Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #24,361 of 62,555
I’m looking for a pair of wireless earbuds for working out that are under $100. I’m mostly focused on getting earbuds with great sound quality, particularly earbuds with great bass. Battery life, wireless charging and other features are lower down my list of priorities. I’m a bass-head that primarily listens to rap. Anybody got some suggestions?
I bought these recently try them if you don’t like em return them. I like mine. Needs burnin with music for 2-4 days and they really shine with bass. No wireless charging, but 5hrs and 30 min of music. Volume control, pause, etc.

Wireless Headphones, Losei Bluetooth 5.0 Sports True Wireless Earbuds Touch Control Earphones Bass Stereo Sound TWS Earhooks Headset with Charging Case & Mic for Running/Working Out/Gym https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NW32QD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OWalFbTJJGVV6

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #24,362 of 62,555
I don't often use mine long enough to test the battery life to its fullest, but I'm pretty sure I got about 8.5 hours on my B530 originals once. Normally I use them for working out or doing outside chores, and I've never had to worry about the battery getting close to empty doing that.
I use mine mostly for TV and YouTube. Biking sometimes. Yep you’ve convinced me I’ll be returning the T2 and get the new 530. Thanks bud. Ya getting any sleep with the baby?

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #24,363 of 62,555
dang, what to do? As much as I was positively psyched about those Aukey EP-N5 ANC buds, but today the Tozo arrived, and I think I like those even more :wink: even better fit! ANC seems to be on same level, maybe even a tad better. Sound feels a tad better. But what changes my mind mostly is that I noticed the stems of the Aukey scratching my cheeks / beard and creating microphonics that can be really annoying when I move. Guess I need to A/B a lot. They are too similar to keep both. (And they were not cheap cheap) ....

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #24,364 of 62,555
I’m looking for a pair of wireless earbuds for working out that are under $100. I’m mostly focused on getting earbuds with great sound quality, particularly earbuds with great bass. Battery life, wireless charging and other features are lower down my list of priorities. I’m a bass-head that primarily listens to rap. Anybody got some suggestions?
Jabra 75t maybe?
cheap option that may fit the bill the mpow M30, The Tronsmart Apollo bold wouldn't be a bad option either, though you'd have to get it from geekbuying or AE till it's available on Amazon. The soundcore liberty 2 Pro are $129 on Amazon if you are willing to go that far, they fit better than they might look from pics. They are some serious bass monsters and also charge via USB-C and wirelessly which i know weren't highest on your priority list but they are included with this package. Plus they can be used indipendently. Even if you have a phone that doesn't support TWS plus you can always pair each individually and use them if needed. The 75T doesn't do that unfortunately. plus i can say personally when i owned them i got 8 hours out of them which is the advertised battery life. i sold them when i got the nuarl n6 Pro. I kind of regret it.

^this.

Don't know why I forgot the L2P when making my previous recommendation. They are a good basshead set.

Yes SQ definitely the end game for me. I'd sacrifice most other functionality save them being wireless of course! Additionally trying to minimise the amount of devices/iem's is important also and avoiding the new toy novelty thing.

I've seen a very reasonably priced BT wire (KZ atpx HD) that uses atpX HD codec (obviously) which looks to be quite an improvement, in theory, SQ wise on previous codecs. I may try this before pulling the trigger on those FiiL t1x i had my eyes on.

Skip the KZ cable. KZ's BT implementation is always weak/poor. Hasn't changed yet.

Usually when they say HD, but it's just regular APT-X. They consider that High Definition compared to SBC and say that in marketing materials.

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #24,365 of 62,555
^this.

Don't know why I forgot the L2P when making my previous recommendation. They are a good basshead set.

Skip the KZ cable. KZ's BT implementation is always weak/poor. Hasn't changed yet.

Usually when they say HD, but it's just regular APT-X. They consider that High Definition compared to SBC and say that in marketing materials.

Second the L2P recommendation, those hit deep and the App EQ is actually useful in making it less so if need be. I've heard that they hiss for some tho (mine don't seem to).

And yeah, as bad as the QC can be on TRN BT adapters, I've literally seen worse on KZ BT units. Like even reversed-polarity worse 🤣

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #24,366 of 62,555
EU people!

Wait longer!

Pay more!

Amazon_de___galaxy_buds_live.jpg

The form factor makes me REALLY curious!

If they really show up on August 21st I might jump on it ... but they screwed up the rls date with the Sony SP800N ... not holding my breath ...
Dont you quote prices with VAT in Europe and europe has crazy Vat if I am not wrong. So why is this a surprise? Samsung mark up in Europe is similar to how Apple does for its Airpods( I see its 271.95 Eu in Germany). Plus in US you get discounted deals. APP is available for $200 and I am sure Buds live will be available at discount soon.

Aug 6, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #24,367 of 62,555
Thanks so much for all of the responses, last time I looked for a pair of earbuds I went through 600+ pages of forum posts on here, and though it was worth it, I couldn’t do that this time lol. For anybody that has used both the Apollo bold and the L2P, which set has better bass and overall sound quality (I understand sometimes those two things don’t go together). Also, if you’ve used either set for working out (primarily running) how did they perform?

Aug 6, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #24,368 of 62,555
Thanks so much for all of the responses, last time I looked for a pair of earbuds I went through 600+ pages of forum posts on here, and though it was worth it, I couldn’t do that this time lol. For anybody that has used both the Apollo bold and the L2P, which set has better bass and overall sound quality (I understand sometimes those two things don’t go together). Also, if you’ve used either set for working out (primarily running) how did they perform?
I was about to ask what your main work out is .. if it is mainly running .. I would neither recommend the Apollo nor L2P .. they are great buds, but I would never feel confident enough in terms of fit to run with them ... and then there is the 'runner's thud' ... the amplification of each food fall inside your ear when those are plugged shut ... sometimes I can ignore it over time, sometimes it annoys the heck out of me.
My top running bud under 100$ has to be the Sabbat X12, since it is a semi-open in-ear form factor, it does not have the thud. The sound is great and since the passive noise isolation is rather low, they are also safe to run with (and hear cars, bikes passing) ... i already have 2 sets of them and another (the Ultra version) in the mail. As for fit, they come with extra wings I put on before each run (they don't fit in the case with wings) plus I added earbud foams for more secure fit and i like what it does to the sound signature, slightly 'tames' it, makes it a tad more smooth / warm ... (they still fit in the case with foams on!)

IMG_3051.JPG

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #24,371 of 62,555
Buds Live arriving Monday. Bummer that fedex is 2 day and doesn't deliver on Saturday.

Reviews I am seeing are pretty positive. I'm looking at this as an APP competitor more than something like an N400 competitor. I might even risk them on a sweaty bike ride given the potential room for situational awareness. Biggest question seems to be whether or not they fit and stay put. Looks like some solid tech and innovation (for once). The space needs some more of that.

Edit - mainstream review but pretty positive: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/cnn-...ive-review/index.html?iid=CNNUnderscoredHP2.0

Edit - and just like that, a not so good review: https://www.engadget.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-live-review-140007680.html

Edit - one more good one. I'll stop now: https://www.theverge.com/21356260/s...iew-wireless-earbuds-beans-design-specs-price

Okay - I lied. Per Gizmodo, at 145 pm today, a firmware update was delivered that substantially improves the ANC. I need to get a life.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #24,372 of 62,555
Here I go again:

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #24,374 of 62,555
Just received these:
IMG_1074.jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1078.jpg

I have owned the XM3s (Xelastec tips) for about 2 week and will compare the two.
Those have been on my radar for a while .. there is one review on amazon that does not seem to be shill-y and compares with the other top ANC and this one comes out on top ... then there is a YT review that labels the ANC as 'weak sauce' ... so ... curious what you have to say :)

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #24,375 of 62,555
Those have been on my radar for a while .. there is one review on amazon that does not seem to be shill-y and compares with the other top ANC and this one comes out on top ... then there is a YT review that labels the ANC as 'weak sauce' ... so ... curious what you have to say :)
Well, one thing is for sure- ANC is NOT "weak sauce'. A little better at eliminating my fan's noise than the XM3s. Need to use in more settings to say which ANC is better.

Also, the Xelastec tips fit nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back