Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #23,401 of 62,622
just listened to "one" from Live crap-Binge & Purge on the mtw2, and the mavins have been dethroned. The soundstage is really big and spacious.

Only negative with the mtw2 is the price, luckily it was a gift. But these are not something I would risk on hikes etc, so sadly the jabra 65 still have some use.

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #23,402 of 62,622
I have tried several true wireless buds and I think my MW07 Go's are not only the best sounding but also best fitting. I does take a little trial and error with the right tip and wing combo but worth taking the time to get a good seal. I have been using a self made combo tip for a while now and the bass definitely thumps while not being over bearing. Interested to hear what you think when you finally get them.
This is probably true for most true wireless buds. For the MW07 Go, I had to go up a size due to the way t sat in my ear and finally ended up with the CP100z (large). Been pretty happy with them since I got them last year.

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #23,403 of 62,622
For those of you in the USA and considering ordering directly from Linsoul, I would seriously reconsider or at the very least pay the $12 for express shipping. I made an order from Linsoul over 2 months ago and the shipping service they use to the USA, SF Express, held onto the package in NY for nearly 2 months and then when the package finally arrived, it was the wrong item. I will never order directly from them again.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #23,404 of 62,622
For those of you in the USA and considering ordering directly from Linsoul, I would seriously reconsider or at the very least pay the $12 for express shipping. I made an order from Linsoul over 2 months ago and the shipping service they use to the USA, SF Express, held onto the package in NY for nearly 2 months and then when the package finally arrived, it was the wrong item. I will never order directly from them again.
From time to time new 'cheap' postal services try to break into the market by offering better prices and then struggle to get things done .. I had that experience with SunYou. They give great (unrealistic) estimates and then you check trustpilot ... here is the review aggregation for SF express. Read it and weep. I hope Linsoul will realize to NOT bet on the cheapest supplier, it will ultimately fall back on their reputation ..

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #23,406 of 62,622
From time to time new 'cheap' postal services try to break into the market by offering better prices and then struggle to get things done .. I had that experience with SunYou. They give great (unrealistic) estimates and then you check trustpilot ... here is the review aggregation for SF express. Read it and weep. I hope Linsoul will realize to NOT bet on the cheapest supplier, it will ultimately fall back on their reputation ..

Ouch. Poor choice in shipper. I've got several packages like that from AE currently.

I just got a package from Linsoul that I ordered on Amazon. Shipped from Linsoul through 4px on 6/30, arrived today.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #23,407 of 62,622
Ouch. Poor choice in shipper. I've got several packages like that from AE currently.

I just got a package from Linsoul that I ordered on Amazon. Shipped from Linsoul through 4px on 6/30, arrived today.
I would only order from them if you really don't need it anytime soon. I've had multiple shipments held because "[c]ustomer hasn't pay off related fees". I have an SF Express package on the way to the US which I ordered from Linsoul on Amazon on 6/23. It just got on a plane today...for this current package, they marked it shipped two days before they actually shipped it (turned out they were closed for.a holiday so there was no way it could have shipped that day...at least they are honest about it). I will say that Linsoul has been very responsive to emails though.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #23,408 of 62,622
I would only order from them if you really don't need it anytime soon. I've had multiple shipments held because "[c]ustomer hasn't pay off related fees". I have an SF Express package on the way to the US which I ordered from Linsoul on Amazon on 6/23. It just got on a plane today...for this current package, they marked it shipped two days before they actually shipped it (turned out they were closed for.a holiday so there was no way it could have shipped that day...at least they are honest about it). I will say that Linsoul has been very responsive to emails though.
Is Penon Audio ,HiFiGo or anyone else better???

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #23,409 of 62,622
After trying several TWS, decided to bite the bullet and get Sennheiser Momentum 2 TWS. The hype is real, folks. It sounds amazing over APTX and my Galaxy Note 10.

There are many pros for MT2. ANC is not as bad as some have stated, it is perfectly acceptable imo. Sound signature is on the warmer side but it is definitely not a dark signature. The vocals sound rich and bass is not boomy at all. The other TWS I have currently is Jabra 75t. It definitely has more quantity of mid-bass and overall bass thump, but nowhere near the quantity or quality sub-bass of MT2. Jabra 75t also has more treble presence but it likes to overemphasize mid-bass(bloaty unless you eq it down) and it also like to splash treble to prevent muddiness and while it can sound fun when you are working out, it does not sound very natural. MT2 does not overemphasize any one frequency and it is a joy to listen to. Sennheiser finally released an app update for IOS which gives an actual band based equalizer, Android should also get that updated app soon.

As for the drawbacks/cons I can only think of terrible mic quality while on phone calls (and the $$$ price of-course compared to other TWS). Microphone on these MT2 is really terrible! When you are making phone calls, if you tilt your head down, or if you are resting your hear against a couch, others won't be able to hear you clearly or hear you at all. I tested this extensively and unless you speak loudly and sit up straight, your voice will sound tinny/inaudible to others. Jabra 75t on the other hand is excellent with phone calls. You can even mumble while on call and yet it will transmit the voice clearly! Jabras also have a dedicated Mute button unlike MT2 which is such a great feature to have.

There is no comparison really, MT2 mic sucks, Jabra 75t mic is hands down better probably only behind Galaxy buds+. And this is with the latest firmware which supposedly fixes phone calls/voice quality. I cannot imagine how bad it must have been previously...

No TWS is perfect, and I am gonna keep MT2 due to its sound quality alone.

Technics TWS will be released in next couple weeks. I might try that one out to see if sounds as good as MT2 music wise and any better for phone calls. However, it lacks APTX, is larger than MT2 and case is odd shaped with shorter battery life than MT2 but with better ANC, though there are some reports of white noise.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #23,410 of 62,622
Pricing on the Senns is pretty fair, I think. Build quality on the buds and the case is well above average, featureset isn't lacking, it's got an app that gets updated often...this is the complete package, coming from a company with audiophile cred. This being the version 2 release, Senn fixed everything they got wrong the first time out, first with the battery issues, then most recently, audio quality with the 4.8.0 firmware update.

Are they expensive? Sure. Are they worth the cost? Definitely.

Jul 11, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #23,413 of 62,622
Pricing on the Senns is pretty fair, I think. Build quality on the buds and the case is well above average, featureset isn't lacking, it's got an app that gets updated often...this is the complete package, coming from a company with audiophile cred. This being the version 2 release, Senn fixed everything they got wrong the first time out, first with the battery issues, then most recently, audio quality with the 4.8.0 firmware update.

Exactly. There are expensive options that aren't worth it, and there are expensive options that ARE worth it, but most people can't/won't pay for them - like the MT2. Is it worth the price? Yes. Are you and ~98& of buyers gonna buy it? No.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #23,414 of 62,622
Is Penon Audio ,HiFiGo or anyone else better???
Never said they were. Doesnt make what people have been experiencing any better though. I think the original point was that if you dont want to wait, pay for the express shopping, which I agree with (not limited to Linsoul, who as I noted, will at least own up to their mistakes and is very responsive). A few weeks ago, I did get a cable from them that came in a plastic bag and envekope without a box or any depicted accessories (wasnt even tied). Linsould did offer a partial refund and was very responsive. I think SF Express and these low cost carriers are the perfect example of you get what you pay for...

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #23,415 of 62,622

I think that last part about being worth the cost is relative. That being said, I agree. I paid full price for the original and it was worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back