Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 3, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #19,606 of 62,675
I never did get that FW update for my 1more. If they can iron out the SQ issues over ANC, I'll revisit them. I agree it should be an easy fix if they actually wanted to fix. Switching back to Android, so I might give the MW07+ another run with Aptx.

Sad about the FW update. The MW07+ sound wonderful. Fit is and sound leak is what hurt me. New Beoplay 3rd gen out supposedly 2/14. Might be worth a flier.

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #19,607 of 62,675
Applied the firmware update --- thanks so much to Francesco. The original digital clipping I mentioned is still there on the song I quoted, I _think_ that the overall sound signature is improved though, but as I listen to more music, the clipping is always prone to come back, I just noticed again listening to Chemical Brothers' Got To Keep On around 3:45 onwards and you'll hear it all over the place (I am skipping past the section that has a lot of chaotic sound to a more regular passage - the metallic tearing/ripping sound happens almost on a marching tempo). The Nuarl 6's remain a tough act to beat, but the form factor of the o7s is so fantastic. I may send them back for replacement and check to see how that functions. But for right now, I won't keep them as is ---- if you have them, perhaps you can try on the above passage and see if you hear what I can.

Also - had a little look on amazon, and a couple of the critical reviews there seem to mention the precise same thing I am noticing. Surprised nobody here has noticed ? "On some songs with punchy bass, there is a terrible amount of noise distortion which is unbearable. It seems to be more prominent on one earbud which leads me to believe there may be some quality control issues in the manufacturing process." and "1/31/2020 I ordered a replacement because the sound crackles badly even at VERY low volume. This happened to the first one and it is annoying as hell. Im very very dissapointed. These ear buds have the form factor that i like and touch control but the sound quality is terrible."

Those comments I think on the balance reflect my impressions.

I’m not getting clipping on that song....

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #19,608 of 62,675
I’m not getting clipping on that song....

If you also don't get dreadful clipping on the soulwax song I reference in an earlier post, then I perhaps will try a return and replace -- subject to how the track air+s sound - and see if there is an improvement.... Perhaps there were some bad batches as it sounds some people here don't have this issue, whereas on Amazon at least a couple others did. And to be clear again, it's not just high volume , it's not just electronic dance music, the potential for the breakup is always there with bass of any kind I just chose those two tracks as it was super obvious for me.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #19,609 of 62,675
ANC is completely different to me than passive isolation. Like apples and oranges. Even well sealing iems will sound awful on a plane. I don’t care how well they isolate. ANC takes care of that. ANC kills the hum and background noise at the gym for me.

Just used my mifo o7 on a plane.my Klipsch X11i IEMs had pretty phenomenal passive isolation with Comply foam tips.

And, going in I thought these TWS had pretty good passive isolation with Misodiko TWS Pro tips. But they are quite a bit worse than my IEMs. Usable enough, but not the experience I was hoping for.

I guess I do want/need ANC. I’ll use my Klipsch on planes for the time being I guess.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #19,610 of 62,675
If you also don't get dreadful clipping on the soulwax song I reference in an earlier post, then I perhaps will try a return and replace -- subject to how the track air+s sound - and see if there is an improvement.... Perhaps there were some bad batches as it sounds some people here don't have this issue, whereas on Amazon at least a couple others did. And to be clear again, it's not just high volume , it's not just electronic dance music, the potential for the breakup is always there with bass of any kind I just chose those two tracks as it was super obvious for me.

I would try to do an exchange if it’s relatively easy to do so.
Hope your next set is better!!!

did you run them through the a test on:https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

would be curious if you hear issues there.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #19,611 of 62,675
Anyone tried TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 or SoundLiberty 77?

Any AptX TWS that has a seamless single bud use for a non-TWS+ device? My Onyx Neo sometimes struggles to pair to the second bud after putting the master bud into the case. Sabbat E12 Ultra doesn't have this issue as long as the initial pairing is successful, plus if things go wrong I am able to double-tap to go into pairing mode. However, alternating buds still causes the music to pause briefly, unlike some faster Realtek or Airoha options.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #19,612 of 62,675
Sad about the FW update. The MW07+ sound wonderful. Fit is and sound leak is what hurt me. New Beoplay 3rd gen out supposedly 2/14. Might be worth a flier.
I had the original E8. Hated the fit and while the sound was decent I thought they were overpriced then and now they want even more money for them.

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #19,613 of 62,675
I had the original E8. Hated the fit and while the sound was decent I thought they were overpriced then and now they want even more money for them.
Definitely overpriced. They’ll go on sale. Always do. The E8 Motion were better. Looks like the new 3rd gen could be a better fit. Smaller. Price though... I do not mind paying if they work for my needs. If they don’t, they go back!

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #19,614 of 62,675
So I got the Mavin Air-XR QI yesterday and I'm fairly happy with them.

Initial sound is good, maybe a mild V but truly more L shaped. No sibilance thus far. I listen at low to med volumes though. These things dig deep, at 50% volume on a frequency test I can clearly hear 20hz.

The QI charging placement is finicky due to the awesomely small size of the case. But it does work on 2 of 3 of my QI chargers.

I was testing the IPX7 rating and had too small tips in, so one side fell out and ended up completely submerged lol. Fortunately it's fine. Test passed :wink: .

My prompts are all in Japanese but that doesn't bother me. I've emailed Mavin to see if it can be changed to English.

Just to confirm what someone else said, the Air-XR does not allow the user to change language prompts like some chi-fi tws do. Just got an email back from Mavin.

Sound of the Air-XR is L-shaped. Great bass reach and good quantity. Awesome on EDM & Rap/hip hop. Gonna run through some rock/classical/jazz/etc. to see if it's a decent all rounder too.

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #19,615 of 62,675
Definitely overpriced. They’ll go on sale. Always do. The E8 Motion were better. Looks like the new 3rd gen could be a better fit. Smaller. Price though... I do not mind paying if they work for my needs. If they don’t, they go back!
B&O is notoriously overpriced for what they offer. The original E8 went for $299, but that's the sucker price, given they have large discounted sales here and there. The one thing I like about Bose, is they have sales, but they are minor, like $20 to $50, so even if I purchase it at regular price, it's not that big of a hit AND is not a big hit to brand value. They want to maintain the premium image, but they price themselves out of sales, then when income is sluggish, they slash prices, negating the very brand value they're attempting to achieve.

B&O is the new Beats. The retail price is never the REAL price.

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #19,616 of 62,675
New to TWS headphones. I'm on my second set. Just got the Soundmagic TWS50 after trying out the Haylou GTS1 Plus. I think both sound pretty good, but I like to listen to music loud. Neither goes loud enough with my Samsung S10e. If I crank it all the way up I can get to just adequate listening levels.

I've done a bit of research online, and I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem like much I can do to fix this. I tried fiddling with some of the developer options, but nothing worked. What a silly problem.

At this point I'm going to try and rely on you good people to point me towards a set that sounds good and gets proper loud. Any ideas?

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #19,617 of 62,675
B&O is notoriously overpriced for what they offer. The original E8 went for $299, but that's the sucker price, given they have large discounted sales here and there. The one thing I like about Bose, is they have sales, but they are minor, like $20 to $50, so even if I purchase it at regular price, it's not that big of a hit AND is not a big hit to brand value. They want to maintain the premium image, but they price themselves out of sales, then when income is sluggish, they slash prices, negating the very brand value they're attempting to achieve.

B&O is the new Beats. The retail price is never the REAL price.
Agreed. Problem with Bose for me personally is sound bleed. Folks at my office could hear my music. Granted, I listen to heavy stuff! I hope the new Bose tw headphones fix that but those stayhear tips never fit me well.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #19,618 of 62,675
@Ziggomatic - if either of your TWS has the option to control volume, try enabling the "Disable absolute volume" option and then manually bumping each ear bud's volume to max via the controls on each earbud.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #19,619 of 62,675
Has anyone else noticed that their orders on AliExpress done during last sale and ‘please wait for us being done with CNY until Feb 3’ have all been bumped up for another 15 days???

DDEAB453-05BB-45E6-B1A9-9D2B592E333A.jpeg

I guess this is virus related (ppl having trouble traveling back to work and such)

while I can totally understand that they have other / more important problems right now, a message / announcement would have been nice.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #19,620 of 62,675
My Cleer Ally Plus ANC TW will be here Thursday. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back