Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #22,681 of 62,473
Anyone able to get the Mpow x3? They were available for about a day on Amazon.

Last night after a couple of beers, I found the Edifier TWS NB on sale at the Edifier store (USA) for $69. I couldn't resist so I ordered. It will be my first pair of ANC TWS. They are still on sale now if you're interested.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #22,682 of 62,473
I guess there's a production problem with these. I've ordered mine a month ago, and it was only sent out this weekend. Having some doubt whether it will be better than the Boltune BH023 though.

Also: time to update my signature. Been a while since I logged in here. :p
No ambient mode on either one, eh? After using ambient mode on the APP, XM3, and SP800N, I found I use it more than I thought.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #22,683 of 62,473
Last night after a couple of beers, I found the Edifier TWS NB on sale at the Edifier store (USA) for $69. I couldn't resist so I ordered. It will be my first pair of ANC TWS. They are still on sale now if you're interested.
That's how I usually end up being most of my TWS is after a few Vodka Cranberry. My wife said I can't use that excuse anymore.

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #22,686 of 62,473
I guess there's a production problem with these. I've ordered mine a month ago, and it was only sent out this weekend. Having some doubt whether it will be better than the Boltune BH023 though.

Also: time to update my signature. Been a while since I logged in here. :p
Can’t seem to find those on german amazon ...
and yes, you have been missed.

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #22,687 of 62,473
Have many of you tried the Bomaker Sifi II?

I've done something in my review I was a bit ashamed to do, but am happy I just did it. I decided to lower the score for it. I think it's great for modern electronic genres like dance and pop - where you can really enjoy the bass and lower-mid emphasis on the Sifi II, but it just misses that instrumental spark of the original Sifi. Music is less airy, the soundstage isn't as spectacular and nor is instrument placement...

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #22,688 of 62,473

Not the most detailed sound, but boy, the ANC is great on those. Much better than Xiaomi's, Huawei/ Honor's or even Boltune's efforts.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #22,690 of 62,473
Hey guys, it’s more than 1500 pages and I guess we need a ranking list or something else. It’s not easy for the people who works many hours, to follow all developments in this field. What is the very best ones that money can buy for now? I need TOTL of tws.

Afaik for pure sound quality the current TOTL leaders are:

Sennheiser MTW2
Nuarl N6 pro
M&D MW07 plus (although not talked about as much the last couple hundred pages)

Maybe even in that order lol. I haven't heard them personally, so ymmv.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #22,691 of 62,473
Probably irrelevant, but I've decided to never go back to physical buttons. I discovered last weekend entirely by accident that I can play/pause/answer calls on my ADV Model X+ just by putting my ear to my shoulder. Absolute frickin lifesaver (okay, maybe an exaggeration) when my hands are occupied and/or dirty (like when grilling yesterday and I had a kid screaming at me and I needed to pause the music).

Now I'm curious if I could do the same and activate pass-through on the GBuds+ the same way. That would be the holy grail of never-having-to-take-my-earbuds-out.
Just tried it and it worked lol.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #22,692 of 62,473
Got these in today:
IMG_1398.JPGIMG_1401.JPGIMG_1403.JPGIMG_1404.JPGIMG_1406.JPGIMG_1408.JPG
Both the case and buds themselves are smaller than it seems in the stock pics. Case is 2 5/8" x 1 7/8 x 1" at the widest points. Also sturdy but not heavy. Lid and buds magnetically attach. Fins are small and softer than I thought. They fit more shallow and the tip, fin, and bottom bulbous part is all that contacts my ear. The design is nice so that you can handle them without activating the touch controls by accident. There is space to hold, adjust fit, put them in/out and no unintended presses at all.

Early connection report: Instant first pairing in aptX with my Sony A26. Solid and stable so far but need to test outside more.

We have English voice prompts for most things. Talk through doesn't say anything which makes sense if you are trying to hear someone but things like the bass boost will say "Bass" or "Off".

Talk through is one press like in the video...

You press once and the volume is lowered and mics open. Need to try with other devices but seems like you don't get much volume with the talk through. You can turn it back up but doesn't go too much. Most likely to not blow your ears out if you forgot you turned the volume up.

Need to let them burn in some but the sound seems very good. Some warmth and the bass boost is noticeable but controlled. Nice if the drivers tighten up a bit on the bass end. They also take EQ from the Sony very well. Also want to tip roll and see what happens with normal tips instead of the shortened stock ones. Again, since the core is normal and the outside is shortened they should be fine as far as fitting normal length tips into the case. I did a quick test with M Earfits and they fit into the case fine. Easier than expected fit, very good comfort, good connection and sound so far.

Update a couple hours in... I already tested with one other device and near instant detection. A little use and the fit is just super easy. Just put them up to my ears and they stay there with the out of the box tips and fins. Barely takes a second to fit and no twisting or real adjusting needed once you get accustomed. I tested a solid connection to 60+ feet and behind a wooden stockade fence till I got short drop when I spun around and was sideways my body blocking the signal. Sound has actually changed as that bass bloat out of the box dropped and is more tight and fun and more developed and dynamic. Happy and surprised to hear it. Nice dynamic sound now and clearer down low to match the nice mids and treble. More cohesive than before since the bass is now as sharp, tight and clear as the rest of the spectrum. Bass is more realistic and detailed and seems lesser/more controlled which makes them really balanced. So, they are actually quite balanced and not as warm as they first were and you can use the bass boost to get more thump but they are more of an all-rounder with the boost off. Sony should have done that with the XB700 to make them more versatile esp. since they don't work with their app.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #22,694 of 62,473

Back to the drawing board? Huge case, 3 hours?, difficult fit, and no auto off. Always have to be wary of first attempt Chi-Fi TWS'.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #22,695 of 62,473
T2 Pro Sports Wireless Earbuds
Lightweight and secure fit design, perfect partner for his next workout.

$15.99 $59.99

Promo code: FORDAD
I'm very curious about the B530. I recently got the Tranya T2 Pro because it was cheap ($32 after coupon on Amazon) and I'm really happy with it other than the push-button control. Despite its categorization of "much emphasis on deep bass" I don't find the bass overpowering.

I also got the often recommended cheap QCY T5 but didn't find the sound nearly as pleasant and the touch controls seemed to only work sporadically.

Just today I received the Votomy V22. The touch controls on these work perfectly. They sound good, perhaps a little more detailed than the T2 Pro but with a very crispy treble that borders on painful. In the end I like the T2 Pro better, but wish it had the V22's touch controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back