Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #23,371 of 62,594
No news on the WF1000XM4 nor Buds Live specs.... I decided to take a chance on the new Hitune from Ugreen, cause the battery from my Buds are falling quickly. Charging them about twice per shift.

Other phones default to AAC, though SBC is present. I use 1st gen Buds with my G8 and S8.
I am hoping for the Buds Live to be released soon, mantain great battery life, and get ANC - at the same price point. Unfortunately, nothing is confirmed, and release is still some time away.

Wait, what is the catch with the Ugreen Hitune?? ~8-9 hours of battery life, Type C, and $40. Just a lack of reviews...

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #23,373 of 62,594
Jul 10, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #23,378 of 62,594
I think they are wrong. I see 30% off Mclaren store promo code but it is sent to you when your product ships. So that would mean the next purchase not 30% off the T5 II purchase.
Of course T5 first edition was not that hot so not sure many fully wireless thread subscribers would buy the new one pre-order/blind. Need to prove they made real improvements first.

I'm 99% sure they've fixed all the connection issues, just like Sennheiser fixed their issues with the gen 2... I'm more concerned about buying a premium TWS right now because next gen Blutooth 5.2/LC3 is just around the corner.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #23,379 of 62,594
Wait, what is the catch with the Ugreen Hitune?? ~8-9 hours of battery life, Type C, and $40. Just a lack of reviews...
No volume controls. Instead they opted for next/previous tracks on both buds individually.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #23,383 of 62,594
HI ! my MW7 plus have arrived .big disappointment ... the sound is really poor, non-existent bass and cold highs ...... I will definitely give it back, it is absolutely not worth the 225 euros paid, maybe I will take a MW7 at 100 ... maybe ...

When I got mine I felt the same, and then realized I was not getting passive isolation, and so I must not have a seal - I have to move up from my usual medium size tips to XL with large wings to get them to seal in my ears, and then the bass appeared like magic.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #23,384 of 62,594
When I got mine I felt the same, and then realized I was getting passive isolation, and so I must not have a seal - I have to move up from my usual medium size tips to XL with large wings to get them to seal in my ears, and then the bass appeared like magic.
Something isn't right if there's no bass. These are not bass light iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back