Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #22,441 of 62,476
British vs American spelling. British usually spells with 'z' while American uses 's'. Like apologize vs apologise. I have set my phone to use American English so that I get the $ sign instead of the £ symbol in the gboad shortcut as my country uses $, so that may be the reason why it's spelled with an 's'.
Interesting...I have never heard that before. I live iin NY and have always spelled it with a "z". The suggestions that pop up when I type on my phone also show "equalizer."

All this talk of the Gbuds+ and MTW2 is giving me the itch again but my MTWs and MW07Go are still working great and still I use them all the time despite being stuck at home for 2 1/2 months now.

If anyone has both, how is the call quality of the Gbud+ vs the MTW? I am still using my MTWs for calls and find it usable but not that great. Sometimes I just use my wired IEMs as well. I always liked the small size of the Gbuds.

EDIT: I know @HeadphoneAddict mentioned they're good for calls a few posts back, which got me thinking I might "need" to get the GBuds+ for calls since I spend a few hours a day on calls these days. Wondering if it's much better than the MTW.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #22,442 of 62,476
Interesting...I have never heard that before. I live iin NY and have always spelled it with a "z". The suggestions that pop up when I type on my phone also show "equalizer."

All this talk of the Gbuds+ and MTW2 is giving me the itch again but my MTWs and MW07Go are still working great and still I use them all the time despite being stuck at home for 2 1/2 months now.

If anyone has both, how is the call quality of the Gbud+ vs the MTW? I am still using my MTWs for calls and find it usable but not that great. Sometimes I just use my wired IEMs as well. I always liked the small size of the Gbuds.

EDIT: I know @HeadphoneAddict mentioned they're good for calls a few posts back, which got me thinking I might "need" to get the GBuds+ for calls since I spend a few hours a day on calls these days. Wondering if it's much better than the MTW.
It (Gbud+) is really good apparently and passed the test inside a fully blast fan noise inside commercial kitchen cooler/freezer.

The place where I work has 6 of these fans inside the cooler.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #22,443 of 62,476
It (Gbud+) is really good apparently and passed the test inside a fully blast fan noise inside commercial kitchen cooler/freezer.

The place where I work has 6 of these fans inside the cooler.

Thanks. I think I will have to check these out.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #22,444 of 62,476

I stay in Singapore, we are taught British English in schools, but English entertainment mainly comes from USA, so both spellings are fine with us. :)

I usually look for ebpman reviews for call quality tests. The galaxy buds+ cuts out more ambient noise and is excellent for calls.

He had reviewed the mtw2 too. The call quality seems ok but I don't think it can be used one sided. I usually use one bud for calls as I like to keep my other ear free during calls.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #22,445 of 62,476
Anyone with the Jabra 75t's comment on the apps built in EQ? Im interested in them but have heard they are pretty bass heavy. Can they be made to sound good and neutral(ish) with the apps EQ? I've specifically read that they have a very strong sub-bass, and a not so strong mid-bass. I wouldn't want to EQ them to the point where there ends up being a big suckout in the mid-bass.

Basically I really like my Lypertek Tevi's, but am interested in if I can make the 75t sound similar, but i want the option to have an ambient mode/audio passthrough mode with the 75t has.
You could go back just a few posts from today to see what I had to say about the Jabra 75t EQ. It’s very functional for a 5 band equalizer.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #22,446 of 62,476
I stay in Singapore, we are taught British English in schools, but English entertainment mainly comes from USA, so both spellings are fine with us. :)

I usually look for ebpman reviews for call quality tests. The galaxy buds+ cuts out more ambient noise and is excellent for calls.

He had reviewed the mtw2 too. The call quality seems ok but I don't think it can be used one sided. I usually use one bud for calls as I like to keep my other ear free during calls.

Thanks. I do the same. I use my MTW one sided for calls (only the right side works by itself). Can't stand talking with something in both ears.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #22,447 of 62,476

Because I can make the ambient sound during phone calls louder with the Gbuds+, they’re a little better for phone calls than the MTW. On low or medium ambient it isn’t any better, but on the high setting it is.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #22,448 of 62,476
Because I can make the ambient sound during phone calls louder with the Gbuds+, they’re a little better for phone calls than the MTW. On low or medium ambient it isn’t any better, but on the high setting it is.
Got it. Thanks!

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #22,451 of 62,476
British vs American spelling. British usually spells with 'z' while American uses 's'. Like apologize vs apologise. I have set my phone to use American English so that I get the $ sign instead of the £ symbol in the gboad shortcut as my country uses $, so that may be the reason why it's spelled with an 's'.

Just to weigh in from good ole Dayton, Ohio. I think both spellings are acceptable, but I've never seen 'Equalizer' used without the 'z'.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #22,452 of 62,476
There are a bunch of N6P impressions posted here, from the most prominent posters, but this thread is so big that they get lost in the storm. I got these dates below based on photos I took for the reviews, but they review might have been posted within a day or two of those dates.

I think I posted some N6P impressions around 5/2/20 (the pair that arrived 4/30/20 were defective), and some Jabra 75t impressions around 5/14/20, and some Sony WF-SP800N impressions around 5/21/20, if you scroll back to those dates. In the last one I summarized some my experiences. I also posted a full review of the Sennheiser MTW in the review section around 4/21/20.

The N6P sound better than most of my true wireless, but I only use them at home when I can tolerate the higher passive noise blocking without a transparency mode (the lack of which makes phone calls without removing an earpiece harder for me). When I need to be out and about with a transparency mode to hear my surroundings I had to use my MTW or AirPods Pro, where the MTW sound better but the APP transparency mode is better, so a conundrum. I started looking for one that could do everything.

Based on sound, and IF I had to get rid of most of my TW then I'd keep the MTW for the laid back and punchy sound with transparency mode available, and the N6P for more critical listening. I like the GBuds+ and Jabra 75t for their transparency mode and phone calls, but they are not the best for music.

I get better quality bass with my GBuds+ than Jabra (NOT muffled) and both are good for phones calls. With a good seal the GBuds+ bass is deep and strong for me, nothing like you describe. But the GBuds+ treble is sometimes a little sharp and the frequency response is somewhat v-shaped which is helped with the dynamic EQ but that makes the treble worse.

At least the Jabra 75t are easier to EQ in the app with 5 sliders, where I turn down the lowest bass, turn up the lower midrange, leave the midrange flat, turn up the lower treble, and turn down the high treble - the curve looks like a 2-hump wave or an "M" shape EQ curve. The transparency mode in the Buds+ was doing weird things, so I am waiting to see how the update fixes that, but while the Jabra transparency mode has more hiss it's still useable with a lot of pop music that drowns out the hiss (no hiss with transparency off).

I don't have to EQ the N6P at all, and they fit my ear canals to tightly that no sound can get in and they seal well. But then when I'm talking on a phone call I hear my own voice resonate inside my head and I can't tell how loud I am actually talking in the phone call - So I either try to talk quieter than my voice will allow and it cracks, or talk louder so that my voice can penetrate through the seal from the outside.

The GBuds+ and Jabra are more comfortable for me than the N6P because the N6P are larger and tighter. But, if I want comfort I can fall back to my Sennheiser MTW - my only wish with those was to have the transparency mode be just a little louder and I wouldn't have been rolling through different buds to try their features.

Also, I AM UNABLE to use the GBuds+ controls through pressure or laying on them, and must touch them with a finger or body part to activate the buttons - not sure how yours do that laying down.
Wow great info, thanks. I had the same experience with the N6P's. Put my favorite Acoustune tips on, stick them in my ears and play some music. They sound perfect. I have noticed though that people don't seem to hear me as well on phone calls as they do with the Sony XM3... So i usually stick those bad boys in for work calls and stuff

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #22,453 of 62,476
Has anyone heard anything from the house of BOSE, specifically when the heck they finally get their ANC buds out there? Really has been a while since announcement, was it last September? I am so ready to throw money in their direction, I even found myself wondering if I should get a 3rd pair of the SSF, because 'orange' ... pretty ... also: 159€

I think the pandemic and the terrible shipping from China has weened me off my cheap chifi tws addiction ... i still have several 'in the mail' (or lost at sea?) from the end of March sale ... they keep pushing the buyer protection time and all I can do is wait ... by now those are old, and / or cheaper ...

So, I have been looking at some older 'higher level' buds and I recall that the CA Melomania 1 usually was highly praised around here ... have a chance to get them for 92€ ... with amazon return advantages ... shall I?

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #22,454 of 62,476
Had the Jabra Elite Active 75T delivered this morning and have had a couple of hours listening while out walking the dog!

My experience of true wireless earphones is lacking compared to others and have only been trying them out for the last 2-3 months.
So far I have tried and returned or sold - Cambridge Melomenia, Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and the Mifo 07.

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with any of them, the fit was an issue with all and sound I found was also lacking for different reasons on all 3.

The Jabra 75t on early impressions seems to be the exception for me. First off the build quality is excellent, nice materials and a nice feel in the hand, the fit is more or less perfect with supplied medium tips. Walked around town this afternoon and through the local park without the need to readjust the fit.

The app is excellent, easy to set up and use.

Sound quality is so far the best I've heard in my limited experience of wireless earphones. Very brief description, mids and high are both smooth and detailed with a nice crispness to the presentation, the bass is strong, to my ears it's not overwhelming. It sounds stronger when I'm sat in the house however out walking it doesn't appear as strong or prominent.

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #22,455 of 62,476
Anyone here with Senn MTW2 feel like sharing their EQ setting using the Smartcontrol app?

Set the EQ to what sounds best for you. Most people need different EQ from other people, unless there is something seriously wrong with the IEM that needs to be fixed. And the Momentum is not said to have anything seriously wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back