Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 26, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #20,149 of 62,092

there's a new video about it on youtube. i also saw that on online store in my country, but strangely can't find it on AE. that's the first review that I've seen. the only thing that made me hesitant is the battery life.. my mental limit for putchase is now set at minimum 5 hours playtime :ksc75smile:

Wow, Kenneth is really trying hard here to find things he likes (since he wants to get more free stuff from GB in the future :) ) ... but also seems that he has little experience with half in ear buds ... and what is he testing that dual mode so thoroughly for? ah well, stalling for time to fit in more ads I guess ... could have mentioned they have AAC ... and not sure why he is dismissing 14mm drivers, that is huge and in some occasions a premium selling point ...

Still interested, they are pretty similar to these buds I got a while ago (very different case though)
j502.jpg

Ooooh, and something brandnew on AliExpress (i am the first 'liker') called Tyroq S10 has that same earbud built, very different, fancy case, AptX and 50$ price tag ... that could also be interesting ...
tyroq.jpg

(edit: not so sure about the AptX. 3 sellers on AliExpress and only one is super advertising that feature, another mentions it in passing and the 3rd does not mention it at all ...)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #20,150 of 62,092
Hey Gents,

I took on a new role at work and it's been a busy Feb. I've been struggling to keep up with the thread. I'm currently on the hunt for another pair of ANC buds. I hardly ever use my Sony XM1000's as I find the ambient/passthrough just to low to be of use to me and after a recent firmware update on the echo buds, the touch functionality is so much better. I mostly use my APPs and the Echo Buds as Daily Drivers so i'm looking for something equivalent ambient soundwise or better. The APPs are a clear winner with ANC and the Echo Buds have excellent sound quality and decent ANC/ANR. Any Suggestions? Who's using what right now? I'd like to stay in the $100-200 price range.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #20,151 of 62,092
Update ony the SSKs.
I sleep with them and a few days back found one of the buds lost the rubber button. Found it eventually and stuck it back using quick glue but it hardend the button (it works but lack feedback now).

Anyhow the sound have been excellent though. Loving these even more as they have definitely 'opened up' with more listening.

These are definitely my favorite sounding gear, I've been feeling the itch though for getting a new toy, anybody who loves thier SSKs and would recommend me something that sounds similar but resolves more detail without being sibilant & tiring. Wired IEM would also be ok.

Thanks

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #20,152 of 62,092
Hey Gents,

I took on a new role at work and it's been a busy Feb. I've been struggling to keep up with the thread. I'm currently on the hunt for another pair of ANC buds. I hardly ever use my Sony XM1000's as I find the ambient/passthrough just to low to be of use to me and after a recent firmware update on the echo buds, the touch functionality is so much better. I mostly use my APPs and the Echo Buds as Daily Drivers so i'm looking for something equivalent ambient soundwise or better. The APPs are a clear winner with ANC and the Echo Buds have excellent sound quality and decent ANC/ANR. Any Suggestions? Who's using what right now? I'd like to stay in the $100-200 price range.
are you referring to the Sony WF-1000XM3?
I dont use the passthrough much myself since I always want ANC, but the Level 20 setting lets in a lot of noise.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #20,153 of 62,092
Hey Gents,

Man I feel you on the business. My schedule has been crazy this year. I just ordered the au-stream hybrid from ausounds for $185 with discount code WELCOMEBACK20 (not sure if that was a one time use code). Will let you know my impressions when they show up, probably next week!

Feb 26, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #20,154 of 62,092
Update ony the SSKs.
I sleep with them and a few days back found one of the buds lost the rubber button. Found it eventually and stuck it back using quick glue but it hardend the button (it works but lack feedback now).

Anyhow the sound have been excellent though. Loving these even more as they have definitely 'opened up' with more listening.

These are definitely my favorite sounding gear, I've been feeling the itch though for getting a new toy, anybody who loves thier SSKs and would recommend me something that sounds similar but resolves more detail without being sibilant & tiring. Wired IEM would also be ok.

Thanks
Back in the day someone had the very same with their Anbes 359, rubber part of button coming loose ... also glued it on
Need to give both (anbes / ssk) some more listening love, thanks for the reminder

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #20,156 of 62,092
Hey folks I have been eyeing the Fiil T1X the past week due to the consistent good reviews. Do you guys recommend I go ahead with the purchase or consider other models?
I really enjoy them. No lack of connection, comfortable, fast connection and great sound.

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #20,157 of 62,092
Hey folks I have been eyeing the Fiil T1X the past week due to the consistent good reviews. Do you guys recommend I go ahead with the purchase or consider other models?
Make sure you get them from somewhere where you can send them back easily because several of us have had QC problems with them, like annoying static (not just a high noise floor) on either side.

In other news I received the GGMM T1 and I'm not too impressed. They're awkward to put on (I have to twist my ear a bit) but mostly I get ZERO seal with the provided tips...or with any other tips I've tried (CP360, ikko, CP100) so they sound "tinny". Only the Comply T200 help to beef up the sound a bit but the isolation remains poor. Not even sure it's worth trying to run with them...

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #20,159 of 62,092
Make sure you get them from somewhere where you can send them back easily because several of us have had QC problems with them, like annoying static (not just a high noise floor) on either side.

In other news I received the GGMM T1 and I'm not too impressed. They're awkward to put on (I have to twist my ear a bit) but mostly I get ZERO seal with the provided tips...or with any other tips I've tried (CP360, ikko, CP100) so they sound "tinny". Only the Comply T200 help to beef up the sound a bit but the isolation remains poor. Not even sure it's worth trying to run with them...

try using a foam tips reversed (upside down). it works well for me. there's also some silicone tips that can be used reversed (like the MH755 and KZ starline tips), but i like the sound of the foam better with the T1, and it also still fits in the charging case (i use the new bee foams).
the fit is also my main problem when i first got the GGMM T1 to the point i almost sell them immediately. the reason i kept giving effort to get a good fit because other than that, it's a really great product (nice headphone-like sound, great controls, battery life, waterproofing, superb drop-proof).
i can wear them under ear with any tips no problem, but i have to reverse the L/R output on the phone.
funny thing is, after trying that upside-down hack with foams, i started to discover that it can also applied to my other IEMs.

there's also one hack that i think of that could potentially be used with any eartips and can still fit it the charger case, that is applying some materials (bluetack, foams, or rubber) on the side of the unit so it presses against the inside of the earlobe, but i haven't got the chance to do it, partly because the foam trick works well enough for me

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #20,160 of 62,092
Just received some WM07 Plus' and have been listening for 90 minutes on my Android phone. Initial reaction: wow these sound wonderful! Even with stock tips and no EQ, very nice, balanced, pleasant. Love the real buttons. Super intuitive to use all of the settings. Not so sure about comfort though. I'll try some foam tips when i get home and will compare to Galaxy Buds+. 99% sure Buds+ are going back to Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back