Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #26,941 of 62,967
I have a few spinfits I can try and let you know. I'm not sure I can find the exact model of them though. I prefer things to work "out of the box". There is a big difference in the sound between the 75t and 85t. The 75 being much warmer. I do believe when people state that the 85t have a more true or balanced sound, but that kind of thing doesn't matter to me if I don't like it.

I'm starting to suspect my 85ts are not working properly, I can detect some white noise in the right ear and lots of speaker flex when switching between anc modes.
I’d really appreciate it if you would be kind enough to try some of the tips you have on hand. Even if you don’t know the model, if you find some that work and can take a pic of them, I’m sure I can track them down and order them.

What size of the stock tips are you using now?Are you able to tweak the sound a bit more to your liking by using an equalizer. Some of my true wireless buds have terrible low end sound and I’ve found a great iOS EQ app that works seamlessly with Spotify (which is my main source of music) and has a million features, including importing external music for playback.

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with the 85t’s. Did you purchase them locally whereby you can exchange them for another set or do you think you’ll just return them?

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #26,942 of 62,967
Thanks for the reply. That’s disappointing as I had high hopes for these. Somewhere in this thread a forum member with the 85t’s mentioned having found some spin fits that fit them and create a better seal. Can’t seem to find the post at the moment. Also don’t think the model/type of spin fits was listed...
I've been using the 85t's for a few days and, while at first I thought I wasn't getting a good fit, I now think one of the advances in these earphones is that they work well with an intentionally shallow fit. These earphones don't (and aren't supposed to) "seal" the way the 75t's or most other IEMs do. As a result, they're very comfortable. Thanks to the very large driver they sound terrific without a seal -- and although YMMV I find the bass to be terrific. The trade off is the loss of passive noise reduction -- but the active noise reduction does a very good job making up for that. It's just a different paradigm. They really are a re-imagining of the TWS category.

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #26,943 of 62,967
I’d really appreciate it if you would be kind enough to try some of the tips you have on hand. Even if you don’t know the model, if you find some that work and can take a pic of them, I’m sure I can track them down and order them.

What size of the stock tips are you using now?Are you able to tweak the sound a bit more to your liking by using an equalizer. Some of my true wireless buds have terrible low end sound and I’ve found a great iOS EQ app that works seamlessly with Spotify (which is my main source of music) and has a million features, including importing external music for playback.

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with the 85t’s. Did you purchase them locally whereby you can exchange them for another set or do you think you’ll just return them?

Spinfit tips are usually color coded. You could probably reach out to them as well. I recall them being pretty responsive. For true wireless I think Spinfit has the CP360 and CP100z (CP360 is shorter so it fits in more cases). You really need to try them for yourself though since the shape of everyone's ears are different.

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #26,944 of 62,967
I've been using the 85t's for a few days and, while at first I thought I wasn't getting a good fit, I now think one of the advances in these earphones is that they work well with an intentionally shallow fit. These earphones don't (and aren't supposed to) "seal" the way the 75t's or most other IEMs do. As a result, they're very comfortable. Thanks to the very large driver they sound terrific without a seal -- and although YMMV I find the bass to be terrific. The trade off is the loss of passive noise reduction -- but the active noise reduction does a very good job making up for that. It's just a different paradigm. They really are a re-imagining of the TWS category.
Spinfit tips are usually color coded. You could probably reach out to them as well. I recall them being pretty responsive. For true wireless I think Spinfit has the CP360 and CP100z (CP360 is shorter so it fits in more cases). You really need to try them for yourself though since the shape of everyone's ears are different.
[/QU
Thanks for the helpful info. I can’t seem to find the CP100z’s on Amazon, only the CP360’s. I need to do some research and see if they’ve been discontinued.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #26,945 of 62,967
I sold my original MTW2 in favor of the N400 a few months ago but now the MTW2 with the new enhanced sound mode has caught my interest so I just grabbed a set off of eBay. Looking forward to hearing whether this DSP mode can take these to the next level. I still love the N400 but they've taken a back seat to the Bose largely due to the fact that they never seem charged when I need them.

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #26,946 of 62,967
"I’d really appreciate it if you would be kind enough to try some of the tips you have on hand. Even if you don’t know the model, if you find some that work and can take a pic of them, I’m sure I can track them down and order them.

What size of the stock tips are you using now?Are you able to tweak the sound a bit more to your liking by using an equalizer. Some of my true wireless buds have terrible low end sound and I’ve found a great iOS EQ app that works seamlessly with Spotify (which is my main source of music) and has a million features, including importing external music for playback."

I am experimenting with the small tips pushed a little further in the ear canal. I did get them exchanged at Best Buy and my first pair were definitely defective. All of those fit with a little finesse. Not sure if the red ones are spinfit or not. These are the ones I had on hand. 20201027_161455.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #26,947 of 62,967
Uggghhh all of this is making me want to try the 75T Active's too
I am experimenting with the small tips pushed a little further in the ear canal. I did get them exchanged at Best Buy and my first pair were definitely defective. All of those fit with a little finesse. Not sure if the red ones are spinfit or not. These are the ones I had on hand.20201027_161455.jpg

How would you describe the defect? I am hearing some oddities with my 85T but I can't tell if it's just due to some weird handoff between my phone AAC and laptop SBC and call sources. Just a little crackling etc.

All this talk about the 75T and I'm thinking of getting them for exercise....

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #26,948 of 62,967
Hi all, considering that 11/11 and Black Friday are coming up, do you have any recommendations what to watch out for in the low to mid-range price range?
Based on reviews I'm thinking about getting the Haylou GT1 Plus for occasional outside listening since they can be grabbed at ~$20 these days, but not really sure how much should I expect in terms of SQ. Is there anything better sounding in the sub-$50 price range?

Also, did the situation change and is there currently something anywhere close to VSonic GR07 or similar in terms of SQ in the TWS world regardless of price?

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #26,949 of 62,967
a lot of mixed reviews for the 85t. I wonder how much of it is due to what seems to be poor fit/isolation. Also, does the new "vent" make them semi-open like the Bose Sport or is is far more modest and still mostly closed?

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #26,950 of 62,967
Uggghhh all of this is making me want to try the 75T Active's too

How would you describe the defect? I am hearing some oddities with my 85T but I can't tell if it's just due to some weird handoff between my phone AAC and laptop SBC and call sources. Just a little crackling etc.

All this talk about the 75T and I'm thinking of getting them for exercise....
It was obvious, sounded like a sea shell against my right ear. Had other people confirm what I was hearing. I think jabra are known for uneven connect/disconnect anomalies. Occasional bass thud and such.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #26,951 of 62,967
Hi all, considering that 11/11 and Black Friday are coming up, do you have any recommendations what to watch out for in the low to mid-range price range?
Based on reviews I'm thinking about getting the Haylou GT1 Plus for occasional outside listening since they can be grabbed at ~$20 these days, but not really sure how much should I expect in terms of SQ. Is there anything better sounding in the sub-$50 price range?

Also, did the situation change and is there currently something anywhere close to VSonic GR07 or similar in terms of SQ in the TWS world regardless of price?

FF1D67FA-11F1-4E9C-9B5B-0E7572275A61.jpeg

Haylou GT1 plus is very good indoor TWS with balanced sound signature.
Soundpeats Truedot is a good outdoor TWS with very nice sub-bass extension.
I feel GT1 plus’ passive isolation is quite good so I want to recommend it over the truedot.
In terms of resolution, they are good but still not quite resolving as similarly price wired IEMs.
(KZ, TRN, NiceHCK etc)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #26,952 of 62,967
Decided to give the Status Between Pro a try at their $79 early bird price. Hopefully they sound good and hopefully they have a few more features than advertised.

As it was they tacked on $15 for shipping because I am in Canada, so my cost ended up being $125cad so not exactly a steal.

Might regret the decision but will now have to wait and see.

Just noticed they have transparency mode. Thats going to be useful. If they are more balanced than the L2P I will pretty happy. If they have ANC and just forgot mention it I would be ecstatic lol. Not likely though... :wink:

One more point I missed. These also support multipoint functionality so can have them see to use my computer and phone at the same. Very nice feature.

Untel they arrive I am going to enjoy my XB700 and the L2P.
I was just looking for someone else who had signed up! I think I'm gonna do the same.

Also a quick question for the wider community: I've read about issues with static interference in ambient mode on earbuds before but never actually had the problem myself. Any mifo o5, o4 or o9 owners confirm if it's a widespread problem?

It's unbearable - like the sound you used to get if you left your mobile phone near your speaker, a constant bip bip bip. I almost tolerated it as the fit is so good but I do use ambient mode quite a bit so would find it annoying eventually....is it a design issue or an isolated fault?

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #26,953 of 62,967
I sold my original MTW2 in favor of the N400 a few months ago but now the MTW2 with the new enhanced sound mode has caught my interest so I just grabbed a set off of eBay. Looking forward to hearing whether this DSP mode can take these to the next level. I still love the N400 but they've taken a back seat to the Bose largely due to the fact that they never seem charged when I need them.
Zero complains with the new enhanced mode. Pretty impressive actually. I returned my Bose.

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #26,954 of 62,967
I have laugh, when I signed up for the Status Between Pro, they had it set as 350 available, then they increased it to 500, now its up to 650. Classic marketing technic. A bit annoying. But glad they are allowing more people to get it at the intro price. I have a feeling this is going to sound good. No reason for that but I just have a feeling...
This is the kind of lies in marketing I cannot stand.
Call me crazy, but I am a person with principles and as such, I hereby promise to never purchase ANY of their product even if they someday product the perfect TWS with godly comfort and SQ and offer it to me for free.

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #26,955 of 62,967
guys, how are the Senheiser True Momentum Wireless 2 Earbuds? I can get them on sale for $229 US but Im still worried since I dont know if these are the best sounding musical TWS on the market right now. I think alot of the China brands have closed the gap in audio quality?....thoughts? I dont want to spend 229 if these arent the best sounding TWs on the market right now

please share your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back