Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 5, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #24,332 of 62,238

Saw this on Audioreviews FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4308347089205569/

Looks like it is confirmed the TRN BT20S Pro has swappable modules (not sure if these are sold separately or preincluded) and has a charging casing just as we thought! I'm surprised the CHIFI companies didn't release this swappable modular thingy before, quite innovative for a BT adapter.

I just hope battery life and connectivity and QC are good. My BT20 and BT20S had a few QC issues, so keeping fingers crossed.
This tech, if or once good enough would surely make all TWS iem's obsolete.. or maybe not as they are another line of products to fetishize lol

What's the current concensous over sq when comparing these BT adapter modules/wires vs TWS iem's?

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #24,334 of 62,238
This tech, if or once good enough would surely make all TWS iem's obsolete.. or maybe not as they are another line of products to fetishize lol

What's the current concensous over sq when comparing these BT adapter modules/wires vs TWS iem's?
My take is the BT20S is a cool product. Lots of flexibility and you can turn your higher end better sounding IEMS into tws. Where it falls flat is that power matching and hiss can be an issue. And also waterproofing. I definitely think if SQ is your primary endgame, the BT20 paired with your own iem is the way to go (assuming you can get sufficient power to drive them and don't get hiss). But TWS are much more integrated. You get ANC, touch controls, waterproofing, apps etc. I was into the BT20S for a while but I've gone back to "regular" TWS because they are more versatile and convenient and SQ is pretty damn good.

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #24,335 of 62,238
My take is the BT20S is a cool product. Lots of flexibility and you can turn your higher end better sounding IEMS into tws. Where it falls flat is that power matching and hiss can be an issue. And also waterproofing. I definitely think if SQ is your primary endgame, the BT20 paired with your own iem is the way to go (assuming you can get sufficient power to drive them and don't get hiss). But TWS are much more integrated. You get ANC, touch controls, waterproofing, apps etc. I was into the BT20S for a while but I've gone back to "regular" TWS because they are more versatile and convenient and SQ is pretty damn good.

Yep. I wear my MTW2s in the gym, or when out running etc. - wouldn't want to subject my Solaris 2020s to that kind of action.

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #24,336 of 62,238
EU people!

Wait longer!

Pay more!

Amazon_de___galaxy_buds_live.jpg

The form factor makes me REALLY curious!

If they really show up on August 21st I might jump on it ... but they screwed up the rls date with the Sony SP800N ... not holding my breath ...

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #24,337 of 62,238
Argh. I hate it when buds need you to go tip-rolling :p. How big roughly is the charging case? Always wary of circular ones, cause they can bulge alot. Roughly how much battery life are you getting out of them?
The charging case is roughly the same overall size as the B530. A little less wide, but a little taller. It's not huge but a little bulgy in the pocket. I haven't used them long enough to wear down the batteries in one go yet, so I'm not sure on that.

I'll try to remember to get some comparison pictures of the case tonight when I get home!

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #24,339 of 62,238
Wow. So easy to get out of touch with all this! I had a baby back in early April and with the terrible new post notification system, I completely forgot about this! Had ~300 pages to catch up on the last few days.

I got my Tranya T10s a couple of days ago. So far I have a love/hate relationship with them. They definitely have potential, but they seem to be VERY picky about tips. So far I've had the best luck with the Misodoko Pro foam tips, some random ones I found in my collection that are probably from another TWS set but I can't remember which one, and oddly enough the Galaxy Buds+ tips sound great on them too. Those tips don't even sound that great on the GBuds+! With the right tips, the sound is amazing! Mids and highs aren't as defined as the B530 or B530+, but almost there. The bass has the potential to be monstrous. I had to dial it back a bit in the EQ to not overpower everything else. The only thing I'm not happy with thus far is that without the right tips and more EQing than any of my other Tranyas, they get distorted in the upper mids and lower highs. Like electric guitars take on an almost scratchy quality that is uncomfortable and male vocals can get distorted.

Comfort-wise, they're right up there with the other Tranya products I love. Not quite as form fitting as the B530s, but pretty darn close. They don't look like they would be as big as they are.

I think I still prefer my B530s, but I'm going to give these some workouts to see if they can get the kinks out. If the audio quality can match the B530s after some burn-in, then a B530 with USB-C and Qi charging is a no-brainer!

l agree.

I've had T10's for over a week now. The upper-low freqs are somewhat overwhelming. The mids and highs are a bit muted and overall, they are not really detailed/articulate, IMO. If you are a bass-head, you may love'em.

That said, they don't really make use of all that 12mm driver surface area, as the enhanced bass is not at the lowest end, where those 12mm's could actually deliver something unique. The size of the T10's is just incrementally larger than the Tranya Rimor, and they actually fit more securely. The tap interface is different than other Tranya's in that it takes more than a single tap to pause the audio, which is nice as it avoids interrupting the audio with an unintentional touch. I like this when running for instance.

The Qualcomm BT chip is way better than the RealTek used in many other Tranya models, providing a really solid BT connection. Battery lasts as advertised and the wireless charging is nice.

Overall, they are good, and I now use them for running. SQ wise, I think the Tranya Rimor, B530's and even the old trusty MPOW T5's are more enjoyable for my ears.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #24,341 of 62,238
I ordered 2 pair of Tranya T10's 08/02 - one from Tranya - $58.78 shipped, and one from Amazon UK $42.23 - both had promo discounts. Today I received the Tranya T10 from Amazon Uk 08/05, and also received the shipping notice from Tranya today.

I've charged the T10's and connected them to my Windows 10 PC, and so far I'm liking what I am hearing - and the BT connection is stable, with no drama.

I also tried enabling the Loudness enhancement in Windows for the Tranya T10 device, and wow does it kick out solid bass. Very nice.

The rest of the range is filling out, I'll play them a few days before judging, but I think they sound great. I'm glad I ordered 2, at least right now I am :wink:

I'll update as I discover anything of interest - I do appreciate the 1-tap volume up / down, that's very nice.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #24,342 of 62,238
Wow. So easy to get out of touch with all this! I had a baby back in early April and with the terrible new post notification system, I completely forgot about this! Had ~300 pages to catch up on the last few days.

I got my Tranya T10s a couple of days ago. So far I have a love/hate relationship with them. They definitely have potential, but they seem to be VERY picky about tips. So far I've had the best luck with the Misodoko Pro foam tips, some random ones I found in my collection that are probably from another TWS set but I can't remember which one, and oddly enough the Galaxy Buds+ tips sound great on them too. Those tips don't even sound that great on the GBuds+! With the right tips, the sound is amazing! Mids and highs aren't as defined as the B530 or B530+, but almost there. The bass has the potential to be monstrous. I had to dial it back a bit in the EQ to not overpower everything else. The only thing I'm not happy with thus far is that without the right tips and more EQing than any of my other Tranyas, they get distorted in the upper mids and lower highs. Like electric guitars take on an almost scratchy quality that is uncomfortable and male vocals can get distorted.

Comfort-wise, they're right up there with the other Tranya products I love. Not quite as form fitting as the B530s, but pretty darn close. They don't look like they would be as big as they are.

I think I still prefer my B530s, but I'm going to give these some workouts to see if they can get the kinks out. If the audio quality can match the B530s after some burn-in, then a B530 with USB-C and Qi charging is a no-brainer!
Hey Bro! Congrats on the baby!
I bought a couple of TWS and I am happy with them. The only disappointment was the Tranya T2 battery of 4hrs. Amazon said 7hrs. I kept them cause so cheap and sq is good. Did you sell off the other TWS? I see no mentions of the stuff you had last year. What’s the difference in the older ones I had and the newer B530+($30 sale) you know I really liked them, but had to return them because they didn’t pair together and never got a second pair to try. Stopped using my TWS for a long while. Anbes still going strong!
Got these to see if I like em:
Earphone Tips F FEYCH Premium Replacement Earbud Tips Memory Foam Earphone Tips Blocking Noise Foam Tips Suit for 4.5-6.3mm Nozzle in-Ear Earphones with Storage Box(Meduim, 6 Pairs, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKW5YMH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_of2kFbECQPRWY

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #24,343 of 62,238
I made a full video review about the Slide Mini from Padme / Pamu. It has the exact same IEMs from the Pamu Unique, I have both and I thought I should mention. Both are natural , somewhat slow, somewhat more romantic type of sound. For 50 USD, I can't fault them, they're really great. More memes, fun in the full video :)

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #24,344 of 62,238
So far the Galaxy Buds live seem to have these characteristics from what I have been reading:

- Bassy sound signature with forward mids
- ANC not very effective, same as other TWS or worse
- Mic quality pretty good
- Battery life 5 hours 15 mins with ANC ON
- Wireless charging supported for charging case
- Customizable touch controls via app
- Game mode for reduced latency (doubt that means APTX-LL, probably some other proprietary tech)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #24,345 of 62,238
I made a full video review about the Slide Mini from Padme / Pamu. It has the exact same IEMs from the Pamu Unique, I have both and I thought I should mention. Both are natural , somewhat slow, somewhat more romantic type of sound. For 50 USD, I can't fault them, they're really great. More memes, fun in the full video :)

does both your pamu units have really resolving treble that's borderline grating, similar to what the Sony EX1000 have? i really like the Pamu form factor and function. the bass and mids also quite nice, it's just the treble that's really fatiguing for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back