Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 26, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #26,911 of 62,601
I’m a huge fan, particularly paired w a warmer dap (right now using the cayin N6). Yeah for was tricky for me too until I got the xelastic tips. For the first few days of trying em they’re a bit sticky and uncomfortable, but after a bit of use they almost mold to your inner ear shape and now the mests are super comfy for me.

Will also be doing a thie clairvoyance review at some point when I find the time.

If you like the L3s then I almost want to recommend the 85ts. They’re not bassier than the L3, and in some ways they’re better *cough* treble extension. Also they’re very comfy for me and I have small ears, and they don’t go too deep though ymmv.

Damn sorry to hear that man. I’m sure it’ll be less than a month once Jabra actually fully stocks them. It’s tough not to hype the 85ts though hahah. I usually do not like how jabra tunes their audio products at all, even some of their wireless headphones I’ve tried over the past few years, but these are really just shocking to me how good they sound. I was expecting the features to be good to some extent, but I’m just consistently surprised but the SQ. Only thing is I do EQ down the lower highs a little.

Actually, here’s my current EQ profile for the 85ts for those interested:

Hi,

Could you let me know about the wind noise with 85T's? Are they a good pair for biking?

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #26,913 of 62,601
Iam assuming that Jabra will release the active version of the 85t in the near future... I don't know why they don't release it simultaneously with the regular version though..
Because they want you to buy both. Classic marketing strategy and ultimately annoying for the consumer. They know the active will outsell the regular 5 to 1. Once they are both available, why would anyone bother with the regular.

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #26,914 of 62,601
Is there any TWS option out there with similar fit to the Shure shells or the Tin Hifi T2 Plus? I have a really hard time to get good fit.
Sound wise I like the Moondrop Starfield, Thie Audio Legacy 3 and the Tin Hifi T2 Plus.

Tronsmart Spunky Beats, onyx neo and onyx free.
Kissrael K18/anbes 359
Bomaker sifi

The Galaxy Buds+ fit nicely as well. My Air-XR's fit even better, I prefer their fit over the T2+ personally. Ymmv.

I'm actually looking for some Iems to pair with the Shure adapter that have that same form factor as the 215, SE425 etc.

Se425, 534 or 846 are of course options, Westones W-series & UM/AM pro lines, Shozy Neo CP. Audiosense T180/T260/T300 (I'd probably try the T260), MDK-ESS/Pizen ASY and the previously mentioned Tin T2+. Edit: Fiio has a few too iirc, like the F9.

LZ A7 maybe, not sure if the piezo in it will need more power than the adapter can provide. I asked in the A7 thread if they were power hungry but no response yet.

I'm a fan of these 'bean' shaped shells as they are typically way more comfortable and fit way better than the semi-custom shaped universal shells.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #26,915 of 62,601
I think 85Ts ANC is on pair Bose QCs. Not better though. Passive isolation is better for sure, especially with spin fit tips I am using.
I had no complains from people to whom I called with ether one.
Which Spinfit model tips are you using on the 85t’s? In addition to the improved ANC with the Spinfits, do you notice any difference in sound quality vs the 85t stick tips? I’ve got the old but trusty CP-100’s for IEM’s, the CP-360’s which I use on a bunch of my TWS Buds, and the CP-1025’s for the APP’s. Hoping one of these will work!

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #26,917 of 62,601
Ooof that's a bit steep. I would still say you wouldn't be disappointed by the SQ, but that's a bit much for my liking particularly if there are other options that are more reasonable. Can you get a hold of the Lypertek TEVIs for a decent price? Those are another relatively flat / neutral w a hint of bass boost that you might like. Definitely great detail and staging for the price. Very pleasant tuning.

Bass is definitely more controlled on the 85ts, and I see where you're coming from. The sub extension is not super emphasized, and there's a strong mid bass focus. I still think it extends pretty well though. You didn't find the 75's bass to be bloated? I'm all for strong bass, but the bass on those to me felt like they just overpowered the mids and I couldn't fix it with EQ without messing up the tonality. Also to me the 85ts are a solid step up for detail retrieval, and the bass has more tone definition and texture. What tips are you using? I had to go to the big ones to get a proper seal.

Great to get your impressions since I'm going from memory with the 75s.

To me I'm really enjoying the overall SQ of the 85ts. Very balanced with a nice open stage for TWS, not too mid forward, nice extension in the highs, and still has good punchiness in the bass for me without being overwhelming. Also the features and connectivity are just.. fantastic. Particularly in such a small package.
Do the 85t’s protrude out from the ears a lot more than the 75t’s? The 85t’s appear to be a little bigger than the 75t’s but not sure if they “seat” differently in the ear.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #26,919 of 62,601
Hmm, interesting. I also hear a lot of good opinions on those (and their predecessors).

EDIT 1: What's the difference between the "active" and "non active" versions in the Jabra Elite lineup?
EDIT 2: Still no aptX? Why does noone ever think of Android users? :frowning2:

Yeah lack of AptX is frustrating. I’m working off an iPhone and Windows computer that doesn’t have AptX so it doesn’t affect me. I know that SBC has improved a lot in the past year or so but it’s still no AptX.

Hi,

Could you let me know about the wind noise with 85T's? Are they a good pair for biking?

Haven’t used them for biking, but I think someone on this thread said that they do pick up quite a bit of wind noise when biking. They pick up a little on a breezy day but I’ve found that it deals with wind noise pretty well overall under circumstances. Maybe not great for biking until Jabra updates these like Sony did with the xm3s to deal with strong wind noise better.

Do the 85t’s protrude out from the ears a lot more than the 75t’s? The 85t’s appear to be a little bigger than the 75t’s but not sure if they “seat” differently in the ear.

They protrude a little more than the originals for me, but it’s not too much. They still look sleek and small compared with most other TWS on the market, and particularly compared w those that offer ANC.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #26,920 of 62,601
One are where 85t has regressed from 75t is 85t is just ipx4 while 75t is ip55. elite active 75t is ip57. I guess ipx4 is good enough to be used for workouts but I dont know Jabra has made it worse.

Most buds that have hardware based ANC are ipx4 bc they require external microphones that usually create more failure points when exposed to water / external particles. Previous Jabra buds did not have hybrid external noise cancelling mics so they were easier to seal :)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #26,921 of 62,601
Most buds that have hardware based ANC are ipx4 bc they require external microphones that usually create more failure points when exposed to water / external particles. Previous Jabra buds did not have hybrid external noise cancelling mics so they were easier to seal :)

I didn't think about this. Do you think the 85T active will have a lower IP rating compared to past versions? In that case I might as well consider picking up the 75T Active instead. Although I did try the regular 75T when they first came out, I found the bass to be a bloated mess and ended up returning them. That might've been premature though as everyone has been saying that this was addressed with future firmware updates..

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #26,922 of 62,601
Hybrid ANC adds internal microphones so I don't think that would be the reason for a lower rating since the external microphones are going to be there anyway. I wonder if the 75Ts already had non activated internal mics since their ANC is described as excellent.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #26,923 of 62,601
Lots of good true wireless coming out, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon of searching for the holy grail! In the past I've tried the Earin M-2, Jabra 75t, AirPods Pro, Jaybird Run, and have been unhappy with all of them. Recently I acquired the Bose QuietComfort and the Jabra 85T.

The QC are REALLY good, great isolation, great noise cancelling, great sound, and will NOT fall out. But the little fin that holds the earbuds in irritates my ear (earritates?).

The Jabra 85t are totally the opposite. Poor isolation which then contributes to poor noise cancelling and poor sound quality. And nothing keeps these guys in my ear, even with the largest tips.

Does anyone have a suggestion for eartips for the Jabras that would be worth trying before I send them back?

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #26,924 of 62,601
Lots of good true wireless coming out, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon of searching for the holy grail! In the past I've tried the Earin M-2, Jabra 75t, AirPods Pro, Jaybird Run, and have been unhappy with all of them. Recently I acquired the Bose QuietComfort and the Jabra 85T.

The QC are REALLY good, great isolation, great noise cancelling, great sound, and will NOT fall out. But the little fin that holds the earbuds in irritates my ear (earritates?).

The Jabra 85t are totally the opposite. Poor isolation which then contributes to poor noise cancelling and poor sound quality. And nothing keeps these guys in my ear, even with the largest tips.

Does anyone have a suggestion for eartips for the Jabras that would be worth trying before I send them back?
Yep, seems as if you are not getting a good seal. I can put mine in a vigorously shake my head and get no movement at all. Mine are close to a complete seal I just wish my tips are a little bit bigger to get sealed. They sound good but if I push down a little bit to get a good seal they sound phenomenal. They might make number 1 of all the ones I have.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #26,925 of 62,601

The generic foam APP tips may work. Also the APP Xelastec tips. Depending on the actual nozzle design and dimensions. Both will need to be removed from their oval APP adapters.

Since they are on oval shaped adapters they become round when removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back