Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 15, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #22,651 of 62,203
Thoughts on ANC TWS? My wife is working from home now due to the Covid and I can't concentrate on my work because she has to have the radio on in the background playing 80's music. I was considering getting the Boltune ANC TWS or the Dyplay ANC. I know Edifier (and highly rated by Scarbir) are out there also, but much more costly. Can anyone comment on if they think any of the TWS with ANC will help block out the 80's music I'm being tortured with each day? Thank you.
Note: I have the Fill T1x and they help isolate, but will any of the ANC TWS do better?

I currently have the Dyplay BQC35, Airsun X8, and two Sony WF XM3. I also have the WH XM3 headphone.
They all works well to block low freq rumble, but for reducing higher noise and chatter, background music, etc, it will depend more on the passive isolation. If you also would play music on them to help mask the background noise, the Vshaped sound of BQC35 would let people voice to pass more, while the X8's more neutral tuning would block mids and highs outside noise better. For low freq rumble, the BQC35 would work better than the X8.
The Sony WF XM3 is overall better in ANC performance and SQ across the board compared to the other two, but also much pricier..

But, the WH XM3 headphone is just a better performer for ANC compared to all previous TWSs. But i prefer the WF XM3 's sound the best, and the mic sound of the three TWSs are better than the WH XM3.

So in daily situations when my wife and son both having video conference for their online work and school classes, the order i rate the ANC to block voice chatter is
BQC35 < X8 < WF XM3 < WH XM3

Maybe another solution to your problem is asking your wife to also use earphones? Might or may not work for you, because my wife and son don't like it and sure prefer to use the speakers for conference, so i'm stuck with using ANC instead :sweat_smile:

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #22,655 of 62,203
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #22,657 of 62,203
Thoughts on ANC TWS? My wife is working from home now due to the Covid and I can't concentrate on my work because she has to have the radio on in the background playing 80's music. I was considering getting the Boltune ANC TWS or the Dyplay ANC. I know Edifier (and highly rated by Scarbir) are out there also, but much more costly. Can anyone comment on if they think any of the TWS with ANC will help block out the 80's music I'm being tortured with each day? Thank you.
Note: I have the Fill T1x and they help isolate, but will any of the ANC TWS do better?

This one's easy. Tell your wife to turn it off, you can't concentrate on your work. Or tell her to wear headphones/earbuds.

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #22,661 of 62,203
Ordered these cheap for kiddo from the river people ... anyone know these? AE2385CA-96C8-4E53-88C5-6B7927855B68.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #22,662 of 62,203
More "raindrop" TWEs that won't stay put in my ears :wink:

Still happy with the Bomaker SiFi II that have now become my goto "non ANC TWS" ! There's really no denying that not having to fidget with the fit of a TWE is a huge plus.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #22,663 of 62,203
$25 and better than my GT1 Plus? Good stuff. (Remember to donate to Scarbir if you can, I just did).

Posted this here already but they are $19.49 from the Edifier Store while the sale is till active.

I might have gotten one but I said if the new JVC was $130 instead of $150 I would get that and It was $130 so that is coming here by Friday.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #22,664 of 62,203
Really? How are they bad? I initially didn't think they were great either because vocals sounded a bit too metallic, but I finally applied some EQ (lowered the 400 and 1k Hz regions) and these sound much better now.

Fit issues will also degrade sound quality, if these don't fit your ears well then no amount of sound tweaking will make the WFs good. The Spinfit CP360s have worked well for me, but then, everybody has differently sized ears...just gotta find tips that'll fit yours.
That's awesome that you've had a good experience with them. For me, the sound is muffled and doesn't sound nearly as good as the N6P's no matter how I mess with the EQ or what tips I use. The ANC and call quality is great, but I never use them for music. Glad I got them for $119 refurb or I'd be kind of p*ssed :)

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #22,665 of 62,203
Today I received the Soundpeats Truengine SE and the Votomy V22.

Unfortunately neither earphone will pair or connect to my phone (nokia 8). While my Bomaker SIFI II have no problem nor my Sony headphones. What am I doing wrong here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back