Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #26,611 of 62,165
Got the earfun air pros coming Monday. Will give impressions :)

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #26,612 of 62,165
Good to know, I haven't tried the Xelastec models yet, the Short's were working for me.

Do you mean the AirPods Pro Xlastec? Those look like they have an extra large stepped opening to accommodate the AirPods Pro new model with the large flange fitting.

Which Bud's are you trying to fit, the Beans? Do the "Beans" have a larger flange too, like the AirPod Pro's?

The Buds/Buds+ were normal throated just like any IEM - so that large opening might not work on the regular Bud's/Bud+'s... please let us know how they work out. :)

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=azla+Xelastec

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC for Airpods Pro / 2 Pairs (Size ML)
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-SednaEarfit-XELASTEC-Airpods-Pairs/dp/B08DS1Y727

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC for Airpods Pro / 3 Pairs (Size MS/M/ML 3Pr)
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-SednaEarfit-XELASTEC-Airpods-Pairs/dp/B08DS5XWRM
Well that didn't work out and I didn't get to try the APP version.
Normal Xelastec fits on the Buds/Buds+, but the stem is too long. The APP version has a shorter stem, much like the tips that come with the Buds.
With detailed dimensions of the tip I could compare them but those are not provided unlike with the normal Xelastec.

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #26,613 of 62,165
FIIL responded to me about the USB-C issue, claiming it’s by design because USB-C to USB-C is only meant for high current devices and can damage the battery, which is misleading at absolute best, and frankly a lie if we’re gonna call a spade a spade. Any properly designed device should be able to regulate how much current it draws - as proven by countless other USB-C devices with small batteries that support C-to-C charging and negotiate and appropriate current and voltage.
That just sounds like a cop-out considering the T1 Pro apparently charges C2C. El Jefe said he once tried using a high-power charger on a Type-C earbud and "almost started a fire", but unless you have an overkill, "unintelligent" power adapter I doubt anything wrong will happen - except maybe deteriorating the case battery. That said I have experienced some poor-battery-life cases which could be down to using fast-charge bricks (I don't have any standard bricks to use). The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 has one of the worst case battery life I've experienced, I fully charged it with a QC2.0 charger yesterday and today I used it for about 4 hours and later discovered my case was completely depleted. The Galaxy Buds+ isn't that much better though - it sometimes only lasts me 6 hours before it is depleted (fortunately the buds can be powered off in the case unlike the TaoTronics, and do last for another 10-12 hours). I don't know if either of these issues is due to fast-charging damaging the battery or just bad design. Sabbat E12 Ultra has much better case battery life but a friend of mine said their case battery became depleted. This is why many brands insist customers to use either the bundled cable or something that's 5V/1A, but if all is well on both ends, I don't think this is necessary! I'm not going to buy an outdated 5W charger just for my TWS...

Speaking of Galaxy Buds+ my right bud seems to get drained after a week or two of not using them. The charge LED is green but then show red once I re-seat the bud, so it seems the contacts aren't sealed. This happened to me a few weeks ago as well and after a thorough clean everything seemed fine but something tells me the contacts just aren't that secure...

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #26,614 of 62,165
Just got my MW07 go’s replaced by M&D (original left bud was faulty)

man these sound amazing even on iPhone Bluetooth, and they are SO extra in lime green 💕
image.jpg

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #26,615 of 62,165
Anyone here has heard lypertek tevi? Purely for sound? & also fit & how to get best fit/isolation for running? Like are foam tips best or silicon?

The Tevi's are a superb TWS. They have a good degree of water resistance, have excellent battery life and, most importantly, sound utterly wonderful. I would not hesitate in recommending them.
Strangely I'm normally a silicon user but with the Tevi's I'm using their supplied sticky foamies - excellent fit but not sure when I'm going to find replacements when the time comes.
You can buy the Flexfit foam here. (The same as included in the package)
https://www.lypertek.com/product-page/flexfit-foam-tips-set

I like the Comply Foam for the Tevis better. I miss some sub-bass with the Flexfit.
I think they are almost perfect. Sound/bass, comfort (also with buttons), seal, no driver flex or other noise while chewing and (almost) no "thump" while walking/jogging.
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/twzz-truegrip-for-1more-tw/

Only issues with the Tevi are
1. No iOS app (android app is not in the store but can be downloaded off dropbox)
2. Buttons can be annoying compared to touch (subjective)

I was lucky to install the iOS app before it disappeared from App Store. It still works.
Ref buttons, you have to use foam tips for them to be comfortable. With silicone it feels like you're pushing the buds in the ear. Much better with foam tips.

My only concern is fit. I have ears that's built for TWS/in-ears but the only one sticking out a little too much is the Tevis. They could be more snug...

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #26,616 of 62,165
I bought them on Aliexpress from the seller AK Audio store. Before buying, I wrote to several sellers about the discount on these headphones. AK audio answered first and offered $ 55 for them :wink: try to talk to all the sellers on Ali about discounts on this model, and you can always bargain on the basis that the model is not new and now for the same money there are other more interesting headphones, and that Kinera with a start of their kickstarter company selled this model for a $55 :wink:
How's the fit on the Kinera? They look a bit bulky

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #26,617 of 62,165
El Jefe has confirmed to me the T1 Pro charges C2C and then suggested there might be issues with higher watt chargers. That said, the fact that yours won't charge with the ZMI 18W suggests it doesn't work anyways. All of my C2C-charging TWS charge with my 18W PD power bank.

I had their Earfun Free last year, it very well supports USB C2C charging. It's a shame the Indiegogo launch was somewhat of a disaster with my right bud failing to output audio after less than a week and Earfun was unable to give me a replacement because mine was the Oluv limited edition.

Not recently, Sabbat E12, Earfun Free, Aufo M1, Taotronics SoundLiberty 94 are a few that charge C2C. Obviously bigger brands like Samsung or Sony should work as well.
I've also had no issue with usb-c to usb-c with the fiil using a tommax 18w pd charger and ugreen cable.

I have noticed, though, that when the case battery gets low, wireless charging doesn't work. I've tried 3 different QI chargers - all the same result

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #26,618 of 62,165

Such a nice tonality on the n400.
Pinna gain is oh so perfect for my taste.
Very curious. Crin says it's the better version of Galaxy buds. I don't expect good ANC from Samsung however.

Bose QC buds weren't worth having due to mainly the bulky size and wing tips not holding it in place while jogging. Also, case is unnecessarily big, it's a master and slave audio connection, touch controls are too limiting, it's basically too 2018 like TWS. Too bad because sound and ANC I find to be the best traits. Best bass of TWS.

Stil sticking with my APP for practical reasons until something TRUELY worth switching over to comes along.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #26,619 of 62,165
Again, why on earth would anyone want to jog with the QC buds ? They're huge, have the dreaded "thump" (like all non earbud designs that completely spoils the listening experience) and have ANC that can't be turned off so the mics will pick up wind noise. I could understand that from someone completely new to TWEs but here ? With their relative bulk, weak passive isolation that doesn't cut out conversations much, the QC are designed for long haul flights/train/car trips or "cubicles". The APPs only solve the bulk and ANC OFF aspects BTW, the thud is still there in spite of the "marketing". Regular runners should really do themselves a favor and experience the pleasure of running without the "thud", it's easy and cheap too thanks to the X12s that have been around for 2 years now.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #26,620 of 62,165
You can buy the Flexfit foam here. (The same as included in the package)
https://www.lypertek.com/product-page/flexfit-foam-tips-set

I like the Comply Foam for the Tevis better. I miss some sub-bass with the Flexfit.
I think they are almost perfect. Sound/bass, comfort (also with buttons), seal, no driver flex or other noise while chewing and (almost) no "thump" while walking/jogging.
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/twzz-truegrip-for-1more-tw/

I've always found the Comply Foams to make the sound very dull ? Atlhough in the case of the Tevi's that have been described as a bit too bright that might not be too much of a problem. And there is the poor durability, for which sweat wouldn't help ? But (almost) no thump is a big plus ! Amazon had them at 70€ this week and I was tempted but they seem to have the same shape as the Mpow M5 and that form factor just does not work well for my ears, probably too small, unlike the SiFi II or Amazon Echo Buds.

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #26,621 of 62,165
Some little bird told me to get these. 👏😎 Said to be as good as my treasured Anbes. Mpow M30 ordered. Will be here Tuesday!
I also ordered the NEW Hiby R2!!!🤓🎼🤪😎

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #26,622 of 62,165
So, this morning I reached for my Bose QC Earbuds and got a low battery warning (both were at exactly 5%) after being in the case all night long. The case was not out of juice (2nd light).

Charging the case and buds now, so we'll see how they hold up and if this continues or was a fluke.
Oh man that sucks... strangely, every time I’ve plugged my case in to charge over the last few days I see 5 solid white lights which implies that it’s fully charged. I’ve worn them for like an hour and they still show 100% on the app. i kind of expected mediocre battery life

hope your issue resolves

Oct 17, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #26,625 of 62,165
Again, why on earth would anyone want to jog with the QC buds ? They're huge, have the dreaded "thump" (like all non earbud designs that completely spoils the listening experience) and have ANC that can't be turned off so the mics will pick up wind noise. I could understand that from someone completely new to TWEs but here ? With their relative bulk, weak passive isolation that doesn't cut out conversations much, the QC are designed for long haul flights/train/car trips or "cubicles". The APPs only solve the bulk and ANC OFF aspects BTW, the thud is still there in spite of the "marketing". Regular runners should really do themselves a favor and experience the pleasure of running without the "thud", it's easy and cheap too thanks to the X12s that have been around for 2 years now.
I run for an hour a day on the treadmill at the gym with my Bose and it’s pretty sweet. I love the ANC to cut out all the noise which my beloved N6P’s can’t do. I do notice the thump you mentioned of my feet slapping the treadmill but It doesn’t really bother me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back