Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 4, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #19,636 of 62,362
I got a set of the Misodiko foam eartips to try them out. They sound great with my Liberty Pro 2 and Tranya B530 Pro, but they do the same thing I've had every set of foam eartips do; they stay in my ears when I pull the buds out. I end up having to pull them out with a pair of tweezers... I know they're on the earbud stem all the way. Any tips for how to fix this? If I go down to the next smaller size, they don't seal. :frowning2: I haven't tried Comply tips yet.

Got the Misodiko Pro tips today and same over here, they seal really REALLY well.
Like cement!
The tips do improve the sound of my Zolo Liberty and a bit of glue will keep them on the buds ...hopefully.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #19,637 of 62,362
I got a set of the Misodiko foam eartips to try them out. They sound great with my Liberty Pro 2 and Tranya B530 Pro, but they do the same thing I've had every set of foam eartips do; they stay in my ears when I pull the buds out. I end up having to pull them out with a pair of tweezers... I know they're on the earbud stem all the way. Any tips for how to fix this? If I go down to the next smaller size, they don't seal. :frowning2: I haven't tried Comply tips yet.

Are you just pulling straight back? If so, I'd instead try wiggling them in a circle or pressing front/back and up/down to slightly compress the foam before pulling. Or perhaps tilting/angling as you pull.

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #19,639 of 62,362
Further impressions of the Aufo M1:
Buzzing distortion occurs with certain bass or piano notes. Very bad in the intro of Magic by Coldplay or the drums in Luv (Sic) by Nujabes. I don't know if it's just my unit as it isn't noticeable with upbeat tracks. Considering exchanging or returning them - not sure if other users have experienced this. It's a shame they have this "aufo" distortion because the sound is otherwise nicely balanced with a fairly large soundstage. They have fairly deep bass but it only shows in certain tracks. Treble is smooth with a bit of sparkle.

Connectivity on my Exynos Note 9 is decent, but it does occasionally cut off if I'm dancing with them with my phone on the table. The BE30 UFO had a similar issue so I suspect it is a similar (Realtek?) chipset. On Windows 10 with SBC the connectivity is mediocre. Latency is much better than Android and ok for gaming, but I get cut-outs when multitasking. AptX devices works much better in this regard.

They also have an auto-power-off function after about 1 minute of no audio playing, even when connected to a device. Anyone experienced this with other TWS? I get that some chips do this to save battery but it's a hassle to have to power on instead of just outright resuming it. Sabbat E12 and Tronsmart Onyx Neo remain on, though the latter drains a lot of battery whether music is playing or not.

EDIT: I asked one reviewer who tested it out and told me there's no buzzing distortion in one of my test tracks. Looks like these are going back.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #19,640 of 62,362
Some days ago I discussed about the SBC vs AAC vs APTX issue, fueled by my disappointment regarding the unsupported AAC codec on the Bomaker Sifi, which for an iPhone user is a problem because you are limited to SBC. I've made a video showing clearly the problem with SBC and their artifacts that it produces...

What you are seeing depicted here, is a test between bluetooth codecs SBC and APTX (and the original WAV file) with a sine wave sound created between 10hz and 200hz (sub-bass and low bass areas).

In the first run I play the original file in WAV and you can see the graph sweeping cleanly between the corresponding frequencies. In the second one the same sine wave is being transcoded into APTX realtime and we can see in the graph that not much changed from the first one(perhaps a slight change in DB). At last I play the sound using SBC and we can clearly see some strange artifacts around 5khz along with the other expected frequencies.

This produces some metalic sub-bass feel, that can be heard clearly with bassier music.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #19,641 of 62,362
Try maxing the volume on the phone first, then full reset the TWS. I have similar experience with two of my TWS that uses realtek chipset (the QCYT1C and T5). Usually after reset, it would increase in volume.

Went back and forth just to find this post on this very active thread. Just to say THANK YOU.
I've tried last time with your suggestion but no dice. And during my free time, I tried them once more. I figure out something, before reset the earbuds, we need to put them into MAX volume, and then reset the buds, and reconnect with MAX volume again. That changed the max volume level (if previously was bonded to other device or something that made the bud volume level is lower).
I did this to my Haylou GT1 Plus with QCC3020 chipset not realtek, but it works! last time i tried i think because i didn't do in MAX volume level when unpair/pairing. I got like 20% volume increment now. Thanks dude you made my day!!

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #19,642 of 62,362
I know not everyone is as excited for the new Galaxy Buds as I am, but new info came out today! Biggest change is... dual dynamic drivers!! Also looks like the Galaxy Wear app is finally coming to ios for you iPhone folks so you can customize the buttons and set the EQ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-222645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204-222645_Chrome.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #19,643 of 62,362
Went back and forth just to find this post on this very active thread. Just to say THANK YOU.
I've tried last time with your suggestion but no dice. And during my free time, I tried them once more. I figure out something, before reset the earbuds, we need to put them into MAX volume, and then reset the buds, and reconnect with MAX volume again. That changed the max volume level (if previously was bonded to other device or something that made the bud volume level is lower).
I did this to my Haylou GT1 Plus with QCC3020 chipset not realtek, but it works! last time i tried i think because i didn't do in MAX volume level when unpair/pairing. I got like 20% volume increment now. Thanks dude you made my day!!

glad to help! :ksc75smile:

on the side note, i took my Airsun X8 to the Gym, and i got to say the connection range of this is not very good, can't dven went more than 3 meters away with a concrete column between it. i ended up have to carry my phone around in the gym. to date, only this and the older soundcore liberty neo that have a really short connection range. with the Dyplay and the others i can easily go across the room without any stuttering.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #19,644 of 62,362
I know not everyone is as excited for the new Galaxy Buds as I am, but new info came out today! Biggest change is... dual dynamic drivers!! Also looks like the Galaxy Wear app is finally coming to ios for you iPhone folks so you can customize the buttons and set the EQ.
Dual drivers might kick their sound up a notch! I find the current model a bit to polite sounding.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #19,645 of 62,362
the only other TWS I have in the pipeline currently is a backup pair of X12

I just ordered another pair myself. Mostly for the charging case. I lucked out and there was a used set on ebay, according to the seller used only once fwiw.

My recent set (new, received Jan 18) only has 3 of 4 leds lighting up. I popped the case apart and found no led soldered on from the factory. Doesn't affect anything but annoys me.

I'm considering getting and taking apart a wireless charging case to make the x12 case wirelessly charge.

IMG_20200118_153128.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #19,646 of 62,362

I quite like the galaxy buds and how it sounds, so kinda curious about how the new one would sound. I think their "AKG-tuned" wired earbuds for their phones are using dual dynamic drivers too? I have the USB-C one from the Note10 and the bass is a little too much for my taste, hopefully that's not the direction they're going with the new galaxy buds.

side note, this is like the worse time to buy stuff from China. I ordered a pair of Haylou GT1 Plus that finally starting shipping over from China after like a week, a pair of QCY T5 that won't be shipped till next week, and another pair of Vido earbuds that seems to be in limbo (after giving my old one to a friend a while back). But well, with everything that's going on right now, kinda understandable. Hope that this blows over soon and won't escalate further. Stay healthy guys!

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #19,647 of 62,362
I just ordered another pair myself. Mostly for the charging case. I lucked out and there was a used set on ebay, according to the seller used only once fwiw.

My recent set (new, received Jan 18) only has 3 of 4 leds lighting up. I popped the case apart and found no led soldered on from the factory. Doesn't affect anything but annoys me.

I'm considering getting and taking apart a wireless charging case to make the x12 case wirelessly charge.

IMG_20200118_153128.jpg
I remember seeing a seller on AE selling ‘just the case’ ... not sure if it was e12 or x12 though

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #19,648 of 62,362
Don’t know how I never seen these guys before until today. Would have not minded the sales price. Anyone know those? Or ‘NIA’?
A0D2C634-971E-4AC7-B5EF-517A543DE46C.jpeg
What intrigues me is the obvious inspiration by the Bose SSF. Down to the similar ear pieces (I suspect that in this case those there is ‘just’ an earbud shape opening hiding underneath.
But could be thudless.
Soooo, might bite that bullet at 20$. :wink:
bt 5, usb c, volume control

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #19,649 of 62,362
Hi All,
I'm relatively new to TWS, having started with a set of Bose QC30 that I wanted to listen to my music and quiet down the din in the office. They were supposed to be the best ANC at the time (well, depending what part of the Internet you believed, lol) Anyway, they went straight back 3 days later. Completely useless for listening to music in a quiet environment because ANC introduces an unacceptable floor of white noise.

This, it turns out, is how ANC works. ANC does not give you silence in a noisy environment. At best it gives you a softer muffled bunch of yuk, that will still mix in with your music, and typically is only really useful on the lower frequencies higher pitch voices can cut straight through, and that includes the latest Bose and Sony that I tried in the shop. I have to wonder if some have higher expectations that the technology actually gives. There is some fascinating research and white papers out there covering consumer and military applications and how they are tuned etc.

Anyway, ditched them and went back to a set of Bose Sound sport with no ANC and was able to enjoy my music again in full detail.

I did look at the Sound sport free but they were huge and had ANC so wasn't going there ...but the no wires perked my interest. And then TWS really started to take off on the back of the apple AirPods.

So where have I ended up...

Feb 5, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #19,650 of 62,362

MULTI DEVICE connection? 11 Hours Battery? Wow.... Just a shame that they wont likely have APTX...So even if you got a Samsung Phone you won't be able to experience it fully on all your devices like a PC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back