or hear through, the only way I’ve found to turn both off and get back to “normal sound” is having to go into the Jabra off and turn ANC/hear through off manually.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #26,962 of 63,209
Do you know if the enhanced mode is available only on the Android app or if it’s on the iOS version as well?
I'm on iOS and have it :)

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #26,964 of 63,209
I have laugh, when I signed up for the Status Between Pro, they had it set as 350 available, then they increased it to 500, now its up to 650. Classic marketing technic. A bit annoying. But glad they are allowing more people to get it at the intro price. I have a feeling this is going to sound good. No reason for that but I just have a feeling...

Can you confirm where did you see the quoted price? I do see in their home page that the retail price is going to be 169$!

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #26,965 of 63,209

Attachments

• 7B487E90-4CAB-43CE-A2AD-312DEFA46EFF.jpeg
    7B487E90-4CAB-43CE-A2AD-312DEFA46EFF.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #26,966 of 63,209
Oct 28, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #26,968 of 63,209
JVC's first ANC model will be about $99 and be IPX4, have "touch and talk", 10mm driver, full controls, FPC antenna, SBC/AAC, get 6/24 hours with ANC and 8/32 ANC off, are USB C, and come with two pair of foam tips.
1603888269942.png
1603888286497.png

1603888297888.png
1603888307661.png

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #26,969 of 63,209
So, my Shure RMCE-TW1 adapter arrived and I used it for a bit with my Tin Hifi T2 Plus.
See here if you want to read more: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-rmce-tw1-shure-cuts-the-cord.928960/page-24#post-15943351

While I like the adapter in many ways, the buttons are so bad, that I doubt I'll stick with it. That leads me to the question:
Are the Sennheiser MTW2 with the new high end sound tuning the best to get as an Android user (needs aptX)?
And do those have multi-pair?

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #26,970 of 63,209
Really frustrated with the Jabra 85t s. On paper they blow away the 75s, larger driver, hybrid mics, wireless charging,etc. To my layman ears I just can’t see it. It’s like everything they did has a drawback. For example the oval shape is uncomfortable, they lack the balance and pitch adjustability option for ANC, the case is larger for chi charging, they pop and crackle between mode changes. It’s like they are half baked, future updates might help the later. I can look past all that if the sound just blew me away but it doesn’t. I only perceive a slightly wider soundstage and a little more detail. I just can’t justify the cost.
Anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back