Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 26, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #20,161 of 62,454
Well I just ordered a Lypertek Tevi. We'll see how it is.

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #20,162 of 62,454
Feb 26, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #20,163 of 62,454
Make sure you get them from somewhere where you can send them back easily because several of us have had QC problems with them, like annoying static (not just a high noise floor) on either side.

In other news I received the GGMM T1 and I'm not too impressed. They're awkward to put on (I have to twist my ear a bit) but mostly I get ZERO seal with the provided tips...or with any other tips I've tried (CP360, ikko, CP100) so they sound "tinny". Only the Comply T200 help to beef up the sound a bit but the isolation remains poor. Not even sure it's worth trying to run with them...

Yup thats my concern, saw some reports about the static, and outside of US so I dont have amazon as middleman to help return process! Im planning to purchase off geekbuying. Gearbest has them too but probably not any better for returns.

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #20,164 of 62,454
Anyone tried both Soundpeats TrueDot and TruEngine SE? TruDots rated to be superior on Scarbir (including 1st for value and 3rd for sound quality and call quality), but most comments I've read elsewhere have been the exact opposite!

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #20,165 of 62,454
Since another user was asking here as well - update on t1x tip size - I can't find my vernier caliper but they're a solid 5mm using a tape measure. 4.9mm inner diameter tips would/should fit. In order to fit in the case you'll either need to get something short and stubby or some cheap ones and cut them down quite a bit (or just fork out for Comply's!).

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #20,166 of 62,454
Let me say up front that a comparison between a $150 and a $300 set of TWS buds is not fair. But here goes anyway. Keep in mind, I'm using an Android phone, which means I'm using AAC with Galaxy Buds+ and Apt-x with M&D WM07 Plus.
1. The sound quality of the WM07 Plus+ is clearly superior. Better balanced, more depth, better imaging, more 3D. The Buds+ grew on me over the past week. Perhaps burn-in, probably mostly my brain adjusting to them. But really no comparison. Looking forward to the M&D's burning in.
2. The case is lighter and smaller for the buds, and i really appreciate the wireless charging. However, it won't close with foam tips. The M&D case closes with foam tips.
3. I prefer the physical buttons of the M&D's to the touch controls of the Buds, but both are intuitive and work well. I still can't put the Buds in my ears without activating something accidentally.
4. Features are pretty even. I prefer that the Buds have an app and more control over ambient mode, which may be a little better. ANC on the M&D's is mildly useful.
5. The Buds for my ears are very comfortable. The M&D's are not uncomfortable, but not as good for my particular ears.
6. Connection quality is great on both, but seems slightly better on the M&D's.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #20,167 of 62,454
Wild. Since I returned mine, I decided to try them again for $8 shipped. I wonder if they’ll cancel my order...
And yes, they cancelled my 1Tx order. :slight_frown:

Hey folks I have been eyeing the Fiil T1X the past week due to the consistent good reviews. Do you guys recommend I go ahead with the purchase or consider other models?
As another person mentioned, strong recommendation for purchasing where you can return them. I had driver flex in the left ear bud and returned them.

Since another user was asking here as well - update on t1x tip size - I can't find my vernier caliper but they're a solid 5mm using a tape measure. 4.9mm inner diameter tips would/should fit. In order to fit in the case you'll either need to get something short and stubby or some cheap ones and cut them down quite a bit (or just fork out for Comply's!).

Your tape skills are very good!
I used my calipers to measure the 1Tx, it is exactly as shown. 5mm at the outer most part of the lip and 4mm on the inner part of the lip.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #20,168 of 62,454
vaaccess said:
I used my calipers to measure the 1Tx, it is exactly as shown. 5mm at the outer most part of the lip and 4mm on the inner part of the lip.

Wow I wish I found your post yesty! I was about 50 pages off unfortunately... so many replies in this thread haha :sweat_smile:

I read your post, and coincidentally I had already ordered pretty much identical foam tips (the Misodoki ones or whichever). Great minds :call_me:

Now where the hell are my calipers!!

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #20,169 of 62,454
How you finding these man??
They’re going back. No volume control. ANC is eh. Better on the Cleer, Sony and APP. Sound is low which I was surprised. Also, the fit didn’t work for me. Tried so many tips, none worked outside of the OEM tips that would fit in the case. No firmware updates and no Qi charging. Oh well. Thought they’d wow me, but there are better options.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #20,170 of 62,454
Why are there so few measurements for all these budget TWS earphones? There are so many options on Amazon and the user reviews are of course all over the place and untrustworthy in general.

Can anyone tell me which would be best out of Fiil t1x, SoundPEATS truefree plus, Bomaker sifi, mpow m5, annnnnd the TOZO T6? I'm using an iPhone so I primarily care about AAC. I'm concerned that some of these will be too heavy to stay in.

and can anyone say how well the t1x's stay in the ear (and also if you use the included rubber ear wing things, however they work)

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #20,171 of 62,454
still no showstopper tws announced?
apt-x ->
ambient
anc
all normal controls: volume,tracks,ambient\anc etc
ipx rated
Hopefully the DSI on Indiegogo delivers...

Has anyone noticed stereo crosstalk on TWS is actually better than most wired IEMs or headphones?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #20,172 of 62,454
Let me say up front that a comparison between a $150 and a $300 set of TWS buds is not fair. But here goes anyway. Keep in mind, I'm using an Android phone, which means I'm using AAC with Galaxy Buds+ and Apt-x with M&D WM07 Plus.
1. The sound quality of the WM07 Plus+ is clearly superior. Better balanced, more depth, better imaging, more 3D. The Buds+ grew on me over the past week. Perhaps burn-in, probably mostly my brain adjusting to them. But really no comparison. Looking forward to the M&D's burning in.
2. The case is lighter and smaller for the buds, and i really appreciate the wireless charging. However, it won't close with foam tips. The M&D case closes with foam tips.
3. I prefer the physical buttons of the M&D's to the touch controls of the Buds, but both are intuitive and work well. I still can't put the Buds in my ears without activating something accidentally.
4. Features are pretty even. I prefer that the Buds have an app and more control over ambient mode, which may be a little better. ANC on the M&D's is mildly useful.
5. The Buds for my ears are very comfortable. The M&D's are not uncomfortable, but not as good for my particular ears.
6. Connection quality is great on both, but seems slightly better on the M&D's.
Have you taken the MW07 Plus out and about yet in busy places?

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #20,173 of 62,454
try using a foam tips reversed (upside down). it works well for me. there's also some silicone tips that can be used reversed (like the MH755 and KZ starline tips), but i like the sound of the foam better with the T1, and it also still fits in the charging case (i use the new bee foams).
the fit is also my main problem when i first got the GGMM T1 to the point i almost sell them immediately. the reason i kept giving effort to get a good fit because other than that, it's a really great product (nice headphone-like sound, great controls, battery life, waterproofing, superb drop-proof).
i can wear them under ear with any tips no problem, but i have to reverse the L/R output on the phone.
funny thing is, after trying that upside-down hack with foams, i started to discover that it can also applied to my other IEMs.

Yes when worn upside down I have a better fit and even with the stock tips the sound was decent, however I could not resort myself to walk around my local supermarket like that :wink: I did try to reverse the T200 cylindrical "isolation" tips like you did but I didn't notice any improvement compared to using the T200 round "audio" tips, possibly worse since the harder plastic of the bottom part hurt my ears a bit.

Yup thats my concern, saw some reports about the static, and outside of US so I dont have amazon as middleman to help return process! Im planning to purchase off geekbuying. Gearbest has them too but probably not any better for returns.

Don't count on being able to send them back to Gearbest as they do not honor their "return postage paid for DOA items", they only offer partial refunds.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #20,174 of 62,454
Hey folks I have been eyeing the Fiil T1X the past week due to the consistent good reviews. Do you guys recommend I go ahead with the purchase or consider other models?

If you're on an iphone, they seem to get universally good grades. As an android user, I found their AAC on Android made them nothing special and got rid of them as they don't support aptx.

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #20,175 of 62,454
I'm also eyeing the t1x along with bomaker sifi. not sure which one to go for though - t1x has usb type c and those wings, where the bomaker has aptx ( which might be worth considering, if you are going to use it with android phone and not with apple device) and better case...

decisions decisions. if only I knew a coupon code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back