Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 5, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #24,324 of 62,573
Anyway friends just to ask, for your TWS/BT dongles and maybe even DAPs/amps, do you only charge them when the battery is almost depleted? Or do you top up charging "sips" at regular intervals even with just slight battery usage?

Which would preserve battery lifespan in the long run? TIA!!
Well, as I understand it, they are almost always lithium ion, so the same rules apply that you would use for your phone. I've stopped topping them off to 100%, I try to keep them <90%, closer to 80%. It also helps if your battery doesn't fully drain. The only times I would charge my stuff up to 100% and let it deplete all the way is if I am using them for a long run, say, an international flight or smth. This does mean that I go for TWS with longer-than-average battery life. Quick charging stresses the battery out, but, sadly, generally (not sure if there are any that give you the option) TWS that have some form of quick charging don;t give you the option to turn it off. Oftentimes, that quick charging feature is very useful, but I don't need them to charge to full in 40 mins when I am going to bed, do I? But, yes, just follow the same guidelines that you would use for your phone.

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #24,325 of 62,573
Wow. So easy to get out of touch with all this! I had a baby back in early April and with the terrible new post notification system, I completely forgot about this! Had ~300 pages to catch up on the last few days.

I got my Tranya T10s a couple of days ago. So far I have a love/hate relationship with them. They definitely have potential, but they seem to be VERY picky about tips. So far I've had the best luck with the Misodoko Pro foam tips, some random ones I found in my collection that are probably from another TWS set but I can't remember which one, and oddly enough the Galaxy Buds+ tips sound great on them too. Those tips don't even sound that great on the GBuds+! With the right tips, the sound is amazing! Mids and highs aren't as defined as the B530 or B530+, but almost there. The bass has the potential to be monstrous. I had to dial it back a bit in the EQ to not overpower everything else. The only thing I'm not happy with thus far is that without the right tips and more EQing than any of my other Tranyas, they get distorted in the upper mids and lower highs. Like electric guitars take on an almost scratchy quality that is uncomfortable and male vocals can get distorted.

Comfort-wise, they're right up there with the other Tranya products I love. Not quite as form fitting as the B530s, but pretty darn close. They don't look like they would be as big as they are.

I think I still prefer my B530s, but I'm going to give these some workouts to see if they can get the kinks out. If the audio quality can match the B530s after some burn-in, then a B530 with USB-C and Qi charging is a no-brainer!
Argh. I hate it when buds need you to go tip-rolling :p. How big roughly is the charging case? Always wary of circular ones, cause they can bulge alot. Roughly how much battery life are you getting out of them?

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #24,326 of 62,573
Probably AAC as well. Since they specifically say that apple users can use their app.

I wonder if they crippled SBC again. It'd be nice if they had APT-X, highly doubtful.
Agreed. Doubt they will have aptX. Clearly pushing their scalable codec.

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #24,327 of 62,573
A couple of months ago, someone posted a link to a small audio company developing a planar TWS. I can't find the post. If anyone can point me to it, I would appreciate it. I was going to follow up on the progress.
Mmm, well, there is the RHA CL2, but those aren't true wireless, those are in the neckband style. I searched the thread for "planar", but nothing came up... Sorry, I don't remember hearing anything like that.

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #24,328 of 62,573
Thanks for the tip. White cancelled. Black ordered. They look strange enough - I think low key is better in this circumstance.
Didn't feel like waiting. 3 mics and open style look like what I have been waiting for since I want them primarily for calls.
Just ordered the white one (easier for me to spot when I eventually drop it somewhere like under the bed). Can't stand out any more than my MTWs anyway.

For anyone having trouble ordering, I don't think the website is working correctly. I only saw black version available on my phone. When I went on my desktop PC (Windows 10, Chrome browser) there was no Buy Now button for any of the colors but I noticed it would flash when I switched between colors so I clicked Buy Now really quickly while it was flashing (took a few tries) and was able to add them to my cart.

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #24,329 of 62,573
Mmm, well, there is the RHA CL2, but those aren't true wireless, those are in the neckband style. I searched the thread for "planar", but nothing came up... Sorry, I don't remember hearing anything like that.
Thanks me too. It was a small audio company - I emailed them about it awhile back and they said August release. Now I can't find the email. It was a really interesting item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back