Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #22,411 of 62,195
So are you basically saying the n6 is better for sq? I have APP and MTW2 and L2P already so trying to figure if the gbuds will be redundant or be a nice addition. Tx.
I love my L2P for pure sound quality. But buds + much more comfortable and ambient sound makes more practical if you know you will need to talk to someone or hear other sounds and not have to keep removing an earbuds to do so.

Some songs prefer buds + over L2P as they do mids and vocals a bit better but L2P when eq'd right sound like an over ear headphone. Buds plus are more all around due to other features and comfort with smaller case.....

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #22,412 of 62,195
Ok my Gbuds plus sound great again. Not sure what happened after the update but initially it was as if the sound profile reset and normal dynamic etc didn’t sound different nor did activating Dolby atmos.
well I reset the buds and repaired them with no change but then a new wareable app update came out the next day.
Listened to them last night and sounded better than ever.

soundstage wider.
better instrument separation
Missing bass was back. It’s not boomy or muddy but tight with deep extension. Very musical now.
love these buds. My L2P are more powerful sounding with stronger bass but the kids and voices sound so good on the Gbuds+!
Yeah I feel like the sound is smoother and less fatiguing, even in Dynamic mode, although sometimes I wish drums hit harder as they did before.

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #22,414 of 62,195
I got the MTW BA, Get the FiiL T1X

The MTW100 sounds thin sometimes and the controlls are meh, also kills me that i cant control volume, i have to have my phone at 90% to get decent volume and i dont tend to boom out when it comes to volume, My sony A35 tends to hover at around 50/120

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #22,415 of 62,195
I got the MTW BA, Get the FiiL T1X

The MTW100 sounds thin sometimes and the controlls are meh, also kills me that i cant control volume, i have to have my phone at 90% to get decent volume and i dont tend to boom out when it comes to volume, My sony A35 tends to hover at around 50/120

Noted. I read abt the Fiil T1X having driver flex. It is a common issue?

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #22,416 of 62,195

Driver flex on the FIIL T1X was bad for me, right side worse than left, which could bind up the driver and prevent it from working properly until I got my ear canal pressure equalized.

Changing to some different tips helps, with olive shaped tips va the mushroom shaped tips that came with them. It’s still a little bit of an issue but with much less fiddling to get it right now. The T1X sound hits way above its price if you can get them to work and don’t mind the lack of transparency mode. The app works good For EQ but I didn’t need EQ.

Silicone Replacement Ear Tips Earbuds Eargels for Mpow,Senso,Zeus,Otium,Hussar,Let... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5FZW7J/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_SHm2EbM1DM0Y5

(edit Siri heard me say T1S and I was dictating T1X.)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #22,417 of 62,195
Hi All,

Looking for a TWS pair for calls only (good mic in quiet and crowded situations), as have cabled IEMs for music.

All the good ones seem big and protrude out of the ear a lot, so looking for the best pair up to £100, that are good with voice calls, have active cancellation (if possible), and don’t protrude.

I saw the FIIL T1X gets good reviews on the scarbir list but can’t find in stock in the UK at the moment, and a 20 to 40 day shipping on Aliexpress. What alternatives can you recommend? I read the Shanling MTW100 Balanced Armature is great for sound but the microphones aren’t good. The Cambridge Audios looks as though they stick out a lot too.

Saw the Tronsmart Onyx Neo recommended elsewhere too, and see there’s a newer Onyx Free version but it seems bigger.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #22,418 of 62,195
Just picked up the Buds+. I remember crinacle mentioned the upper mids can get a bit hot, but I'm not feeling that, at all. In fact I feel the mids are a bit recessed.
These are the only IEMs I've used recently that don't pierce my ears without sounding too dull.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #22,420 of 62,195
Yeah, I think the driver flex is pretty common. I bought 3 pairs (2 gifts, 1 for myself) and all of them had driver flex. While I love the Fiil's I'm not sure I would recommend them at their regular price. At $34.99, they are a fantastic deal.

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #22,421 of 62,195
Hi, again!

After a couple of days thinking about the Nuarl N6 Pro, I finally purchased a pair of Galaxy Buds + for 131€ on Amazon.es

I updated the firmware etc to the latest one and started using them with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and after few minutes testing the presets I ended up quickly in Dynamic EQ setup. The other options sounded like pure garbage lol.

Then, 4-5 hours of music. I tried like 40-50 songs I’ve listened a thousand times with different cans to test the buds. Based on how I know where and when should I expect certain reactions from the driver, having a more or less trained ear I should say that it’s not that they’re bad, but they’re not good either.

The overall sound, specially bass is muffled and sounds edgy. I'm not a basshead but it's insufficient no matter how you see it. The buds struggle to perform sub bass, and while the bass is liquid, not punchy, not bad, the amount needed in the track to make them work is absolutely ridiculous. Also you need to have a 65%+ volume to move the thing properly which is above more than average for what I used to have.

The treble is nice, nothing wrong with that, perform well with vocals, videos/podcast and it’s also ok with some acoustic music (obviously I don’t expect audiophile performance).

The soundstage is weird as ****, inconsistent. While they have a decent wide one it seems like it’s somehow emulated through some kind of software effect or whatever, cause certain spots they decide to trim parts in a strange way. It's my first time with a BT audio device and maybe this is an usual problem but, after hearing same track with different cans one after the other is even more obvious. This is noticeable with orchestras and music with a lot of different layers.

They are comfortable, but the tactile controls seems to be resistive and not capacitive because they play / pause the music just while laying on the bed or the couch, which is horrible. I mean, if you’re going to do that I just prefer buttons.

Overall, the experience it's not that bad, but only if they costed like... ¿60$? LOL Not at 150$ price tag (or 120, or even 100).

At this point I'm thinking in pulling the trigger on the Nuarl N6 Pro and take a leap of faith due the lack of actual reviews / comparisons. My ideal profile is the one of Beyer DT 770, plain and a little fun, and maybe I'm obssesed with the Nuarl because I read somewhere that they were like the DT 770's and the fact that I can't get em easily makes them more appealing hah.

TLDR; I was looking for a TWS decent audio earbuds. Purchased Galaxy Buds+ and I’m disappointed. Any suggestion on other options with better quality? I don’t consider Jabra Elite due to pairing problems.

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #22,422 of 62,195
Just picked up the Buds+. I remember crinacle mentioned the upper mids can get a bit hot, but I'm not feeling that, at all. In fact I feel the mids are a bit recessed.
These are the only IEMs I've used recently that don't pierce my ears without sounding too dull.
Their new update might have changed the sound a little bit.

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #22,423 of 62,195
Are the Buds+ larger than the FIIL T1X?
The earbuds are about the same size but different shape. Buds+ is more roundish while t1x is more oval like mpow m5. The gbuds+ case is way smaller than t1x case and more ergonomics shape wise.

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #22,424 of 62,195
Hi, again!

After a couple of days thinking about the Nuarl N6 Pro, I finally purchased a pair of Galaxy Buds + for 131€ on Amazon.es

I updated the firmware etc to the latest one and started using them with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and after few minutes testing the presets I ended up quickly in Dynamic EQ setup. The other options sounded like pure garbage lol.

Then, 4-5 hours of music. I tried like 40-50 songs I’ve listened a thousand times with different cans to test the buds. Based on how I know where and when should I expect certain reactions from the driver, having a more or less trained ear I should say that it’s not that they’re bad, but they’re not good either.

The overall sound, specially bass is muffled and sounds edgy. I'm not a basshead but it's insufficient no matter how you see it. The buds struggle to perform sub bass, and while the bass is liquid, not punchy, not bad, the amount needed in the track to make them work is absolutely ridiculous. Also you need to have a 65%+ volume to move the thing properly which is above more than average for what I used to have.

The treble is nice, nothing wrong with that, perform well with vocals, videos/podcast and it’s also ok with some acoustic music (obviously I don’t expect audiophile performance).

The soundstage is weird as ****, inconsistent. While they have a decent wide one it seems like it’s somehow emulated through some kind of software effect or whatever, cause certain spots they decide to trim parts in a strange way. It's my first time with a BT audio device and maybe this is an usual problem but, after hearing same track with different cans one after the other is even more obvious. This is noticeable with orchestras and music with a lot of different layers.

They are comfortable, but the tactile controls seems to be resistive and not capacitive because they play / pause the music just while laying on the bed or the couch, which is horrible. I mean, if you’re going to do that I just prefer buttons.

Overall, the experience it's not that bad, but only if they costed like... ¿60$? LOL Not at 150$ price tag (or 120, or even 100).

At this point I'm thinking in pulling the trigger on the Nuarl N6 Pro and take a leap of faith due the lack of actual reviews / comparisons. My ideal profile is the one of Beyer DT 770, plain and a little fun, and maybe I'm obssesed with the Nuarl because I read somewhere that they were like the DT 770's and the fact that I can't get em easily makes them more appealing hah.

TLDR; I was looking for a TWS decent audio earbuds. Purchased Galaxy Buds+ and I’m disappointed. Any suggestion on other options with better quality? I don’t consider Jabra Elite due to pairing problems.
One problem with your argument and its a fatal one too. iPhone 11 pro max.
SBC and AAC on gbuds+ sounds bad. You need samsung phone or android phone with custom ROM.
The Nuarl N6 Pro is better than gbuds+ in every sound quality category.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #22,425 of 62,195
One problem with your argument and its a fatal one too. iPhone 11 pro max.
SBC and AAC on gbuds+ sounds bad. You need samsung phone or android phone with custom ROM.
The Nuarl N6 Pro is better than gbuds+ in every sound quality category.

Damn. I mean, I prefer an iPhone over Android so it is what it is, until now I've only used wired headphones so... no problems in that regard.
I was thinking about ordering a pair of WH MX3's as a portable headphones too, may I face that problem too? And the Nuarl? :<

I don't understand why they make earphones that doesn't work properly with the codecs of the most sold smartphone brand in the world (kinda of lol). What a cruel world.

Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back