Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #26,926 of 62,822
Tronsmart Spunky Beats, onyx neo and onyx free.
Kissrael K18/anbes 359
Bomaker sifi

The Galaxy Buds+ fit nicely as well. My Air-XR's fit even better, I prefer their fit over the T2+ personally. Ymmv.

Se425, 534 or 846 are of course options, Westones W-series & UM/AM pro lines, Shozy Neo CP. Audiosense T180/T260/T300 (I'd probably try the T260), MDK-ESS/Pizen ASY and the previously mentioned Tin T2+. Edit: Fiio has a few too iirc, like the F9.

LZ A7 maybe, not sure if the piezo in it will need more power than the adapter can provide. I asked in the A7 thread if they were power hungry but no response yet.

I'm a fan of these 'bean' shaped shells as they are typically way more comfortable and fit way better than the semi-custom shaped universal shells.
awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. Quite the variety to choose from which i'm happy about. yeah i love my Anbes 359, gonna have to finally reglue the left iem's button. It's moving on me a bit after 17 months of use. Yeah i do have quite a few pairs to listen to, but they and the MTW1 get used the most. Miss the spunky Beats great sq, isolation and form factor. Would potentially look at Galaxy buds plus or live, but not in the samsung sandbox so imo they aren't worth getting with no aptx or even aac.

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #26,927 of 62,822
Tronsmart Spunky Beats, onyx neo and onyx free.
Kissrael K18/anbes 359
Bomaker sifi

The Galaxy Buds+ fit nicely as well. My Air-XR's fit even better, I prefer their fit over the T2+ personally. Ymmv.

Se425, 534 or 846 are of course options, Westones W-series & UM/AM pro lines, Shozy Neo CP. Audiosense T180/T260/T300 (I'd probably try the T260), MDK-ESS/Pizen ASY and the previously mentioned Tin T2+. Edit: Fiio has a few too iirc, like the F9.

LZ A7 maybe, not sure if the piezo in it will need more power than the adapter can provide. I asked in the A7 thread if they were power hungry but no response yet.

I'm a fan of these 'bean' shaped shells as they are typically way more comfortable and fit way better than the semi-custom shaped universal shells.
Thanks for recommendation!

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #26,928 of 62,822
Would potentially look at Galaxy buds plus or live, but not in the samsung sandbox so imo they aren't worth getting with no aptx or even aac.

IIRC both have AAC, Samsung scalable and cripled SBC. Just no APT-X.

I had both the Buds+ & Buds Live and used them on my Android phone with AAC.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #26,930 of 62,822
Are any of those comparable to the T2+ in sound as well?
The Buds+ didn't fit me at all.

I don't believe so. You may be better served by picking up a BT20 or BT20S and using it with your T2+.

I used my BT20S with my T2+. I know @chinmie did as well. Although he may be using the BT20S Pro with them now.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #26,931 of 62,822
I don't believe so. You may be better served by picking up a BT20 or BT20S and using it with your T2+.

I used my BT20S with my T2+. I know @chinmie did as well. Although he may be using the BT20S Pro with them now.
Since I would really like to have some kind of environment/ambient mode, I'm stuck with the Shure TW1 (probably arriving today) then. Or maybe the upcoming FiiO UTWS3 (any thoughts on this one? The new one, not the UTWS1).

So with the T2+, there is no real "true TWS" alternative? So I'm better of with wired IEM + TWS adapter?
Upgrading the IEM at some point may be nice as well.

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #26,932 of 62,822
Since I would really like to have some kind of environment/ambient mode, I'm stuck with the Shure TW1 (probably arriving today) then. Or maybe the upcoming FiiO UTWS3 (any thoughts on this one? The new one, not the UTWS1).

So with the T2+, there is no real "true TWS" alternative? So I'm better of with wired IEM + TWS adapter?
Upgrading the IEM at some point may be nice as well.

You could do something like the Smabat M1 pro and a BT20/BT20S, or any other MMCX earbud that would work with the angled connectors.

Earbuds are way more natural for ambient awareness than any ambient mode.

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #26,933 of 62,822
You could do something like the Smabat M1 pro and a BT20/BT20S, or any other MMCX earbud that would work with the angled connectors.

Earbuds are way more natural for ambient awareness than any ambient mode.
Hey, thanks a lot. And I'm totally aware of that, but I also want to use them for commuting, so isolation is needed.
Basically I'm trying to find something that works for everything (commuting, awareness, calls, classical music). :p

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #26,934 of 62,822
Decided to give the Status Between Pro a try at their $79 early bird price. Hopefully they sound good and hopefully they have a few more features than advertised.

As it was they tacked on $15 for shipping because I am in Canada, so my cost ended up being $125cad so not exactly a steal.

Might regret the decision but will now have to wait and see.

Just noticed they have transparency mode. Thats going to be useful. If they are more balanced than the L2P I will pretty happy. If they have ANC and just forgot mention it I would be ecstatic lol. Not likely though... :wink:

One more point I missed. These also support multipoint functionality so can have them see to use my computer and phone at the same. Very nice feature.

Untel they arrive I am going to enjoy my XB700 and the L2P.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #26,935 of 62,822
Difference in case size for the Jabra 75t and 85t. For anyone that might like to know. 20201027_112153.jpg20201027_112143.jpg

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #26,937 of 62,822
Has anyone with the 85t’s found any ear tips that fit them? Even the largest stock tip is not creating a good deal. Thanks in advance!
I have not. So far the 75T is much more comfortable in my ears. I'm hesitant to say this because of the popularity, but I'm not really liking the 85T's. I think the 75T is the sweet spot especially considering the price.

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #26,938 of 62,822
I have not. So far the 75T is much more comfortable in my ears. I'm hesitant to say this because of the popularity, but I'm not really liking the 85T's. I think the 75T is the sweet spot especially considering the price.
Thanks for the reply. That’s disappointing as I had high hopes for these. Somewhere in this thread a forum member with the 85t’s mentioned having found some spin fits that fit them and create a better seal. Can’t seem to find the post at the moment. Also don’t think the model/type of spin fits was listed...

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #26,939 of 62,822
I have a few spinfits I can try and let you know. I'm not sure I can find the exact model of them though. I prefer things to work "out of the box". There is a big difference in the sound between the 75t and 85t. The 75 being much warmer. I do believe when people state that the 85t have a more true or balanced sound, but that kind of thing doesn't matter to me if I don't like it.

I'm starting to suspect my 85ts are not working properly, I can detect some white noise in the right ear and lots of speaker flex when switching between anc modes.

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #26,940 of 62,822
I have laugh, when I signed up for the Status Between Pro, they had it set as 350 available, then they increased it to 500, now its up to 650. Classic marketing technic. A bit annoying. But glad they are allowing more people to get it at the intro price. I have a feeling this is going to sound good. No reason for that but I just have a feeling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back