Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 9, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #23,341 of 62,420
Been listening to the Sony WF-1000xm3. Way better than i was expecting from some of the negative comments. Mid-range appears slightly forward and notes have some weight.

I dont find these bassy at all. Surprised to see people finding them as such. There is some rumble but i am also eq'd several dBs. Compared to something like the L2 and L2Ps - these are bass light. Some rumble. ANC on seems to add some warmth. Am i crazy?

Treble might sound better than Nuarl N6 but only slightly. N6 has an airier and more upfront presentation.

They seem a bit bright and get shouty at higher volumes. Perhaps, that could be the knock.
Several of us have posted that we had to turn up the clear base on the XM3. For me I also have to add a little bit of treble for improved detail and sparkle, but that is about it.

My biggest problem is my footsteps thumping in my ears when I'm walking with them in. I don't get that with any IEM that is supported in place by my outer ear (with or without needing g wings to do that), so mostly get the footstep thumping with my N6P, XM3, and MTW.

Jul 9, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #23,342 of 62,420
Several of us have posted that we had to turn up the clear base on the XM3. For me I also have to add a little bit of treble for improved detail and sparkle, but that is about it.

My biggest problem is my footsteps thumping in my ears when I'm walking with them in. I don't get that with any IEM that is supported in place by my outer ear (with or without needing g wings to do that), so mostly get the footstep thumping with my N6P, XM3, and MTW.

Ahh. Messed with clear bass. Better.

I do see what you mean with the thumping not a biggie for me as i cant hear it/feel it when walking with the music on. er *edit i do feel it walking.

Thanks for the clear bass tip.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #23,343 of 62,420
Looking for recommendations: :L3000:

I am currently testing Jbuds Air Icon & Phaiser Fusion One. In Past, I have tested Senn Momentum 1 & my ears don't settle with anything that says 'Sony', so those aren't an option for me.

Here are my criteria for selection:

Must-haves:
  1. Best TWS sound quality possible with deep bass, clear mids & exciting highs, pretty much a U-shaped signature.
  2. Must be able to get loud enough. (for reference: something like Phaiser Fusion One)
  3. Acceptable call quality.
  4. Decent battery life.
  5. App controls like eq etc. (this can slide to the nice to haves for a deserving pair)
Nice to haves:
  1. USB-C
  2. Multi-device connection
  3. IPX5 or above.
Thanks in advance. :gs1000smile:
There aren't a lot of TWS that have a dedicated app anymore.

If you slide that to "optional," you might give the Advanced Sound Model X+ a look. I own them along with the Phaiser Fusion One, which are indeed very loud and sound fantastic for the money, and I love them immensely. The X+ are not exactly U shaped out of the box, but they EQ wonderfully using Wavelet on Android - you'd just need to pump up the treble a bit. They get louder than I can handle, but don't have the same level of max volume as the Phaisers (does anything??).

They also don't support multipoint. Very, very few TWS do.

But they sound great, with wonderful imaging and separation and very tight bass.

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #23,344 of 62,420
There aren't a lot of TWS that have a dedicated app anymore.

If you slide that to "optional," you might give the Advanced Sound Model X+ a look. I own them along with the Phaiser Fusion One, which are indeed very loud and sound fantastic for the money, and I love them immensely. The X+ are not exactly U shaped out of the box, but they EQ wonderfully using Wavelet on Android - you'd just need to pump up the treble a bit. They get louder than I can handle, but don't have the same level of max volume as the Phaisers (does anything??).

They also don't support multipoint. Very, very few TWS do.

But they sound great, with wonderful imaging and separation and very tight bass.

it's a bit of a shame, really, as even the cheap chifi players like Fiil or even QCY is now providing an app for their TWSs. for me personally, premium priced TWS should give their user an app, even with no features or EQ, at bare minimum at least provide us with firmware update support

in a different subject, I've just trying this CP360 eartips for the WF XM3 , and I'm really loving it. it has a more sticky and grippy texture compared to other Spinfit like the CP100 or CP145, and produces even less thump than the AET07. i might buy a couple more of these as it works well with my Pamu and several other TWS

20200710_113355-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #23,345 of 62,420
it's a bit of a shame, really, as even the cheap chifi players like Fiil or even QCY is now providing an app for their TWSs. for me personally, premium priced TWS should give their user an app, even with no features or EQ, at bare minimum at least provide us with firmware update support

in a different subject, I've just trying this CP360 eartips for the WF XM3 , and I'm really loving it. it has a more sticky and grippy texture compared to other Spinfit like the CP100 or CP145, and produces even less thump than the AET07. i might buy a couple more of these as it works well with my Pamu and several other TWS

20200710_113355-01.jpeg

I got these too but haven't bother to try them out yet, but soon...

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #23,346 of 62,420
No aptX or AAC, what year is it?
Well, I'd much rather have a good SBC implementation that a product that intentionally gimps it in favour of proprietary codecs (looking at you Samsung!).

I'm more irritated by the presence of stems. With better mic technology, couldn't no-stem TWS catch up to the call quality of stem TWS?

Wondering how the Taotronics SoundLiberty 79 new version (IPX8 + "improved sound) compare to MPOW M30 Plus and their older counterparts.

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #23,347 of 62,420

20200710_113355-01.jpeg

Yes, they are pretty sweet. My only two gripes with them are that they wobble when you walk briskly and that the seem to cause more flex drive then any other tips on the market.

I've been using the aet07 the days but have up on the twist. They isolate plenty without it and don't wobble or move out of place when pointing almost completely down.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #23,349 of 62,420
Decided to wait two days to publish this review, as today is the first anniversary of my wireless earbuds review site. :-D

Soundcore Spirit Dot 2 review vs Mpow M30 X3 Fiil T1X.jpg

I LOVE the Soundcore Spirit Dot 2. Nothing natural, but such an engaging, immersive sound!

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #23,351 of 62,420
Decided to wait two days to publish this review, as today is the first anniversary of my wireless earbuds review site. :-D

Soundcore Spirit Dot 2 review vs Mpow M30 X3 Fiil T1X.jpg

I LOVE the Soundcore Spirit Dot 2. Nothing natural, but such an engaging, immersive sound!

congrats! and keep those reviews coming :grin: :thumbsup:

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #23,352 of 62,420
HI ! my MW7 plus have arrived .big disappointment ... the sound is really poor, non-existent bass and cold highs ...... I will definitely give it back, it is absolutely not worth the 225 euros paid, maybe I will take a MW7 at 100 ... maybe ...

Somehow you are not getting a proper seal, or perhaps you got a clunker.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #23,354 of 62,420
No news on the WF1000XM4 nor Buds Live specs.... I decided to take a chance on the new Hitune from Ugreen, cause the battery from my Buds are falling quickly. Charging them about twice per shift.

I'm still on the fence as well. The price just dropped $10 and I have another $10 coupon from Samsung lying around somewhere so I may go for it. Anyone use it with LG phones? Have some V60s on the way that will probably replace my S9 so I wont have access to the Samsung scalable codec. I really just want it for calls and ambient mode.
Other phones default to AAC, though SBC is present. I use 1st gen Buds with my G8 and S8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back